The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

2v8 is hilariously heavily Survivor sided it aint even close

Bookern
Bookern Member Posts: 159

Major elephants in the room: Escapist and Scout class are the meta classes for Survivors having old Mft and permanent wallhacks for the entire team is ridiculous.

For weird unknown reasons Billy has been demoted to a m1 killer and his Chainsaw no longer 1 shots he has been horribly nerfed and has to build up exposed like a Myers but Nurse has been Gigabuffed longer blink range with additional blinks like huh? Also nobodys gonna play Trapper since he requires setup time and 8 survivors can disable traps 8x faster then Trapper can place them. Wraith Nurse and Huntress are the only fun options.

8 Survivors have to complete 13 gens and Killers have to down a huge 24 times and since Killers are basic m1 killers with no slowdown and can only pressure 2 survivors at most Gen efficiency is gonna be insane matches will last 4-5 mins at most.

Final thoughts after 2v8 mode comes to live Killers won't touch this mode after the 3rd day cause i genuinely believe the escape and killrates will majorly flip 40% killrate and 60% escape rate even if Devs wanted this to be a unbalanced chaotic gamemode its really only that for Survivors while heavily balanced to Killers especially Billy

Comments

• Bookern

Dont tell me what to do and on official stream killers couldn't even get 4 downs let alone an 8k be fr my guy it was dogwater

• Bookern

When you play the game enough you can tell from footage and notes something is gonna be busted

• appleas
    appleas Member Posts: 1,122

9 gens would have been fine. Did the devs mention why it was 8 gens, not 9 or 10 in the livestream?

• Bookern

disagree you said it yourself the other modes have been killer sided yet queue times are unaffected in them however queue times for killers will be affected since you need two and with miserable its gonna be i can expect 5 to 10 min queue times for survivors

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,750

I'll reserve judgement for after I try it, but yeah, I highly expect full lobbies of Escapists.

• Bookern

Showing y gamemodes aint being permanent with bad takes like that

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 1,477
    edited July 18

Since this isn't a solo game mode, people played SWF for the most of the time might play it too, results in much less skilled killers with vastly more popularity

Not sure if they can have fun at all, though

• ArkInk
    ArkInk Member Posts: 651

DBD killers specifically?

I'm sorry, but survivor and killer mains are and always have been two peas in a pot. If one is a baby, the other is crying right alongside them. The sooner we stop associating each other with meaningless stereotypes and start understanding we're horror fans with invested interest in the same thing, the less salt there'll be all around.

Then again, it is Year 9 and half of the complaints I hear regularly around here could've been applied to Year 1 in some way, so who knows, maybe we're doomed to eternal childhood.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,889
    edited July 18

I'm just gonna be planting a Trap garden while Hillbilly is popping off with exposed and haste buffs 😁

Gonba be like an old man chasing troublesome kids stealing strawberries from my garden.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,051

It's gonna be a struggle to get a 4k, which would equate to a draw, especially if survivors wear the same skins.

• legiondoctor
    legiondoctor Member Posts: 145

Fun fact its always gonna be survivor sided

Even now its headin to it with over buffs to toolboxes and now endurance (babysitter)

• CrackedShevaMain
    CrackedShevaMain Member Posts: 408

It would have been competitive if they left other killers in as some of their powers are super strong compared to others. Removing all perks, add-ons and making nerfs and buffs to certain things is why it takes the competitiveness out of it. It’s literally meant to be fun chaos, that’s it

• Green_Sliche
    Green_Sliche Member Posts: 623

Killers will have to tunnel someone out asap. Also trapper will be pretty much auto-lose if someone picks him. Probably the most effective combo would be a good Nurse and Billy. Huntress and Wrath could also work provided at least one of them is competent.

Without tunneling one or two survivors asap, I can't imagine getting 4 or more kills here. Spreading ''cages'' is certainly a no-go if killers wish to win the match.

• DeBecker
    DeBecker Member Posts: 89

So its fine that killers have 60% kill rate but its not fine if survivors have 60% survival rate in a fun mode? Talking about being biased.

• WeenieDog
    WeenieDog Member Posts: 2,184
    edited July 18

I mean, 2 v 8 was probably always going to end up a balancing clownfest. And if it were the other way, it would end up like deathgarden's hunt with friends. Just as much of a joke, but massively in the hunter's favor.

• supergaymer9000
    supergaymer9000 Member Posts: 3

This is the funniest ######### thing to complain about right now. Some people really are that miserable.

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,750

I hadn't heard that part actually. That's very good to know. Though I wonder if that will effect queue times.

• I_Cant_Loop
    I_Cant_Loop Member Posts: 353

No, you're the only who refers to killer mains that way, and it's incredibly divisive and immature.

• I_Cant_Loop
    I_Cant_Loop Member Posts: 353

Were you around to remember how long survivors queues were when kill rates were closer to 50% than the 60% they are at now? Nobody wanted to play killer because of how stupidly survivor-sided the felt to play as killer, and that was at 50% kill rates. At 60% (if that's what it ends up being, which is pure speculation because nobody knows what it will be), good luck finding anyone who is willing to play killer after the novelty of the first few matches wears off.

This mode is likely going to be very imbalanced because the devs don't have any experience trying to balance a 2 v 8 mode. It's going to take time, experience, and many adjustments to fine tune. The early days will be frustrating but will hopefully get better.

• SweetbutaPsycho
    SweetbutaPsycho Member Posts: 249

Heres like a super crazy idea: we could just wait until the mode is out, play it and THEN complain about it being unbalanced, if it even is. Not the other way around

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,183

Peanits was lowkey cracked at Huntress I'm ngl. He was hitting some good shots.

• legiondoctor
    legiondoctor Member Posts: 145

I did that when chaos shuffle came out saying its very survivor sided and people didnt care but once lights out or anniversary event happen everyone complained saying its killer sided

• 100PercentBPMain
    100PercentBPMain Member Posts: 795

I'm actually kinda interested in Billy now seeing as he seems to be a support character.

Nurse doesn't seem like she'd benefit a whole lot from support but I'm sure nobody is sad about that

• Phantom_
    Phantom_ Member Posts: 1,327

I think the Devs know what works/doesn't work for a mode they created from scratch for the same game they created from scratch and even played it/showcased it.

At the end of the day, it's supposed to be a fun new game mode, not your daily sweatfest. If people are already whining this much, without having played it whatsoever, they might not make this mode permanent and just put it to bed. So come on, have some patience, and be a bit more lenient and open-minded. We don't know until we know.

• CroatanWolf
    CroatanWolf Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 3

Did you play it already or you just felt like bmc-ing about something you haven't experienced. Most normal people don't care wether they win or lose, they just want to experience fun with friends. You should try it.

• ColdCobalt
    ColdCobalt Member Posts: 50

Am I the only one who doesn't care if it's balanced one way or another? I think it'll just be a funny mode to mess around in

• EpixWingz
    EpixWingz Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 2

Bro already had a whole manuscript about the game mode before it was out lmao.

• Marc_123
    Marc_123 Member Posts: 3,497

My SoloQ games have not been very survivor sided so far.