Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.

PC PERFORMANCE ISSUES

Gorik
Gorik Member Posts: 175
edited July 23 in Ask the Community

I have been having some issues with frame drops on DbD for a month or so now.

My PC can and has always run DbD fine.

But I am finding that I get random frame drops a lot, as well as frame drops to the point things stop for a second, every time a Gen is finished being the main time.

Anyone got any suggestions on how I can solve this please?

PS it happens on Low graphics and on Ultra etc with no variation.

Post edited by Rizzo on

Answers

• Ovelha
    Ovelha Member Posts: 1

I think the problems started since upgrading from UE4 to UE5. Currently my game also has a considerable frame drop, it happens sometimes in the chase, other times when I go to the hook or at random moments. My computer has good specs and I feel like the game ran much better before, even though I didn't change anything in the game.

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,094

Did you try to run the Game in DX11 instead of DX12?

• Kolakia
    Kolakia Member Posts: 6

This might be a different issue, but I had frame drops everytime I tried to move my mouse quickly, and found the issue was my mouses polling rate was too high. Dropped it to 125 and it fixed every issue.

Another option, if you're on NVIDIA, would be to drop the maximum CPU usage rate down to 90% in the NVIDIA Control Panel. The game reaching 100% usually causes a short freeze/frame drop.

• sausage11
    sausage11 Member Posts: 129

Same. I tried disabling Vsync in the NVIDIA control panel, capped my FPS to 120, lowered my mouse polling rate to 500 but still get the occasional frame drops in every match I play.

Wouldn't say my setup is bad, I play on a RTX 3060 Ti, Ryzen 5 5600, 16 GB RAM and the game is installed on a SSD.

• sausage11
    sausage11 Member Posts: 129
    edited July 24

At least it seems like we're not the only ones with these sudden FPS drops.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/4516631358207248944/

I also saw some streamers on Twitch that have this issue. So it's definitely not a technicals issue on our side.