The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

A little rant about Nurse

jamally093
jamally093 Member Posts: 1,623

...I don't like facing her I really don't. For the reason of I don't know how to I know people have said to be unpredictable and break line of sight and I do that or well try to but here's where the problem comes in. Every Nurse I face are the players who JUST play Nurse they don't play any other killer so it's basically giving a kid who never played chess and make them go against a world class chess champion. Also yes i use chess for this example since it's a lot of thinking as when facing Nurse you basically have to try thinking what their going to do while figuring out what your going to do at the same time so I'm not trying to pull the chessmerchant card. Anyways so basically instead have a person who doesn't face Nurse often but when she shows up it's someone who just plays her and knows her perfect add-ons and can pull a 180 and suddenly look in a different direction i don't know if their playing on PC and have their sensitivity up high or something else. But I won't figure out how to counter Nurse because I can't face those players who chose to play Nurse just for a good challenge aka the sample platter player where they do have a main everyone does but they want to try playing a different killer for once. I don't know if custom game you can have well bot killers that way it can help you practice against a killer and learn how they work and I'm hoping BHVR does that soon enough because I want to learn how to counter these killers by practicing against them. Because yes I get watching some videos can help you learn but also playing against them does also but with Nurse they basically say good luck and just throw you in a match against a pro Nurse player.

The other problem is just her power it's not bad but it really just messes with the server since as I've stated the game has to ba register their screen and what they do then my screen and where I am and what I'm doing but then also have to see if they land a hit. So basically I get hit a millisecond after they appear as the server basically catches up so I don't get that proper time to react and think of what to do. Before I won't lie probably cross platform came I was able to face Nurse easily maybe it was the server or some other thing but since cross platform came facing Nurse is just not even possible since well I just can't figure out what to do so I won't lie Nurse is just that killer I give up on because I know I won't even be able to get a gen done or get a good chase in. "You shouldn't give up because you'll never learn" I know but I would rather face a bot Nurse to learn or a player who just decided to try playing Nurse for today aka causal I'm not looking for extremely new but a moderate or standard player.

Comments

• ExcelSword
    ExcelSword Member Posts: 512

Yeah, Nurse really sucks to play against sometimes.

Especially when there are so many maps without walls to block LOS. Map direction lately has been many unsafe loops, little safe ones and no LOS blockers.

If you can't force nurse to make a prediction blink, she just needs to get within a certain range and her next two blinks are pretty much guaranteed to hit. It feels absolutely horrible.

• pa4n
    pa4n Member Posts: 50

What helped me was plaing nurse myself for like 20-50 games and watched more experienced players outplay me.

Also as survivor run early because if you do that she has to waste a few blinks to even catch up….

Running on the edges of the map also helps

In the end if the nurse knows what she is doing you are gonna go down anyway…just waste as much time as possible

GL