Cross hairs bannable?

iOverSpray
iOverSpray Member Posts: 101

Are steams crosshair addons considered cheating / get you banned?

Answers

• steezo_de
    steezo_de Member Posts: 1,202

No. I say this based on the countless streamers that say they use one. BHVR cannot detect it if it's an overlay anyway so there's no way to enforce it.

• GolbezGarlandGabrant
    GolbezGarlandGabrant Member Posts: 979

I don't think it can be enforced as you can put a tiny piece of paper on your monitor if it works for you and they would never know the difference.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 3,001
    edited July 31

No. No different to drawing a dot on your monitor with a marker, and you can't be policed for that. It's a standard functionality provided by the platform the game is released on, so you have no concerns for bans.

Personally I've always considered it kinda lame; I consider the lack of a crosshair to be part of the game, and a skill in of itself to learn... to subvert it to my mind is going against the spirit of the game...

However plenty of people do it with no way of me or anyone else knowing who does and who doesn't, and no amount of disapproving finger wags from angry cranks like me is gonna change it... you could even argue it as an accessibility feature if you squint hard enough, so...

If you wanna use it, knock yourself out 😁

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,771

Their anti-cheat only looks for game file changes, and crosshair overlays would be outside of that. So you should be just fine. Do keep in mind though, if that anti-cheat does ban you the devs cannot do anything about it.

• bleep275
    bleep275 Member Posts: 227

I don’t think so. Kind of a cheap move though unless you have a disability

• iOverSpray
    iOverSpray Member Posts: 101

I wouldn't call it any more cheap then a swf using coms in a game that doesn't have them. Though many seemed to have answer my question so I do appreciate it!