We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Why DbD must have camping all the time

I mean since hook grabbing removal camping doesn't really have much interaction yet it is kept possible for some reason, why don't we just get rid of it

Maybe it's thematic or something but at this point camping is almost throwing in most games, I don't see completely getting rid of it will harm the game

Comments

• VibranToucan
    VibranToucan Member Posts: 64

They made face cmaping impossible and now increase hook stage time. What else do you want them to do to combat it?

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 1,477

Not exactly sure, maybe entire rework to hook system into something impossible to defend, it'd kill tunneling in some extent but whatsoever

PH cages or 2v8 cages are decently good, but I think hooked person should spawn in random locker rather than exact place they unhooked, so they can just stay in there if killers are nearby, obviously iron maiden should be disabled against it

• VibranToucan

I mean giving every killer PH cages would make them less special. They are overall an advantage for the killer as they don't need to pick up and carry survivors to the hooks so that would overall make the gameplay worse for survivor.

Spawning in a random locker after being unhooked would make healing after an unhook way harder, would make no thematic sense and would be a huge buff to the dredge.

• Neaxolotl

Hell, why do they needs to be injured to begin with, they'll be healed within seconds with WGLF if you don't camp anyway, they can be healed if we add a respawn time of 16 seconds or something

And PH deserves to get some more love anyway, I don't see the problem in them being "less special", a little rework or buff would be always cool

Ultimately you can make hook into altar or something and let entity do rest of things, too, basically hybrid of cages and hooks

Dredge really isn't an "issue" if we consider the chance the survivors hit the teleporting dredge, number of lockers itself is pretty big

Pretty sure thematically it'd look worst though

• Neaxolotl

Is there anything related to SWFs though, they are never getting hurt by camping or even tunneling tbh

• Neaxolotl
    edited August 2

When I play against SWFs or simply good survivors, camping is generally not an option because their efficiency makes it almost guaranteed loss because Pub matches doesn't have any restriction of perks or items

The biggest problem is it hurts the weaker side of survivors, which will inflates kills, and really makes it much harder when those pubstomping strategy stops working

• VibranToucan

I have never seen anyone use WGLF and it only works in end game anyway. Also, they are not going to be healed soon because they'll get randomly teleported across the map. Which might put them alone and closer to the killer sometimes.

Also, sure it's unlikely that you get put in the same locker as dredge but since dredge can teleport to any locker they could quickly teleport across the map and get killer instinct on you to make tunneling easier.

• Neaxolotl

I'm saying survivors can just be respawn with full health, especially with longer time before respawn

And dredge has restriction in his token and charge time, he can no way "quickly teleport across the map and get killer instinct" so easily at all

• VibranToucan

Making survivors respawn with full health would be an enormous meta shift and affect everything even marginally related to healing.

Also, just being unable to do anything for 16 seconds every time you get unhooked sounds very boring.

• Neaxolotl

That's a trade off for removal of camping or tunneling or whatsoever, and obviously I'm not caring about meta shifts or anything

You can literally have full health without any time penalty anyway, that might make killer base speed 4.8 or something but that's cool

• KatsuhxP
    KatsuhxP Member Posts: 791

Well you'd have to give the killers more time of buff them if you want to kill camping and tunneling.

Most survivors I've seen so far hate sitting on gens and that's exactly what they'd do on the first option.

The second wouldn't be better because most survivors also hate quick games where they go down quickly, that's why I think it's pretty okay how it is at the moment.

• Neaxolotl

I'm not really interested in making survivors better neither, just wishes to normalize results between weaker side of survivors and better side of survivors