The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Finisher mori, what about basekit unbreakable?

Memesis
Memesis Member Posts: 150
edited August 3 in Feedback and Suggestions

I really hope we're not getting an incoming slug meta. That ptb was horrible, with or without basekit unbreakable.

What i'd really like to see is the yellow mori basekit, but only working if there is one survivor left, which would hopefully discourage slugging the last two survivors.

And, give base-kit unbreakable when there are two survivors left to further discourage slugging for the 4k.

Forcing a hatch or mori only would be the more exciting ending of a killer-won match, and certainly be more fun than a slug fest.

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,428

I suspect the plan is that yellow mori becomes basekit. That is the simplest change they can make, and allows moris to become more of a thing as people usually bring BP offerings. After doing that, they can start selling mori animations as a cosmetic.

• AmpersandUnderscore
    AmpersandUnderscore Member Posts: 1,655

I'm hoping that it's just an auto-mori when the last survivor is downed or something. Can skip the need for unbreakable and it doesn't allow the game to drag on with endless slugging.

• ohheyitsbobcat
    ohheyitsbobcat Member Posts: 1,707

I'd be fine, happy even with a weaker unbreakable at 2 left in order to discourage slugging. You could even bring back the finisher mori if they do down the last 2.

I highly doubt we'll get that though. :/

• Langweilg
    Langweilg Member Posts: 777

Unbreakable should only be basekit for the last two survivors. Another way against slugging would be to let survivors when downed press a button, which grants them faster crawling speed with the negative of bleeding out fasster

• Ayodam
    Ayodam Member Posts: 2,811

You actually just lost me at the end of your first paragraph. You being a killer main doesn’t really matter here. The game shouldn’t end because four survivors are slugged, which is what happened during the finisher mori tests on PTB and why the idea at least in that iteration was scrapped. Killers would slug all four people at 5 gens, mori the last then the other three automatically died.

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,163

True, but in a normal game, if you play infinite T3 Myers, there is always the chance that one of the downed survivors has Unbreakable and will use it ince you pick up the last survivor. This happens all the time. With the PTB sudden mori mechanic the game ended before any unbreakbales or Flip Flop/Powerplays or potential Deliverances could be used, it was a true sudden death mechanic.

So while a comeback from a4 slug Oni in regular game isn't easy, there is at least a chance for it. Thats why I would link the reduced Finsher Mori mechanic to all this perks. If the survivors can potentially still turn this somehow arround, they stay slugged, but if they got no chances left, just end the game. In a way, its less of a tactical use and more like how the EGC prevents the game to be taken hostage, while not really offering a tangible benefit to the killer. Nearly always there is more then enough time to reset and run for the doors, and the timer barely comes into play.

• Ikalx
    Ikalx Member Posts: 134

Isn't this just a killer win? Honestly I'd rather have the game end immediately so I can queue for another.

Unbreakable is just too powerful to be basekit. In the 2vs8 mode you get self-care on your last hook and that would be way less disruptive to normal play in comparison (not that I'm suggesting that).

• Neaxolotl
    Neaxolotl Member Posts: 1,477

With the PTB sudden mori mechanic game 3 survivors can still get to use unbreakable, and flip flop powerplays or deliverance doesn't work even on today simply because killer has no obligation to pick anyone up at all

I'm not opposed to simply giving them grace period instead of ridiculous things like basekit unbreakable, but any counter that is working today will work on PTB just fine so talking as if "there is no counter" is simply wrong

• Akumakaji
    Akumakaji Member Posts: 5,163

One thing for sure: Basekit Unbreable JUST. CANT. HAPPEN! The game isn't made for this, so the sudden death mori can't be happening either. But a Finisher Mori when everyone is slugged and no one has any Unbreakable left? Sounds about right to me.

• Neaxolotl

"when everyone is slugged and no one has any unbreakable left" still technically has a problem of immediately notifying the killers it's existence and letting them deal with it, though

I believe flat 1 min duration before the mori would be slightly better

• KatsuhxP
    KatsuhxP Member Posts: 627

I've seen a mod comment under another post that it isn't the same finisher-mori tested before, I can't remember the person anymore. So it shouldn't make killers slug more in theory.

• Deathstroke
    Deathstroke Member Posts: 3,492

Probably they make more cosmetics with custom mori like were-elk and naughty bear.

• Rickprado
    Rickprado Member Posts: 560
    edited August 4

I don't think killers should be punished for slugging, specially since it not circumvents normal gameplay, its a part of the normal gameplay. I had many situations where everyone ended up slugged because someone missplayed or people were too greed on gens/saves trying to do them right in front of my face. 4 people slugged is more a survivor fault than a killer intention, specially since it can be unmade easily with a single Unbrekable or a healing perk/medkit.

@topic

They've said in the anniversary stream it will only affect the last survivor. Probably it will be something like yellow mori basekit more than anything else.

EDIT: recently i had a situation where 3 randoms tried to get a pallet save when i was slugged and the killer just downed them all. Maybe he thought we were a SWF Bm'ing because he left all of us to bleed out. I wish in those situations we could just be sacrificed, mori'ed or choose to bleed out faster. At least for me, if the game is over with everyone on the ground i should just end right away.

• TieBreaker
    TieBreaker Member Posts: 868

One day your dream will be realised and BHVR will implement your perk idea.

• kitsch1
    kitsch1 Member Posts: 11

they said it is gonna work like a cypress so the killer literally only gets a cool animation at the end, but a base kit unbreakable would be insane as that would mean survivors all now have 2 god tier perks build in pretty much meaning domination each game

• Neaxolotl

You have quite a strange definition of "greed", especially when you don't call survivors asking for free hatches "greedy"

You can't have a double standard like that, unless you don't care about how you looks from outside

• Langweilg
    Langweilg Member Posts: 777

It would still do the same and make it even faster, but I would buff the iron will part of it to 100%.

• For_The_People
    For_The_People Member Posts: 516
    edited August 5

Even as a survivor main, I’d be happy for your idea to not just be a perk but become base kit for killers. Unnecessary lingering beyond a certain timeframe (that can account for waiting to help a teammate etc) should just be outright punished as a base kit. Also removing crouch button when killer is within radius of exit too perhaps - but keeping in other gestures for ‘point tech’ could be a thing.

• joeyspeehole
    joeyspeehole Member Posts: 73

I usually let the last person go just because it would be boring for me to slug to get a 4k. I guess I'm just different. I also hate it when Killers leave the last person on the ground to bleed out by the hook and then camp the hooked person so they don't jump off the hook.

• KateMain86
    KateMain86 Member Posts: 2,374

The idea of a finisher mori is problematic. No one is going to want to be the last survivor if it goes live, which will negatively affect how matches are played.

• VantablackPharaoh91
    VantablackPharaoh91 Member Posts: 584
    edited August 7

Yellow Mori Basekit, the other Moris give extra Moriable targets on Death Hook, and they all give more BP when you successfully Mori. So you get one basekit but Yellow Mori gives one more Surv, Green 2 more, and Iri Three more (total of 4). Also, please make the basekit Mori allow me to Mori one Survivor, period, not just the last Survivor. I don't really care enough about a 4k to go for the last dude, I would rather let them have hatch or give them hatch. I want the ability to choose who I get to Mori. In addition make all Moris, including basekit ones and perks like Rancor or Devour Hope, give BP for the event.

Anything else besides this is a bad idea. It would also make this Mori-loving Ghostface very very very sad, please do not nerf my fun photo-snapping sessions with my Survivor friends. Please don't make me choose between mercy and my cool animation. Let me have my cinematic moment whenever I desire it, not just at the end. I don't like slugging for the 4k and don't wanna do it just to get my Mori.

• Neaxolotl

finisher mori never does anything to affect matches in practical circumstance

• Kaitsja
    Kaitsja Member Posts: 1,832

I think the finisher mori is unnecessary. I think we could avoid problems like the 4-man slug by simply allowing survivors to bleed out faster, or even a slightly more complex unbreakable that requires another slugged survivor nearby to permanently convert part of their recovery progress to allow their fellow survivor to fully recover from the dying state.

From a UI perspective, this would look similar to the regression meter on a generator. So, Survivor A and Survivor B are both slugged within ~3 metres of each orher. Survivor A permanently converts 25% of their recovery progress to allow Survivor B to pick themselves up. This means that Survivor A can no longer recover beyond 70%.

What purpose is the finisher mori/last survivor standing system supposed to serve? As someone who occasionally plays killer and doesn't care at all about getting the 4k, I don't see a need for it. I enjoy being able to decide if I want to give the last survivor hatch or gate, and I also enjoy being able to have slug races. I don't want to see these positive interactions removed.

Give killers the Ivory (Green) mori basekit, and retire the other mori offerings. I think this alone is a much better idea than the finisher mori.

• Seraphor
    Seraphor Member Posts: 9,197

Basekit yellow mori: yes

Basekit unbreakable: not in the way it has worked so far.

I think the ability to pick yourself up should only activate when all survivors are slugged. If there is any survivor available to go for the rescue, then that should be the play they have to make. But if all remaining survivors are down, one of them can pick themselves up. Once one gets up it deactivates again and they have to rescue the other(s), until all are downed again, and repeat.

This would only affect killers slugging all survivors (very rare) or killers slugging for the 4K (tiresome and unnecessary). It would make 4K slugging pointlessly risky, as you're now wasting your own time moreso than the survivors.

Slugging as part of normal play throughout the match would remain untouched and a valid pressure tactic.

• joeyspeehole

Hopefully they don't slug- camp the three people, if they slug them near each other.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,077

i am pretty sure they're just giving you cypress mori and retiring the add-on. it is nothing crazy.

• joeyspeehole
  • UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,889
    edited August 12

Wouldn't it be cool to have an 10 hook minimum requirement for the finisher mori?

Y'know, like it was a reward for an absolute victory type deal, so that camping and tunneling a survivor out is far less likely to allow you to get your "style points" win? The best way to realistically attain it would be to spread hooks, as if you hook a survivor and they SOH to give hatch, cause you've rushed out 2 other players, you won't get it.

Be like a natural incentive and "challenge" for killers to go for instead of just hard focusing their invisible MMR rating as their only incentive.

• Seraphor

They'd have to down them all right next to each other. At that point it's the survivors mistake.

• Seraphor
    edited August 12

@UndeddJester

That would be neat. Have two activation conditions: last remaining survivor or 10 hooks, which would allow you to mori at 2 remaining survivors.