Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Wait, other perks exist?

Tamo
Tamo Member Posts: 38

So I just have to throw this out there, I don't think many if any will disagree.

For a bit of context one of Trevors newest perks has made me want to now talk about this myself, 'Eyes of Belmont' it's the Lethal for survivor perk. Here in lies the rub however, this perk has aura reading increased by 2 seconds if the aura has a timer essentially, cool cheers. The perk also has its own aura reading which activates when a gen is finished, which a certain perk already does cough, cough DARK SENSE, cough, cough.

So here's the thing, I could talk about many perks I feel are redundant now, after changes or nerfs, original or licensed chapter. Like how when we got endurance off hook base kit BT felt a little silly to run, then when the premise of base kit Unbreakable was a thing, that felt like Bill as a character may as well not even have his own perks, if everything was base kit he contributes nothing except a slight bonus. Either rework them or don't bother was my take.

So back to the main topic Dark Sense is of course a general perk, Eyes of Belmont is Trevors perk. That still doesn't change the fact EoB is just better & makes dark sense kind of redundant. Which means instead of trying to revitalise perks we're once again shunning them off for something better or just trying to change the meta. There's a lot of useless perks on both sides of the game & this right here is the same problem we keep seeing & wish we didn't. There's other perks & while synergy with new stuff can be a little cool, nothing will revitalise useless perks. Some either need full reworks or perhaps just changes made reverting (nothing too crazy though, lookin at you Object & you MoM).

I would like to end on a proposition, we've had a lot of new chapters in such a short span of time this road map. Maybe in the lull or even just as an actual slot for changes in even next year's road map, can we get a perk overhaul? Just full rework or appropriate/makes sense perk changes that just actually does make those other perks more viable. It's a lot to ask but some of them have potential & could be the game changer literally for how we see the "meta" it could really make a display of playstyle knowing the perks are doing as intended to a players specific need.

This dragged a little longer than I intended, I hope I got the poing across well enough. Thanks for reading, now lets get those perks some uses shall we? XD

Comments

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,432

We apparently have an overhaul coming soon, I think they said approx 20 perks will be involved. Hopefully Dark Sense is one of them.

• Tamo
    Tamo Member Posts: 38

I appreciate the knowledge & of course the actual intended focus on doing a bit of a perk overhaul, I understand that Dark Sense has indeed got the radius on it & an activation. But again with so many perks doing the same thing as each other (I'm sure there's numerous examples people could think of) to know we'd end up with another essentially is the main problem in what I said here. Again as you say it's something people are aware of & it's cool to know these perks may get some attention soon. Very cool, thank you.

• Eelanos
    Eelanos Member Posts: 394

I haven't heard about this, but you guys should do this more often. There's nothing funnier than the two weeks after you rework or revamp a good chunk of perks at the same time and suddenly nobody knows what's going on.

And I don't mean duration/cooldown changes, just random effects added to perks. Some of them are awesome and some are atrocious, but that's part of the fun of it.