The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Buffing Lucky Star

Spirit_IsTheBest
Spirit_IsTheBest Member Posts: 935
edited September 13 in Feedback and Suggestions

Lucky Star

You know how to stay calm in the face of incomprehensible danger.

Whenever you enter a locker, Lucky Star activates.

You no longer suffer from the Blindness status effect when in lockers, and you make no grunts of pain. Any pools of blood within an 8 meter range of the locker you entered will automatically disappear.

Whenever you exit a locker, all other survivors auras and the closest generator will be revealed to you in yellow for 10 seconds.

Your slow entry into lockers is 15% quicker.

Lucky Star has a cooldown of 20 seconds after exiting a locker.

Changes:

New effects: You no longer have the Blindness status when in lockers, you can slow enter lockers 15% quicker, and any pools of blood within a 8 meter range of the locker you entered will automatically disappear.

Buffs: Removed the 10 second timer for grunts of pain, and instead it now allows you to have no grunts of pain for as long as you are in the locker. The cooldown has been reduced to 20 seconds from 30.

These changes will make Lucky Star a much more viable perk for solo queue, along with making it a much more sneaky getaway type perk. Removing the Blindness status from lockers has never been done before so implanting that concept into this perk will be very interesting in my opinion. Allowing you to slow enter lockers quicker isn't game changing but helpful if your really in need of a locker to keep yourself quiet in. Finally, I feel that the 30 second cooldown is a bit unnecessary for what it's current version is, but with these changes I feel that the cooldown should remain but only 20 seconds.

I request feedback, it's very appreciated!

Post edited by Spirit_IsTheBest on

Comments

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,183

Would love to see these buffs, honestly.

• Spirit_IsTheBest

Thanks! I really hope something similar to my concept is added to Lucky Star, the perk honestly needs some love.

• Tyler3
    Tyler3 Member Posts: 194

Yes, your changes sound perfect. There's a lot of perks that could do with some love right now, one particular being Low Profile. Just make it permanent.

• Spirit_IsTheBest
    edited August 20

Thank you! Low Profile is also a perk I really want buffed, just like the way you suggested, it should be permanent.

• Mazoobi
    Mazoobi Member Posts: 1,563

It's funny because I watched the new Alien Romolus movie last night and thought about the perk earlier.

These are solid ideas! The 10-second limit for denying pools of blood is such a bad part of the perk I don't know how the devs thought it was okay to be released like that.

• Spirit_IsTheBest

I saw it opening night, I loved it a lot, the ending though was really unexpected, and really made me laugh.

Thank you for the feedback, also very true how bad the developers made this perk and it somehow made it to live, the 10 seconds of pools of blood is really useless.

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,760

I don't think sound suppression should be indefinite, maybe 20 seconds.

However, I love the idea of blindness not effecting you and slowly entering lockers is faster while injured. Would make unique aura read situations.

• Spirit_IsTheBest

Thanks for the feedback, I honestly can get on board with 20 seconds but to be fair if the killer is scouting the area it might not be enough maybe, but if we were to ever see a change like mine, we will have to see how it will turn out once we test it.

Blindness not affecting someone if they are running this perk is something I wanted for Lucky Star for a long time, like you stated it will allow for some unique aura plays, something that I'm always down for!

• Tits
    Tits Member Posts: 203

I think the sound suppression should be indefinite as the birds alredy exist to keep people out of being in a locker too long. Since ripley came out i still use her perks on her but ill admit 99 times out of 100 your sound suppression never lasts long enough and the killer either sees your blood, sees your scratchmarks, or hears you after you run out of time making the perk slot feel like its only usefull to occasionally see where people are which bond or empathy alredy does better

• SoGo
    SoGo Member Posts: 807

I would love this version in the game.