The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What’s up with this matchmaking?

Gorgonia
Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607
I just played a game vs the doctor and I was a bit annoyed at how the other survivors kept failing and being downed by the killer. We ended up dying, all of us. And then I see this...
Besides the fact that these could or could not be deranked people, how can this kind of matchmaking even take place?

Comments

• No_Cluie_Louis
    No_Cluie_Louis Member Posts: 1,093

ive been getting crap like this all the time. It's really frustrating, but it can be bad for killers too , if they end up with a team way better than them. i actually think its been done on purpose to fix the slow matchmaking times, as there hasn't been slow queing since this started happening

• Gorgonia
    Yes, I noticed I’m getting games faster but didn’t care to look at the other’s rank until this game. I will keep an eye on the following ones.
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

PS4 I assume, I guess the matchmaking system widened its search since queue took too long?

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

I haven't gotten something so extreme, but I've had matches where I played solo and I was either the highest rank or the lowest rank. Like a rank 10 with a bunch of 13 and 14. I'm on PC.

• Gorgonia
    I just played another game:
    Legion rank 9
    survivors rank 2, 7, 8 and 18.
  • antgnstea
    antgnstea Member Posts: 869
    It’s not much different in pc either. Plus I always end up in very high pinged lobbies. And the matching time is not that low. I think I liked the old one better. 
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Check this:

• ForeheadSurviors
    ForeheadSurviors Member Posts: 154
    It’s because that person has no one in their region so the match making forces anyone into their lobby regardless of rank.
  • Gorgonia
    \o/
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Gorgonia said:
    \o/

Could have been SWF

• inkedsoulz
    inkedsoulz Member Posts: 93

damm things look ######### on ps4

• Gorgonia
    Master said:

@Gorgonia said:
    \o/

Could have been SWF

No, they all logged on at different times
  • Mochan
    Mochan Member Posts: 2,886

The only person who looks out of place there is Pedralopez, who ironically did better than the two veterans at Rank 14 and Rank 15.

In SWF groups it's not unusual for one high rank member to draw a high rank killer in. My friend is high rank and when we SWF I play against Rank 5 killers all the time (I'm Rank 15).

But it seems you weren't in an SWF group, and you're teh only one who would have drawn in the Rank 6 killer. I don't now how this happend sorry.

• Keene_Kills
    Keene_Kills Member Posts: 649

I've got no explanation for this one I was in last night while doing a Dwight daily solo. This was on PC, too. That Trapper was hardcore blood-thirsty and destroyed us entirely with extreme prejudice.

• Mochan

I guess the region matching just didn't work out. There weren't any lower rank killers available.

For the record, I have never had this problem. If I solo queue I always fight a killer within 3 ranks at most.

• Beverly
    Beverly Member Posts: 184

@Vietfox said:
    Check this:

That is insane... I have no idea how stuff like this keeps happening.

• Vietfox
    @Beverly said:

@Vietfox said:
    Check this:

That is insane... I have no idea how stuff like this keeps happening.

Yup, i posted this screenshot some time ago to see if devs can fix this. It felt bad to see killer's rank after the match.
  • Dokta_Carter
    Dokta_Carter Member Posts: 614
    Vietfox said:
    Check this:

Poor guy got bullied didnt they?
  • Vietfox
    @Vietfox said:
    Check this:

No, we just played the match.
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

@Keene_Kills said:
    I've got no explanation for this one I was in last night while doing a Dwight daily solo. This was on PC, too. That Trapper was hardcore blood-thirsty and destroyed us entirely with extreme prejudice.

Lol, yellow guy feeling they deserve to farm.

• Dokta_Carter
    edited January 2019
    Vietfox said:
    @Vietfox said:
    Check this:

Ah, but he prob thought you did becauae of the ranks, that aside. Poor guy(i didnt mean to make it seem you were toxic or bully them on purpose i just know some survivors do that when they seem someone doing bad.)
  • Vietfox
    edited January 2019
    Vietfox said:
    @Vietfox said:
    Check this:

Ah, but he prob thought you did becauae of the ranks, that aside. Poor guy(i didnt mean to make it seem you were toxic or bully them on purpose i just know some survivors do that when they seem someone doing bad.)
    We sent a pm to the killer after the match to tell him not to worry, that it was a matchmaking issue and that shouldn't have ever happened.
  • Keene_Kills

@Boss said:

Don't they always? There was more said I didn't catch in the screenshot, for sure. Could tell the Killer was being nourished by the salt. I was just laughing it off and in shock that matchmaking did that, honestly. Looka' those add-ons, too; that Trapper came to murder. One went down and it snowballed quick, fast, and in a hurry. Pretty good job so far!

• Dokta_Carter
    Vietfox said:
    Vietfox said:
    @Vietfox said:
    Check this:

We send a pm to the killer after the match to tell him not to worry, that it was a matchmaking issue and that shouldn't have ever happened.
    Thank you for being a decent human being.
    Its good to see this.
  • Boss
    Boss Member Posts: 13,614

@Keene_Kills said:

@Boss said:

Don't they always? There was more said I didn't catch in the screenshot, for sure. Could tell the Killer was being nourished by the salt. I was just laughing it off and in shock that matchmaking did that, honestly. Looka' those add-ons, too; that Trapper came to murder. One went down and it snowballed quick, fast, and in a hurry. Pretty good job so far!

Actually, i don't know if they always do.
    Of course i've seen it sometimes.
    But i mostly have the chat closed & usually just leave immediately. Y'know, wanna play more 'n' stuff.

• Negi
    Negi Member Posts: 378
    edited January 2019

Funny thing is I was getting nearly instant lobbies as survivor on PS4 until recently (with appropriately ranked players), I'm assuming the matchmaking change went through and made things like this.

• Attackfrog
    Attackfrog Member Posts: 1,134

Lol, but this "ranking system" works!

See the other thread about the ranking system on the general discussions page.

• Entità
    Entità Member Posts: 1,583

What? O.o A rank 2 team against a rank 18 killer? O.o

• Theluckyboi
    Theluckyboi Member Posts: 1,113

yeah, has been happenning a lot

• HatCreature
    HatCreature Member Posts: 3,298

So i'm not the only one, I think I made a thread like this too but it seems it's gotten worse since then. It feels bad when I get matched with a low level killer as Survivor and I hate getting matched with high level Survivors as Killer. The que times have been really slow, I wonder what's going on, not enough people playing?

• Theluckyboi
    Theluckyboi Member Posts: 1,113

@HatCreature said:
    So i'm not the only one, I think I made a thread like this too but it seems it's gotten worse since then. It feels bad when I get matched with a low level killer as Survivor and I hate getting matched with high level Survivors as Killer. The que times have been really slow, I wonder what's going on, not enough people playing?

i wonder if dedicated servers have something to do with this

• Mochan

@Keene_Kills said:

@Boss said:

Personally if I saw that many streamers in the match I'd go into a farming bonanza. Lots of killers did this during the December event. One match I got like 200k BP because we were all partying.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

@Dokta_Carter said:
    Vietfox said:

@Dokta_Carter said:

Vietfox said:

@Dokta_Carter said:

@Vietfox said:

Check this:

We send a pm to the killer after the match to tell him not to worry, that it was a matchmaking issue and that shouldn't have ever happened.

Thank you for being a decent human being.
    Its good to see this.

why can't more player be like you guys?:D

• AntiFlowX
    AntiFlowX Member Posts: 13

Its not only the Rank that is so different. I now get mostly People from the US And Japan in my Lobbys and im from Germany. The Lobbys are broken AF it seams. That makes waiting for People from my Region or with an Ping under 200 even longer then ever.

• Keene_Kills

And this is also why solo survivor is currently on the same frustration level as playing as Freddy or Legion. You end up getting farmed from both sides and your SWF "team mates" usually split rank and end up matching you with a higher ranked Killer. Then, as Killer, you can easily and quickly tell you're up against a SWF and have to assume everybody is going to be toxic and sweaty while adjusting their own gameplay accordingly. Can't blame them... that's how I play on Killer, too; you have to.

• Gorgonia

@Keene_Kills said:
    And this is also why solo survivor is currently on the same frustration level as playing as Freddy or Legion. You end up getting farmed from both sides and your SWF "team mates" usually split rank and end up matching you with a higher ranked Killer. Then, as Killer, you can easily and quickly tell you're up against a SWF and have to assume everybody is going to be toxic and sweaty while adjusting their own gameplay accordingly. Can't blame them... that's how I play on Killer, too; you have to.

it's hard to play solo with another 3 survivors that are new... I've had disastrousgames yesterday. The killer was farming them nonstop. the new survivors tend to make lots of mistakes and suddenly you find yourself alone vs a high rank killer and 4 gens to be done

• Tizzle
    Tizzle Member Posts: 696

I'd rather find games with two or three that are Rank 20 than sit in queue for twenty minutes.

Matchmaking on PS4 has been all sorts of messed up ever since the Winter Solice event ended.