Dracula on controller feels bad

insanity_major
insanity_major Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 4

The control scheme for Dracula is very confusing and acwarad when Shape Shifting.

Having to press both Right Bumper and Trigger is not ideal and would be so much easier if I could use the interaction button instead.

It's also confusing trying to figure out witch button is for witch form because the Pop ups are inverted. So "Press Right Trigger for Bat Form" is on the left side of the screen and makes it feel very inverted trying to read it in the middle of chase. This will often cause me to miss transform.

Comments

• dbd900bach
    dbd900bach Member Posts: 683

I was initially confused too, but after a few games I stopped needing the prompts to begin with and only used muscle memory. It would be nice if they fixed the inversion, but its far from a major issue.

• lindechene
    lindechene Member Posts: 76

After Knight and Lich the Dark Lord is now the third Killer that requires more advanced menu selections.

One Radial Menu UI for all mutli-ability Killers?

It would be advantageous to shape shift with a similar Radial Menu Selection as the Lich uses for ability selection.

Example:

Radial UP: Human Form

Radial Right: Bat Form

Radial Left: Wolf Form

Similar to Lich the shapes on cooldown or in use could be displayed but unselectable.

What is not optimal with the current Dark Lord Shape Shifting Controls?

Depending on the Shape you are in the buttons to switch form have different functions.

There are three shapes but on console only two shoulder buttons LB|RB are used to switch between them.

New players are forced to read the button description. Each time they switch shape the buttons have a different function.

Reasoning

It is challenging enough to memorize the controls for so many Killers.

It is crucial to start implementing one Radial User Interface to switch between Abilities so the controls become standardized.

Rule of Thumb: The same ability is always selectable by the same button in the same direction.

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,164

Why does BHVR not take advantage of the d-pad for these killers? Controllers have a d-pad, killers don't use it at all, let us make quick selections for Vecna and Knight and all by allowing immediate selection with a single press of a directional button. No scrolling, no clumsy menus, just a single button press.

Look at Vecna. Four options. Look at the d-pad, it lines up perfectly with it. So why are we forced to open up the selection screen and use its clumsy interface when the d-pad is right there?