Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Is there any particular reason why Console doesn't get a higher Max Sensitivity?

AlwaysInAGoodShape
AlwaysInAGoodShape Member Posts: 1,301
edited January 2019 in General Discussions

Low frame-rate and the locked low Max Sensitivity on console (/controllers) is what creates the disparity between the performance of killers like Nurse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMfNF8xf8zo
Youtuber acknowledging the disparity between PC and console and the effect on the game.

Frame-Rate sounds like the more difficult issue to solve and I wouldn't know what causes this seemingly simple game to be so demanding.

So, to put the first one aside, what about the second? Max sensitivity. With a mouse you can turn around way faster than you'd ever be able to do with a controller. This one should be easy to solve?!

So that is my question; why hasn't the locked max sensitivity option not been solved yet? This could possibly be as simple as changing 1 number variable in the script, being the max scope for sensitivity. Is there more to it?;
-Is it a matter of the Dev team not being aware?
-Is it related to FOV and how certain things are unloaded when not in view, which would make a higher max sensitivity problematic on console's? Thus being performance related?
-Else?

Answers

• TheMidnightRidr
    TheMidnightRidr Member Posts: 599
    edited January 2019
    I agree with you......but I as well as much of the DBD community dispise that man in the video....
  • FoggyDownpour
    FoggyDownpour Member Posts: 288
    I agree and I wish I knew the answer. The only thing I can guess is the fps issues, my ps4 account runs between 18-25fps normally and can dip lower than that depending on what's happening. I have the sensitivity cranked and it still feels very very slow.
  • Kherma
    Kherma Member Posts: 24
    edited January 2019

Edit. Nothing to say here...

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

Because developers think console players are neanderthals that can't handle fast aim speeds.

I play high sensitivity on almost all shooters. I turn off aim assist too when it's an option. If you play console a lot you can aim just fine.

• DwightsLifeMatters
    DwightsLifeMatters Member Posts: 1,649
    Don't expect an official answer. This was asked multiple times and there is not a single statement (at least I'm not aware if one). The reason could be anything. 
  • tt_ivi_99
    tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463
    This are the reasons why I stopped playing Nurse on Ps4.

Maybe devs didnt want a higher sensibility because of the frame rate, moving your camera at a higher speed and having to deal with low fps could make you go blind each time you turn around.
  • MojoTheFabulous
    MojoTheFabulous Member Posts: 2,015

To my knowledge it matches the controller sensitivity of the PC version. At least it's better than it used to be before the option to change it even existed. We're talking literally 2.5 seconds to pull a full turn.

It's terrible and I don't understand why they don't change it. There is no good reason not to.

• DwightsLifeMatters
    tt_ivi_99 said:
    This are the reasons why I stopped playing Nurse on Ps4.

Maybe devs didnt want a higher sensibility because of the frame rate, moving your camera at a higher speed and having to deal with low fps could make you go blind each time you turn around.
    I highly doubt this. I increased my speed to 300% (edited a file for that) and my fps are the same. 
  • Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200
    Well, the higher the sensitivity, the higher the rate of rotation
    The faster you rotate, the higher the performance issues 
  • DwightsLifeMatters
    Master said:
    Well, the higher the sensitivity, the higher the rate of rotation
    The faster you rotate, the higher the performance issues 
    Sounds logical in theory, in practice it's no difference (at least for me on pc)