PC: EASY ANTI CHEAT IS NOT DETECTED - OUTDATED VERSION ON GAME FILES?

NickyLydell
NickyLydell Member Posts: 5
edited August 28 in Bug Reporting

I play the game from Xbox Windows. I tried opening the game after the update and it keeps failing when loading the EasyAntiCheat window. It shows a sign "EasyAntiCheat it´s not installed". It is, and I know it works because I have Fall Guys on Epic Store and when I try repairing the game from the Easy Anti Cheat foulder (from my program files, not the folder inside the game files) it detects Fall Guys, but it doesn´t detect Dead By Daylight.

It´s like I have two separate EasyAntiCheat launchers, because when I try to open the EasyAntiCheat.exe file from the DbD folder, it doesn´t work. It tries, and instantly closes.

I tried with the repair tool from the Xbox Launcher, and nothing. I tried reinstalling the game, and the same issue remains. I tried by creating a shortcut and changing the name of the easyanticheat.exe file (inside the dbd folder) from properties as recommended on some forums, and nothing. I tried repairing it from Windows Repair Tool and according to it, the Easy Anti Cheat version is compatible with Windows 8 or older versions. I have Windows 10. So I´m not sure if the new update has an issue where the files have the wrong EssyAntiCheat file version.

Post edited by BoxGhost on
1 votes

Duplicate · Last Updated

This has been already reported and it's under review. Thank you!

Comments

• BLY890
    BLY890 Member Posts: 2

I'm having the same issue I try the same things but nothing works

This discussion has been closed.