The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Dying Light

TheSubstitute
TheSubstitute Member Posts: 2,438
edited August 30 in Feedback and Suggestions

Okay, the perk is garbage. We all know that. How about if it started with a repair speed penalty (not an oppressive penalty but moderate) until a survivor was killed and then the penalty disappeared?

In my opinion it would be a healthier slowdown as, once a survivor is killed, the penalty disappears so that would discourage tunneling and would place it with Ruin for healthier slowdown options. It would less of a win more when already winning perk and more of a get a reward for spreading hooks perk.

Of course it wouldn't stop tunneling anymore than BBQ prevents people from camping (even if BBQ is almost completely worthless if a Killer camps) but at least it would be a slowdown that could provide an alternative to tunneling. In my opinion, slowdowns that encourage healthier gameplay styles are a good thing.

On a side note BHVR if any of you read this feel free to bring back Ruin disappears when a survivor dies but bump regression back up.

Comments

• Reinami
    Reinami Member Posts: 5,428

The problem with dying light is that it is a "win more" perk. Basically, it only really starts kicking in until you have gotten 4-5 hooks, and by that point, the game should be almost over one way or the other, so it doesn't really have time to take too much effect. 3% off a gen is 2.7 second slower for each stack. It really isn't going to start making that much of a difference until you get 4-5 stacks. On top of that, you can't gain stacks on the obsession.

In order to keep with the theme of "ignoring the obsession" i would suggest something like:

• Remove the buff the obsession gets, it doesn't make any sense
    • Make it work off hitting a survivor instead of hooking them, so it becomes like a save the best for last for gen defense.