The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Genetic limits rework idea

Pretty simple change I think not sure if it's busted but what if instead it made it so survivors get 1 second of exhausted per second of healing done. This way you can actually get the benefits of this perk when interrupting healing and it could be countered if only a few seconds are gathered. I think this would be an interesting change.

Comments

• BrightestMage
    BrightestMage Member Posts: 28

Also not to mention it also would still let survivors bring good medkits to not be punished as hard. It being second of healing rather than percent is very crucial for balance purposes.

• frictionless
    frictionless Member Posts: 8

That's a really cool idea for a change, since it synergizes well with other anti-healing perks (coulrophobia for extension, nurses calling for initiating chases to take advantage of it, deathbound for similar reasons) and heavily incentivizes group healing among survivors. Solid rework concept!

• BrightestMage

Thanks! I'm glad you like it! I hope Behavior sees this and does too!

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,082

that is too hard to code. it is easier for bvhr to set a value for exhaust while you heal that persists like Mindbreaker. For example, the mechanic could be 15 second of exhaust that persists during healing.

• BrightestMage

That could work too! I wasn't insinuating that they should do that exact code. I wasn't posting this thinking this would be exactly what they would do. just suggesting. They always have and will always have the creative freedom to do what they will.

• GonnaBlameTheMovies
    GonnaBlameTheMovies Member Posts: 675

Your suggestion nerfs it even more into obscurity. What Killer would actually run that except injury pressure ones? I think instead of exhaust, it should cause hinder or inefficiency for some amount of time, maybe up to 20-30 seconds. This does not punish for good medkits, but it counters things like exhaust perks and makes styptics/syringes way more dangerous and risky, instead of "just the obvious choice".

• BrightestMage

This is by means a nerf. You would get zero value maybe a tiny bit before this change then after, every time you interrupt healing you'll be getting value. obviously I'm not a game dev but changing it to something like inefficiency wouldn't make sense but hindered wouldn't be a terrible idea in my opinion. but 30 seconds of hindered would be absolutely insane. just 10 from forced hesitation can get you value multiple times per match. Also considering exhaustion doesn't go down as you're running, even 5 seconds of healing could prevent a perk from being used upon interruption. Also this perk is intended to assist anti healing build obviously so it makes no sense to say it shouldn't be. If every perk was gen regression or slowdown or a swiss army knife, why would it matter what perks you use?