The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

DS should be being changed (a little bit)

Backmon
Backmon Member Posts: 236
edited September 10 in Feedback and Suggestions

Cause now it feels to strong and overpowered perk especially if combine with off the record. Of course nerf should be fair to not make perk completely useless so for example this change can make this perk more fair:

Nerf: After being unhooked or unhooking yourself, Decisive Strike activates for the next 20/30/40 seconds (now 40/50/60 seconds)

Nerf: Stuns the Killer for 2 seconds (now 4 seconds).

Nerf: Make survivor who use it exhausted for 10 second (to prevent use haste perk after ds stun)

Nerf: Perk doesnt activate when you exhausted (for same reason)

Comments

• Valimure
    Valimure Member Posts: 83

I mean it already has a specific counter... Don't tunnel the person off hook, or just slug them for the minute after if you really must tunnel.

What needs to be fixed is that, in my experience playing killer, it doesn't seem to properly deactivate right now by performing conspicuous actions. I've watched people cleanse totems, heal others, unhook survivors, and then still somehow be able to use DS.

• Backmon

Okay why do you think this nerfs is to much? This just help make this perk fair and not abuse it for bodyblocking (cause now survivors doing this only cause they now they can run to far) and also this is fair nerf for perk that bring its effect by default (you dont need repairing/cleanse totems/do saves to make perk work so its actually passive effect)

• Backmon

If by noboly use you mean use it offensive so yes this would be good change and make this perk for anti tunnel and not bodyblocking. And again why this nerfs to much for you?

• Backmon

And why do you think i subjective? Cause this changes can solve 2 problems with this perk. Agressive bodyblocking cause now they doing this cause now they can run after stun to far. Give reward equal for effect being activate (cause effect of perk is passive you dont need to do anything for perk to work and for now reward is to much for how passive and easy value from this perk). So its only make perk fair, thats all.

• Royval
    Royval Member Posts: 493

worst perk I’ve ever seen

• Philscooper
    Philscooper Member Posts: 40

how often do you take ds that you think it needs a nerf?

DS : activates for 60 secounds after being unhooked,
    you pratically cannot progress the game
    it only works once which stuns the killer for 4 secounds
    it disables in endgame

meaning you waste a slot to play the game or waste time trying to get value out of ds.
    it can be countered by slugging or ignoring unhooked survivor.
    ignoring the whole cow that stronger killers are just uneffected by this whatsoever

so either you tunnel so hard that you eat a ds 3 times per match,
    or you somehow fight against bully squads that bait ds and get it off successfully
    (going into locker or taking protection hits)

it does not need a nerf, at most a rework overall
    or give it a shorter stun for weaker killers

• mizark3
    mizark3 Member Posts: 2,209

I will once again recommend the best DS change.

Stun Killer and Survivor for 30s. Killer gets to hit and down the Survivor immediately afterward.

• dbd900bach
    dbd900bach Member Posts: 671

The entire point is to get distance and avoid getting downed but even now it's hardly useful, especially mid or early game where it makes little to no difference. At 2 seconds it completely fails at being an anti-tunneling perk. Even when used offensively it's still useless at buying time if you just slug that survivor.

Not to mention that both Off the Record and DS are both still disabled in endgame

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,082

you could die under a pallet and then pallet stun the killer. still a second chance.

• TieBreaker
    TieBreaker Member Posts: 875

So to stop the perk from being used offensively, you cut the stun down by half, and made it so no exhaustion perks can activate for ten seconds?

That doesn't just make it useless for bodyblocking. It just makes it almost impossible for the survivor get away after activating it, making the perk almost useless in every regard.

• RoastedGarlic
    RoastedGarlic Member Posts: 592

these changes are bad, if anything they should make it so ds can be used twice in a match.

• GonnaBlameTheMovies
    GonnaBlameTheMovies Member Posts: 678

It's not "too strong" with OTR. Stop hardcore tunnelling.

• Rulebreaker
    Rulebreaker Member Posts: 1,826

We're unsure as to how this is "fair" as this would make DS effectively useless. Others have very much explained the reasons so please read them over thoughtfully.

• albertoplus
    albertoplus Member Posts: 278

What i would do with both DS and OTR:

Before the first 3-5 seconds, DS works same as always. After that, if the survivor gets hit while doing a protection hit, DS deactivates. Or in the case of OTR, if it is a protection hit after the 10 seconds have passed, OTR will not give endurance and the survivor will get downed.

I think 3-5 seconds after being unhooked is more than enough to get away from your mate, if you are still near him you are protecting him. With OTR needs 10 at minimum because if you get hit on the first 10 seconds you were going to get endurance and OTR was going to deactivate anyways.

This way, if the survivor bodyblocks on purpose (uses DS or OTR offensively) they will not work.

• Paternalpark
    Paternalpark Member Posts: 626

Bring Forced Penance if your so upset with bodyblocking. Also people bodyblock cause they have basekit bt and you showed up at hook. Has nothing to do with ds.

• Backmon

But the problem with ds that they can bodyblock and then go away almost free cause how long stun and also use haste perk