Freddy not playable in Lights Out... again

GeneralV
GeneralV Member Posts: 10,569

Now here is something I was really hoping would not happen again. I guess not even five years of seeing the game I loved slowly disappear was enough to teach me what to expect.

So, if you weren't around for the first time Lights Out was available, let me explain the situation: Freddy wasn't playable. Literally the only killer in the game to be excluded from the modifier. And as a Freddy main, it stung, but it was understandable.

I mean, it was the very first modifier. Freddy being adjusted separately would require resources, and those resources could be put elsewhere, such as updates that will be available for longer than a modifier. Or at least that was the explanation I was given:

But this time, Lights Out isn't new. It is the exact same modifier except for one new feature. A modifier whose issue of clashing with Freddy's Dream World was known for months. A modifier that was clearly scheduled to return.

So why wasn't Freddy adjusted for it this time?

The Dream World used to be darker when Freddy first released, ya know. It could be done. Or give it the effect of the old Crescent Moon Bouquet / New Moon Bouquet. Or anything, just don't exclude the character, please.

…Ah, this is too much. I love Freddy Krueger to death and I'll never give up on him, but the hits just keep on coming. A character that was perfect on release, got changed far too soon after a nerf that even Cote himself regretted, and since October of 2017 can't seem to catch a break.

Never be said that it is easy to be a Freddy main in DBD.

Comments