The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

dbd. how about making tunneling impossible.

abyssplayz
abyssplayz Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 30
edited September 13 in Feedback and Suggestions

kill otr and decisive. have a timer. make it so the surv cant interact with gens, pallets, or the killer. so they cant go down lets say 20 seconds or sum after being hooked but they cant fly thru gens at the speed of light at the same time. so then healing is pretty guaranteed after a hook and the killer has time to apply pressure if they can. the idea didn't even exist until i started typing bro it's that easy

i played a solo queue match. didn't go down once and had more chase time than any of them. he couldnt get me so he immediately tunneled someone out (who dc'd which obviously will happen). did the same to the next person and then when the last person besides me was hooked. instead of ending it on hook and giving me a chance for hatch they let the timer from first hook go to second then to third. tf do i do. i can loop him all game but bc i get teammates that can't last 15 seconds taking two hit stages i lose every game and get him tbagging me on the hook. honestly this game is bad. the only time i don't get tunneled is when someone else is or they're just bored and letting everyone go. u realize a good swf has eyes and ears on the killer almost the entire game. how exactly does solo queue ever compare to that bro

Post edited by abyssplayz on

Comments

• abyssplayz

dont be sorry lmao it's a game but i see it almost every game and typically i have to do the same bc i just get gen rushed. i feel like my idea is lowkey genius but idk it essentially takes that person out of the temporally besides healing. my problem tho is having low mmr on survivor even tho i'm extremely good and killers like pinhead and dracs and tbh i've tunneled someone out in less than probly 3 or 4 mins as huntress but also if u body block a healthy survivor after u get off hook like thats arrogant to not expect being tunneled its annoying and strategical. if they couldnt be downed but couldnt touch gens and could only be healed or can heal for a small duration that would be extremely healthy. then i'm pushed to pursue someone else and not with the pressure of them destroying a gen for an average chase time and they cant just heal or someone can heal them bc if not they just waste their own time. gives for a slower paste game which is how u play with ur mind. look at chess

• abyssplayz

they wouldnt be able to that's what i'm saying. they couldn't body block they couldnt do gens or cleanse or anything. just a heavy incentive to heal and by the time theyre done then it's still a pretty fair game one or two people on a gens and someone healing getting healed. gens still being done, time for a fun chase can still take place, and the person didnt immediately die 2 minutes into a (usually) 10 or 15 min game. ik my idea could work u just need to visualize it

• abyssplayz
    edited September 13

they can literally just change the capacity of the individual characters exactly how gta does. noone has that problem with people going passive mode. and sometimes the killer specifically targets a person not just because their easier. with lowered capacity so u can see thru them but still know they are there it would work perfectly.

Post edited by Rizzo on
  • k3ijus
    k3ijus Member Posts: 242

The only problem with this suggestion though is the fact that even with 20 seconds, killers with intent to tunnel will just bypass this by waiting out 20 seconds, and the inverse of this statement by increasing the time until a survivor could be hooked again would eventually make this mechanic more probelmatic because of situations where survivors dont have the means to heal themselves, so theyd be inevitably doing nothing while waiting out the timer

Such is DbD

• GonnaBlameTheMovies
    GonnaBlameTheMovies Member Posts: 675

I really think it's just time to accept that a certain amount of tunnelling, camping, and slugging as well as genrush and blinding/stunning is part of the inherent design of the game. They will NEVER be rid of it all because that would mean they are rid of the game.

• Valimure
    Valimure Member Posts: 83

Give killers basekit Pop and Deadlock as well and these changes should be fine!

• abyssplayz

with 3 teammates there would be no reason to wait it's more of an incentive to heal nd if he waits it out then just pull the cloaked wraith method with a pallet. then they have to listen to gens fly waiting

• abyssplayz
    edited September 14

lmao they'd lose their entire survivor base maybe like 10% on gens and and 15 seconds on deadlock as basekit that would feel good