Please note: Although we may stop by occasionally, this is not a developer Q&A.
The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What does EAC Error Code 3 mean? Is my account compromised?

Hello

I recently got an ingame message that prevents me from playing that says "You have been kicked from the server because of a failure to validate your account through easy anti-cheat (error code 3)"

I am not sure what this means but whenever I go to look this up online, I see things about people being hardware banned specifically for cheating

Now, I have never cheated in a game in my life at all, and this includes me not cheating on DbD

The only thing I can think about in regards to EAC thinking I cheated was that I often stream myself playing Dead by Daylight on Discord. But in that case, all I am doing is sharing my screen and thus it has no effect on gameplay.

Another thing I could recall is a couple salty survivors falsely accusing me of cheating. But this isn't related to EAC, and I am fairly certain BHVR has measures in place to protect players from false accusations and mass flagging

The most recent thing I did right before I got this error message was playing chucky in the lights out gamemode, and I did recently buy chucky today.

I hope my account isn't compromised. I spent a lot of money on this game, and I've played on and off since before the stranger things chapter released.

I am freaking out and panicking a little tbh

Answers

• CaptainRelyk
    CaptainRelyk Member Posts: 6

Only other thing I could possibly think of is that I taped a crosshair to my monitor for playing trickster or huntress… but EAC wouldnt be able to detect that since it isnt digital and also a crosshair being taped to my monitor doesn't break the rules or conduct

• CaptainRelyk
    CaptainRelyk Member Posts: 6

UPDATE: turns out I just needed to restart my game and the issue was resolved