The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Suggestion for new Memento Mori points

Belzher
Belzher Member Posts: 461
edited September 17 in 8.3.0 PTB Feedback

People are afraid of this being the perfect excuse for the new offerings to incentivize slugging of the third survivor even more, so here's my suggestion:

• Instead of granting points for using the mori on the last player, grant more points for HOOKING each survivor for the first time, this way you incentive killers to hook more to get more points just like old Barbecue & Chilli or even No Way Out token system. If the rarest gives 30k now, just divide by 4, so it's 7500 extras points each time a survivor is hooked for the first time.

Comments

• GonnaBlameTheMovies
    GonnaBlameTheMovies Member Posts: 678

Still not good enough to justify changing Memento Moris.

The only changes Moris should have is basekit Cypress and it being a points event. They need zero further changes.

• OrangeBear
    OrangeBear Member Posts: 2,618

This has nothing to do with actually killing survivors though (hooking is sacrifice)

• Skillfulstone
    Skillfulstone Member Posts: 678

It's not just that. The idea of Finisher Mori as a whole is simply unhealthy.

By hiding the Mori animation behind a 4k, it automatically incentivizes people to slug for the 4k...and we all know how fun and riveting it is.

Not to mention it also indirectly encourages proxy-camping/tunnelling, reduce Killer variety and perk variety in order to get that juicy animation (which I guarantee will get old really quick and will be met with more scorn than a normal 4k, it would be a matter of time before Mori animations are seen as a form of BM like "let me rub my victory in your face a bit longer with this cutscene") since when Survivors start to get better, weaker/slower/M1 Killers tend to struggle more and need to play more aggressively to compete.

Hiding Mori behind 4k is, in my opinion, only going to make people hate those animations and will make the game even less casual/newcomer-friendly than it already is.

There's a reason why the dreadful basekit Unbreakable was attempted alongside the previous Finisher Mori PTB: otherwise every single games would just end in a slugfest. Hell, during that PTB there were more bleedout games than normal even though people could get up because Killers wanted that animation after tunnelling the first 2 Survivors.

However, I have a possible idea to keep Finisher Mori BUT make it healthier;

What if you can Mori the last Survivor by your hand without needing a perk/offering BUT can only do so if said Survivor was downed AFTER hatch spawned (which means either a 3k was already achieved or everybody else got out). A Mori made in this fashion would offer a massive BP boost (further enhanced by Mori offerings which would keep their old effect alongside giving an incrementally higher BP bonus depending on rarity).

This would incentivize people to NOT slug for the 4k and play the match in it's entirety. This wouldn't affect those that already slugged for the 4k but would reward those that don't and take a gamble to win the Hatch race. This is perfect.

• Belzher
    Belzher Member Posts: 461

Yeah I know, but we know bhvr is stubborn, they'll probably just change no matter how we complain, it happened with UI changes too ):