The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Useless mori offerings

DeadbyDiggly
DeadbyDiggly Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1

Okay so, why should I ever bring any mori offering when survivor pudding and bloody party streamers exists? They give more BP as killer (come on, who doesn't get 30k a match) and also do not require you to win the game either.
Survivors body you or they find hatch? GG, enjoy your wasted offering.
It is incredibly weird to have a bp offering that shows up less often in bloodwebs, cost more, give less and not even be a garunteed bp bonus. I really wanna know the thought process here.
They were fine as is, please do not go through with this change. I don't want to have literal thousands of wasted offerings.

Comments

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,120

I honestly had reasonable hope with this change but, after trying it out, it's a very flat and disappointing change. I ranted a bit more in another thread, but they should either leave the Mori as it already is, or keep the final last-survivor-in-trial Mori, and change the existing Offerings to allow an extra 1/2/3 Moris in a trial, depending on whether it is Cypress, Ebony or Ivory.

• Skillfulstone
    Skillfulstone Member Posts: 678

It's not just that. The idea of Finisher Mori as a whole is simply unhealthy.

By hiding the Mori animation behind a 4k, it automatically incentivizes people to slug for the 4k...and we all know how fun and riveting it is.

Not to mention it also indirectly encourages proxy-camping/tunnelling, reduce Killer variety and perk variety in order to get that juicy animation (which I guarantee will get old really quick and will be met with more scorn than a normal 4k, it would be a matter of time before Mori animations are seen as a form of BM like "let me rub my victory in your face a bit longer with this cutscene") since when Survivors start to get better, weaker/slower/M1 Killers tend to struggle more and need to play more aggressively to compete.

Hiding Mori behind 4k is, in my opinion, only going to make people hate those animations and will make the game even less casual/newcomer-friendly than it already is.

There's a reason why the dreadful basekit Unbreakable was attempted alongside the Finisher Mori PTB: otherwise every single games would just end in a slugfest. Hell, during that PTB there were more bleedout games than normal even though people could get up because Killers wanted that animation after tunnelling the first 2 Survivors.

However, I have a possible idea to keep Finisher Mori BUT make it healthier;

What if you can Mori the last Survivor by your hand without needing a perk/offering BUT can only do so if said Survivor was downed AFTER hatch spawned (which means either a 3k was already achieved or everybody else got out). A Mori made in this fashion would offer a massive BP boost (further enhanced by Mori offerings which would keep their old effect alongside giving an incrementally higher BP bonus depending on rarity).

This would incentivize people to NOT slug for the 4k and play the match in it's entirety. This wouldn't affect those that already slugged for the 4k but would reward those that don't and take a gamble on a Hatch race. This is perfect.

• GonnaBlameTheMovies
    GonnaBlameTheMovies Member Posts: 678

This was mine and everyone else's absolute worst fear about the Mori changes, come true.

This cannot go live, this should not go live, it eliminates fun from the game and makes Moris for sweating only. Why on earth did this even need a change?

If BHVR has even a lick of sense they will at the very least revert green and iri Moris to allow multiple Moris again. There's no need to gut ALL Moris to go all in on the finisher Mori, why clutter the bloodweb with more useless items?

• melissayeti
    melissayeti Member Posts: 11

Keep the ability to mori any 1 survivor, or all survivors, but give us the "better experience" with cleaning up the area. Please don't leave it to the final survivor only

• GonnaBlameTheMovies
    GonnaBlameTheMovies Member Posts: 678

Nobody wants this version of a Memento Mori. The amount of value you get is less than a friggin' Survivor Pudding, one of the more useless offerings in the game. It promotes slugging for the 4k. It buffs slugging and nerfs a fun aspect of the game most people on both sides enjoy and love. It removes tactics from the game. Please please please just make Cypress basekit, retire it, and then add BPs to green and Iri Moris alongside letting them mori multiple people per round. Don't make all Moris ONLY give BP, let us Mori as many people as we want. It would be a massive crying shame to waste all the effort the devs have worked on for the Mori animations this way, turning Moris into yet another sweat mechanic.

I will keep boosting the posts about the Moris this way until the Devs get it through their heads NOT to do ANYTHING to green and iri Moris.