The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Bloodpoint Bonuses on Moris are Going to Encourage Slugging for the 4k for Bloodpoint Bounties

The chance of losing the last Survivor to hatch after someone brought a mori with the new changes is going to greatly incentivize slugging the 3rd survivor on the ground to find the fourth one.

Every match is going to turn into one of those Evil Incarnate achievement-hunting matches that go on forever just so the Shape can Kill all four Survivors and get the achievement.

Yes, slugging does happen on live servers now, on Live Servers it's usually just to be able to say you won a match. Not every player does this.

But once Bloodpoint Bonuses are being awarded, Killers who weren't slugging before suddenly have a HUGE incentive to start slugging! There's bloodpoints on the line! We can't let the last survivor escape through the hatch or we'll miss out on bloodpoints! So suddenly, Killers are going to start slugging survivors to ensure they can catch all four to get that award.

Moris should not offer bloodpoint bonuses for killing the last survivor, and instead function exactly as they do now on live servers.

Do away with the yellow-tier mori offerings if you need to, and please don't remove the ability to kill Survivors mid-trial with Moris. This is an incredibly beloved feature of the game where players come together to celebrate the Moris; keep the finisher mori, but also enable the Mori offerings to Kill additional survivors (with NO bloodpoint incentive!)

Comments

• Skillfulstone
    Skillfulstone Member Posts: 678

The idea of Finisher Mori as a whole is simply unhealthy.

By hiding the Mori animation behind a 4k, it automatically incentivizes people to slug for the 4k...and we all know how fun and riveting it is.

Not to mention it also indirectly encourages proxy-camping/tunnelling, reduce Killer variety and perk variety in order to get that juicy animation (which I guarantee will get old really quick and will be met with more scorn than a normal 4k, it would be a matter of time before Mori animations are seen as a form of BM like "let me rub my victory in your face a bit longer with this cutscene") since when Survivors start to get better, weaker/slower/M1 Killers tend to struggle more and need to play more aggressively to compete.

Hiding Mori behind 4k is, in my opinion, only going to make people hate those animations and will make the game even less casual/newcomer-friendly than it already is.

There's a reason why the dreadful basekit Unbreakable was attempted alongside the Finisher Mori PTB: otherwise every single games would just end in a slugfest. Hell, during that PTB there were more bleedout games than normal even though people could get up because Killers wanted that animation after tunnelling the first 2 Survivors.

However, I have a possible idea to keep Finisher Mori BUT make it healthier;

What if you can Mori the last Survivor by your hand without needing a perk/offering BUT can only do so if said Survivor was downed AFTER hatch spawned (which means either a 3k was already achieved or everybody else got out). A Mori made in this fashion would offer a massive BP boost (further enhanced by Mori offerings which would keep their old effect alongside giving an incrementally higher BP bonus depending on rarity).

This would incentivize people to NOT slug for the 4k and play the match in it's entirety. This wouldn't affect those that already slugged for the 4k but would reward those that don't and take a gamble on a Hatch race. This is perfect.

• GonnaBlameTheMovies
    GonnaBlameTheMovies Member Posts: 678

Nobody. Wants.This. Change, BHVR.

Just keep the few good parts - BP for Moris and Cypress basekit - and leave Green and Iri alone. Otherwise one of two things will happen:

1. People like me will just not use the offerings at all and you will almost never see Moris again.
    2. Others can and will slug for 4ks more to get use out of the offering and everyone will hate it.