The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Please do not "rework" the Ivory and Ebony Memento Mori offerings

The ability to mori survivors midway through a match, especially without using perks and addon slots, is an interesting mechanic that adds to DBD's atmosphere and makes the game feel a little more like a horror. The removal of this mechanic would take something unique and fun out of the game that I myself, and I'm sure many others judging by the responses here and on other social medias, would definitely miss.

Additionally, it'd actually make it harder to see mori animations when I want to- for example, If I want to use the Were-Elk skin to see its mori, I can bring an Ebony Memento Mori and potentially see the unique animation up to 4 times in the one match. This rework to the system would allow me to potentially see a mori without bringing an offering or perk, which is good, but if I wanted to bring a mori it would no longer allow me to see multiple moris in a match. This works out to make it a downgrade from the current system, as I would need to bring one of two high-risk builds in order to even have a chance at seeing a mori multiple times in a match, which also takes up perk slots and limits my build options.

Although the current PTB iteration of the "finisher mori" is good in concept, the removal of functionality from Ivory and Ebony Memento Mori offerings is a net loss and removes options from the player. If these offerings are to get bonus bloodpoints attached, I believe it should not replace the original effect of allowing a killer to mori survivors midmatch, but added to it instead, which would make mori offerings more desirable choices and retain the ability to mori multiple survivors without a dedicated build.

I would be sorry to see such an iconic piece of DBD history as the Memento Mori be relegated to a bloodpoint offering that is outclassed by several of lower rarity, and hope that this change is reconsidered.

Comments

• Tits
    Tits Member Posts: 203

When loading into the match and people see the last offering doesnt turn, it spices things up and makes everyone go "oh crap he brought a mori". Now itl just be "hopefully im not last."

• GonnaBlameTheMovies
    GonnaBlameTheMovies Member Posts: 678

I just want the high stakes of going "Oh the Killer brought a Mori, everyone gear up and push hard!"

And I just want my Survivor friends to get in on the photo when I stab someone.

Don't take this away from us, BHVR. Leave green and iri Moris ALONE.

• GonnaBlameTheMovies
    GonnaBlameTheMovies Member Posts: 678

Once more boosting so the Devs can't ignore us.

Answer us, Devs. When will you confirm this awful gutting of green and iri moris reverted? When will you confirm you are only keeping Cypress basekit and the system as a whole? We demand you don't do this.