The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

A third add-on slot concept

dbd900bach
dbd900bach Member Posts: 671
edited September 18 in Feedback and Suggestions

This is probably radical and most likely a useless concept when applied to most killers, but I think it could lead to interesting anf fun results.

The concept would be to optionally sacrifice a perk slot in exchange for equipping a third add-on.

Post edited by EQWashu on

Comments

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,077

i would use this every game. Like imagine Spirit being able to use MDR+Dried blossom and than using recovery add-on. Killer perk don't do anything these days anyway but an extra add-on slot can be strong if killer has strong add-on. Clown can run Cigar box+Cheap gin bottle but then also run Purple duration speed add-on. Oni can run speed+blood orb spawn but also power duration. On many killers, i'd easily trade add-on slot for perk slots.

• ChaosWam
    ChaosWam Member Posts: 1,753

It's an interesting idea for sure. I'd like to mess around with it.

• ReverseVelocity
    ReverseVelocity Member Posts: 4,183

Would probably end up being problematic, even at the cost of a perk slot.

Addons are generally balanced with the two-per-game condition in mind, and that kind of breaks that philosophy entirely. It would be cool to see though, but I doubt it'd be remotely balanced.

• Devil_hit11
    Devil_hit11 Member Posts: 8,077

maybe it could be a hex perk. the perk allows you to select a 3rd add-on but when hex is cleansed, the add-on is disabled. it will be really funny watching michael myer's J.Myer's Memorial+Purple tombstone with their 3rd add-on being Memorial flower. so double stalking add-on's with mori or infinity EV3.

I feel like BVHR unlikely to do something like that because difficult of coding it, needing to make UI for it, etc.