The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Feedback on New Zanshin Perk - New design is worse

It is my opinion that the old design was healthier for the game because this perk was unique in its uses and also helps players familiarize themselves with new maps.

As many others have pointed out, PrePTB Zanshin Tactics is a perk that has niche uses that are not immediately obvious to most players. It has an effect that is completely unique, allowing killers to see what resources are left on the map, and allowing them to zone survivors towards areas with less resources. In my personal experience, the way I play Artist revolves almost entirely around the PrePTB Zanshin Tactics because I aim Dire Crows at locations, not at survivors. Being able to line up a shot through a wall at a pallet or window is critical to allowing me to make the shot as a survivor enters the trapped window or pallet.

I have heard other people say that PrePTB Zanshin also has great uses on Clown (see the famous 1000 page guide), also on Doctor, Chucky, Legion, and Wesker. It's not a meta perk for sure but being able to see window and pallet locations is unique and is an effect that should stay in the game.

As for the new effect, it seems strong on killers such as the Nurse (if survivors are dropping pallets), Pyramid Head, Lich, and possibly Artist still. But in my opinion the design space for this perk lines up too much with "I'm All Ears". Losing the variety in perks is unfortunate and I hope you consider keeping Zanshin Tactics the way it is on live servers.