The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Overall thoughts (Skull Merchant mainly, and Mori system)

adaw0ng
adaw0ng Member Posts: 688
edited September 18 in 8.3.0 PTB Feedback

Skull Merchant changes are honestly laughable for how ridiculous it feels that actually the balance team think that the product they're putting out there is going to solve any problem about the killer. Band-aiding the situation of her this way feels really cheesy and doesn't give much hope for other killers that might share her same fate sooner or later. Instead, the future rework should be AT LEAST teased or shared information about. Why would anybody invest in Skull Merchant at the moment? Nobody should buy a character nor cosmetics nor spend points that got intentionally gutted and has a rework planned on her that we know NOTHING about. I feel bad for players who actually put passion into this killer because it feels like they're not cared for (not even during the Discord ted-talk segment it was clearly said when would she come out since one person said 1st half and then 2nd half by the other person.)

It feels like the dev/balance team is throwing away the playerbase that this killer has built and doens't claim what they have actually created with the killer they have designed, and have to hope that MAYBE in 1 year (most likely longer, just like most reworks have taken: example given is Twins) the rework clicks well and can stay and won't get reverted or something (like Twins again.) Awful decision and execution with the changes, overnerf just (in my opinion) to try to erase what they have created and now the players are left in limbo about the character they got to enjoy. Only the haste being removed (or making it an addon. please, be more playful with her addons and work on tweaking those. most are awfully boring and too safe in choice of design) made actually sense, the rest is overkill for no reason. She is legit the weakest 115 speed killer in chase with the PTB changes on.

On the other hand, what I wanted to give my feedback on is the Mori System. It's well thought out I think and it's interesting, BUT I think that the new purpose of the offerings is very bad and very low in value. The bloodpoint number is too low, especially for the Iri one (gets outnumbered by a yellow offering aka Survivor Pudding). The numbers I would give would be 100,000 (iri), 75,000 (green), 50,000 (yellow) and then they would be really worth it to use.

Also, to end up… Corrective Action is ridiculous and literally allows AFK generators when paired with Hyperfocus, especially when more than one person has those two perks. What I would make the perk be is the current state BUT just make it global like Open Handed or now Quick Gambit (well changed in my opinion, props to that!) This version I suggest would make it the perfect choice for when you want to do an anti hard skill check build and actually help your team without such limitations that the current version has, and not make it broken in combos like the PTB version can cause.

Overall I would say that's my feedback in what I tested mainly.