We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Survivor Appreciation

Survivors don’t get the credit they deserve.

I was playing as Hillbilly on Garden of Joy which happens to be my favorite map. I’m going in with the mindset of 8 hooking then slugging after so everyone makes it out. Lol! How arrogant. This Felix in the match quickly humbled me. I couldn’t land a chainsaw hit no matter what. He was so incredible at juking.

When I FINALLY downed him I didn’t have the heart to hook. The chasing was so fun that I was almost disappointed that I finally adapted to him. I picked him up so he could wiggle free. I hit the loop to attempt at communicating I want to keep playing chase. He understood and was game to entertain my request.

The other Survivors swarmed me because some of them wanted to be chased too so I did. But the Felix kept helping me train my chainsaw skills the whole match. At the end he and one other Survivor refused to leave the exit gate and let the egc kill them.

The story makes obvious my point. Survivors are one of if not THE best thing this game has to offer. They’re always such a font of knowledge to learn from. Experienced Survivors let me as a Killer main stretch my Killer wings without worrying about completely dominating or ruining someone’s game. AND Survivors are 99.9999% always down to help with challenges.

Gosh, as a Killer main some of what I’m saying may be sacrilege. But I’m sorry the truth is the truth. Survivors truly, truly, are a core component of this game’s heart and soul. I can go on and on but you get the point.

Survivors are highly under appreciated and don’t get the credit they deserve for keeping the wheels of this game moving.

Comments

• CrossTheSholf
    CrossTheSholf Member Posts: 250

I love these sort of rare games

• CountOfTheFog
    CountOfTheFog Member Posts: 2,244
    edited September 19
    Post edited by CountOfTheFog on
  • n000b51
    n000b51 Member Posts: 690

'Survivors are one of if not THE best thing this game has to offer.'
    Wow !
    Out of Topic but just how can you: 'Hillbilly on Garden of Joy which happens to be my favorite map.' ?
    FOV, tracks & collisions are so horrible…

• GonnaBlameTheMovies
    GonnaBlameTheMovies Member Posts: 682
    edited September 19

You know what I appreciate about Survivors?

How damn cute some y'all are. I genuinely love it when Survs stop, pause, and interact with me. The little on the ground wiggles when downed. Begging for mercy with their item drops. The boops to my lil' Ghostface nose. The petting me as Dracula. The ass-slaps, the little dances, the crouch conga lines, the Mori photobombs, people goofing off with my Pinhead's box and booping the piggy snoot, all of it.

I. Fogging. Love. Cute. Survivors. It works on me most of the time. It actually does work. I will always let you grab a glyph or go easy when you are struggling. Just please let me get a Mori sometimes, I just want the photo. Please get in my photos, that's the whole reason I bring Mori items and perks.

• For_The_People
    For_The_People Member Posts: 537

What a great post!

Killers and Survivors who make this game what it is are amazing. I’ve learned from so many killers who, recognising they’ve utterly outclassed the opposition, will provide looping practice and not just farm. Of course they’re under no obligation to do so but I see it as a wonderfully classy move that someone is clearly better, they can break character for a bit to empathise.

I had a match against a slinger in soloq just earlier who probably could have hooked everyone 20 times each by the time we would have got a Gen done lol but they could recognise there were 1 or 2 babies in the team and didn’t stomp on their fragile hearts. I gave them myself to sacrifice as it shouldnt always be the killer who has to show their goodwill in such situations

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,164

Killers usually don't have enough breathing room or chill time to notice such things. I see a survivor looping me forever, I just assume he's playing the game, not teaching me anything. In 8/10 matches you lose, there's a tbaggers, so with behavior that common you usually can't give the benefit of playing nice. I don't have the heart to spare survivors, because it was broken long ago. No amount of encouragement or good will is gonna bring that initial joy back. That's just me.

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,164

I do like me some well-playing survivors. Looping without Windows, juking without fov techs, misdirection without using Iron Will. It's just rarer than I'd like.

• For_The_People

Daniel I am shocked! I believe this may be the first ever survivor compliment I’ve seen from you lol I like it!

• For_The_People
    edited September 20

Okay we can ignore the post just before that one though! lol

Post edited by For_The_People on
  • IIITweedleIII
    IIITweedleIII Member Posts: 1,007
    edited September 20

That's the thing though, you can't tell til endgame what good natured or toxicity will come out of anyone. Since you already confessed your first intent to slugging, only to be humbled. There's no telling who will be sweaty or muffing around.

There's Just. MOMENTS.

Each Trial.

• hermitkermit
    hermitkermit Member Posts: 374

What a disappointing/sad post 😞 I'm sorry your heart was broken. It's easy to let negative experiences dictate how we interact or make us always assume the worst in others, but I do hope that sometime in the future some survivors will come along that can help with that. Not everyone is trying to be mean. Too bad we're not in the same games! I always throw if the killer doesn't have a kill at endgame and tbags only happen I'd say like 3 out of 10 games for my lobbies. I wish for better games for you.