The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Suggestion for Memento Mori Offerings

Hello,
So when it comes to the finisher kill feature I'm mostly satisfied, but with the changes to Memento Mori offerings I'm not quite as agreeable, primarily because the changes lose one of the things that makes killer kills special is lost, because it's no the fancy animation.

The thing that makes Memento Mori kills interesting to me is the fact that they, unlike sacrifices, leave behind a persistent corpse. This can be shocking, or even chilling to encounter, partly because it's so rare, and it's surprisingly unexpected in a horror game where players die frequently. And while this feature of Memento Moris will continue to exist to some extent in certain perks, I think there is still value in an offering that allows killers to leave behind evidence of their violence.

I also think the current implementation of a Bloodpoint "Bounty" is severely misplaced, because frankly, we do not need more offerings that provide bonus blood points, we already have an Uncommon rarity Survivor Pudding, which at most provides 40,000 bonus Bloodpoints, 10,000 more then the Ultra-Rare rarity Ebony Mori, and will provide Bloodpoints even not all four survivors are killed. I also think that providing monetary compensation on something that isn't always appropriate in terms of general pacing is also a pour choice. It just isn't a good investment for players to take, and it can encourage undesirable behavior out of them.

So what do I suggest instead? Well allow me to go through the Offerings one by one.

Firstly, the Cypress Memento Mori:

Simply retire this one, it is no longer needed, it's functionality has been granted to all killers globally, so this offering is no longer relevant and that's totally acceptable. It can remain in player inventories as a memento. 😉

Second, the Ivory Memento Mori:

Start by lowering it's rarity to Uncommon, taking the place of the retired Cypress and enabling the offering to actually appear in Bloodwebs instead of having to compete with the 21 map selection offerings.
Then, it's function could be described something like this…

• Grants the ability to kill one Survivor who has reached the second Hook State by your hand at the expense of the ability to kill the final survivor during the next trial.

So this would allow killers to have an offering that allows them to subtly adjust the pacing of a trial ever so slightly in their favor, this would even allow the killer to kill the last survivor even if there are other survivors still yet to be sacrificed on hooks, handy for killer players who really want to see their character's kill move, or who want to do it on a particular survivor, such as canonical rivals, or ego related reasons, naturally.

Finally, the Ebony Memento Mori:

Now it's my perception that this is honestly the only Memento Mori offering anyone ever really had any problems with, especially since they may very well be the most common of the three, as strange as that sounds. But I think the only problem with it is just that… Look, it doesn't matter how cool you animation is, seeing it four times back to back is overkill, plain and simple, so I think something like this would be an improvement…

• Grants the ability to kill one Survivor who has reached the second Hook State by your hand in addition to the final survivor during the next trial.

I think this is a solid compromise, allow the pacing of trials to be rather comparable to a standard match, while also allowing the killer to spice things up with one kill during the game and a second to close one out, plus due to the way BloodWebs generate, I think that getting a killer to Prestige 100 would be rewarding to have easy access to this offering, being relatively easy to stock up on them.

I hope that this post can incite change because the PTB's proposal is underwhelming and creates new pitfalls to create in trial pacing, which from my understanding is one of the primary goals of these changes. That in the desire to make Memento Mori offerings more commonly used, which I can assure you, those changes will not accomplish. I believe that my proposal is much more novel and would be a much more concise clean up of the offerings to coordinate with the addition of the kill finisher.

Thank you for you time and consideration, I hope you have a nice day.

Comments

• Jim_Tonic
    Jim_Tonic Member Posts: 521

am i understanding your post correctly? You suggsest that green mori offering makes it so you can only kill 3 survivors total?