We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Competitive mode?

Has bhvr thought about adding a competitive mode?Requires certain conditions to play and strict penalties for dnf and leave original mode for everyone else.

Best Answers

Answers

• PiiFree
    PiiFree Member Posts: 1,154

Would be nice but most SWFs are against such a thing and some players fear that splitting the playerbase would be a bad idea regarding matchmaking / waiting times ect.

Unfortunately, it seems like BHVR has a similar point of view that those in that regard so I highly doubt they'll ever implement such a mode.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@PiiFree said:
    Would be nice but most SWFs are against such a thing and some players fear that splitting the playerbase would be a bad idea regarding matchmaking / waiting times ect.

Unfortunately, it seems like BHVR has a similar point of view that those in that regard so I highly doubt they'll ever implement such a mode.

@se05239 said:
    Keep dreaming, dude. No competitive mode will ever happen because it'd inconvenience survivors relying on SWFs for easy wins.

In the current balance state, such a separation would probably kill the game. First, the game needs to be balanced around voice comms (+ingame voice comms), but unforunately BHVR doesnt have the balls to do that

• TigerKirby215
    TigerKirby215 Member Posts: 604

Current mode needs to be improved so rank actually matters and a casual ("public SWF") mode needs to be added.

• Master

@EntityDispleased said:

@Master said:

@PiiFree said:

@se05239 said:
    Keep dreaming, dude. No competitive mode will ever happen because it'd inconvenience survivors relying on SWFs for easy wins.

In the current balance state, such a separation would probably kill the game. First, the game needs to be balanced around voice comms (+ingame voice comms), but unforunately BHVR doesnt have the balls to do that

I've suggested built in proximity chat on here before but everyone goes insane disagreeing with the idea. It's definitely not as strong as swf voice comms but at least survivors will have no one to blame but themselves for not working as a team. Though some killers like trapper will get hit pretty hard by this.

No proximity chat, we need global teamchat for survivors, otherwise TS/discord will still be superior and thats what the game has to be balanced around

• ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

@Master said:

@EntityDispleased said:

@Master said:

@PiiFree said:

@se05239 said:

I've suggested built in proximity chat on here before but everyone goes insane disagreeing with the idea. It's definitely not as strong as swf voice comms but at least survivors will have no one to blame but themselves for not working as a team. Though some killers like trapper will get hit pretty hard by this.

No proximity chat, we need global teamchat for survivors, otherwise TS/discord will still be superior and thats what the game has to be balanced around

I mean just implementing chat into the game won't fix the balance. There are enough people who don't want to chat while playing survivor solo and get yelled at by some salty kids.

• Master

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@EntityDispleased said:

@Master said:

@PiiFree said:

@se05239 said:

I mean just implementing chat into the game won't fix the balance. There are enough people who don't want to chat while playing survivor solo and get yelled at by some salty kids.

If you dotn want the advantage of chatting, thats fine, but dont deny the possibility for everyone else.
    Fact is that voice comms are part of the game now and the game needs to be balanced aroudn them

• RepliCant
    RepliCant Member Posts: 1,436

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@EntityDispleased said:

@Master said:

@PiiFree said:

@se05239 said:

If you dotn want the advantage of chatting, thats fine, but dont deny the possibility for everyone else.
    Fact is that voice comms are part of the game now and the game needs to be balanced aroudn them

I don't want a game balanced around something the majority of players won't use.

• ad19970

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@EntityDispleased said:

@Master said:

@PiiFree said:

@se05239 said:

I wouldn't mind if voice chat would be implemented. but that wouldn't be enough. If you'd want to then balance all killers around survivors teams that can communicate with each other, that won't work, because it will totally screw over those survivors that don't want to use voice chat ingame.

• PiiFree

@Brady said:
    I don't want a game balanced around something the majority of players won't use.

The majority of the playerbase is already using voice communication even though it's not even implemented in the game.

• ad19970

@PiiFree said:

@Brady said:

The majority of the playerbase is already using voice communication even though it's not even implemented in the game.

They are using it to play with their friends. Solo players will have to play and communicate with strangers then, and many don't want to, understandably.

• Master

@Brady said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@EntityDispleased said:

@Master said:

@PiiFree said:

@se05239 said:

The majority of players already plays SWF, just fyi

• ad19970

@Master said:

@Brady said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@EntityDispleased said:

@Master said:

@PiiFree said:

@se05239 said:

yeah but they play with friends, not with strangers. I wouldn't want to chat with strangers.

• PiiFree

@ad19970 said:
    yeah but they play with friends, not with strangers. I wouldn't want to chat with strangers.

That's up to them. If they want to put themselves at a disadvantage in order to avoid communication, that's their decision. The base game should still be balanced around the majority and the majority uses voice communication.

It's like that in every team-based multiplayer; if you refuse to communicate, you'll be at a disadvantage.

• Master
    edited January 2019

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@Brady said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@EntityDispleased said:

@Master said:

@PiiFree said:

@se05239 said:

You just said "I don't want a game balanced around something the majority of players won't use."
    But fact ist that most of the players are using voice comms already, having an advantage over killers.

Yet, as far as I understood you, you want to keep the game balanced around solo play because you are a bit "socially awkward" even though you are the minority

Oh and btw, ofc there will be a mute button. You wont be forced talkign to strangers

• ad19970

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@Brady said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@EntityDispleased said:

@Master said:

@PiiFree said:

@se05239 said:

You just said "I don't want a game balanced around something the majority of players won't use."
    But fact ist that most of the players are using voice comms already, having an advantage over killers.

Yet, as far as I understood you, you want to keep the game balanced around solo play because you are a bit "socially awkward" even though you are the minority

Oh and btw, ofc there will be a mute button. You wont be forced talkign to strangers

I'm saying that there are enough people who don't want to communicate with strangers, simple as that. If your solution is to add voice comm to the game, and then buff most killers to the level of swf survivors, then watch all the solo survivor players leave this game because they don't want to chat with some salty strangers, yet if they don't use voice comms, will have a serious pr disadvantage and also put the rest of their team into a disadvantage. That's not going to work.
    I wouldn't mind if voice chat was added to the game, but the game's biggest balance gaps between solo and swf survivors need to be adressed with ingame built in abilities for survivors that help solo survivors but not swf survivors. Aura reading abilities like kindred Tier 3 come to mind.

• Master

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@Brady said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@EntityDispleased said:

@Master said:

@PiiFree said:

@se05239 said:

I'm saying that there are enough people who don't want to communicate with strangers, simple as that. If your solution is to add voice comm to the game, and then buff most killers to the level of swf survivors, then watch all the solo survivor players leave this game because they don't want to chat with some salty strangers, yet if they don't use voice comms, will have a serious pr disadvantage and also put the rest of their team into a disadvantage. That's not going to work.
    I wouldn't mind if voice chat was added to the game, but the game's biggest balance gaps between solo and swf survivors need to be adressed with ingame built in abilities for survivors that help solo survivors but not swf survivors. Aura reading abilities like kindred Tier 3 come to mind.

But its ok for killers to verse SWF while the game is being balanced around no voice comms. Guess they will have to suck it up eh?

• ad19970

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@Brady said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@EntityDispleased said:

@Master said:

@PiiFree said:

@se05239 said:

But its ok for killers to verse SWF while the game is being balanced around no voice comms. Guess they will have to suck it up eh?

Uhmm, I said they need to close the gap between swf and solo with aura reading abilities and other ingame abilities for survivors, and then killers can be balanced around swf more appropriately. Or did you just skip that part? And it really isn't that bad honestly.

• Master

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@Brady said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@EntityDispleased said:

@Master said:

@PiiFree said:

@se05239 said:

Uhmm, I said they need to close the gap between swf and solo with aura reading abilities and other ingame abilities for survivors, and then killers can be balanced around swf more appropriately. Or did you just skip that part? And it really isn't that bad honestly.

Voice comm provide a much greater advantage than you think, what are the devs supposed to do? Light up all survivor auras permanently? And even then, communication is still stronger

• ad19970

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@Brady said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@EntityDispleased said:

@Master said:

@PiiFree said:

@se05239 said:

Voice comm provide a much greater advantage than you think, what are the devs supposed to do? Light up all survivor auras permanently? And even then, communication is still stronger

It still better than forcing all solo survivors to use voice comms. I'm sure of that.

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    edited January 2019

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@Brady said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@EntityDispleased said:

@Master said:

@PiiFree said:

@se05239 said:

It still better than forcing all solo survivors to use voice comms. I'm sure of that.

Honestly it wouldn't make much of a difference if they added ingame chat. SWF teams will still use Discord and probably just ignore those not in their chat.

Even just adding voice chat, I'm not sure how they could balance for it. Anything that could potentially "mute" the survivors on the Killer end would still be nullified by Discord.

Also, closing the gap between Solo and SWF survivors only further buffs SWF, cause if you buff the individuals, the team itself also becomes stronger, making it that much more difficult to balance.

Nothing short of entirely reworking all of the systems will be able to fix the problems. Which is why I was sad to hear they still have a 5 year plan for this game. I can't imagine another 5 years of Killers being underpowered af.

• Master

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@Brady said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@EntityDispleased said:

@Master said:

@PiiFree said:

@se05239 said:

Nobod will force you to use the voice comms, I already said this. Of course you will be able to mute if you dont like talking to other people

• ad19970

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@Brady said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@EntityDispleased said:

@Master said:

@PiiFree said:

@se05239 said:

Nobod will force you to use the voice comms, I already said this. Of course you will be able to mute if you dont like talking to other people

Yes, but my point is if the devs were to balance killers around swf survivors, those solo survivors that wouldn't want to use voice chat would be quite screwed.

• Master

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@Brady said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@EntityDispleased said:

@Master said:

@PiiFree said:

@se05239 said:

Yes, but my point is if the devs were to balance killers around swf survivors, those solo survivors that wouldn't want to use voice chat would be quite screwed.

So just to summarize, am I understanding this correclty.

Voice comms are already used in a large majority of games due to SWF.
    Now you say that implementing voice comms would screw over solo survivor (being a minority) that dont want to use voice comms.

So the killer has to deal with the unbalance of voice comms just that a minority of the minority of survivors gets their way?

Nah your right, better screw over the killers :wink:

• ad19970

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@Brady said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@EntityDispleased said:

@Master said:

@PiiFree said:

@se05239 said:

Now you say that implementing voice comms would screw over solo survivor (being a minority) that dont want to use voice comms.

So the killer has to deal with the unbalance of voice comms just that a minority of the minority of survivors gets their way?

Dear lord. There are enough solo survivors that wouldn't want to play with voice comms. I don't think it's fair to add voice comms, then buff most of the killers and just screw over the solo survivors who don't want to use voice comm. Killer don't have it that bad against swf groups, just the very weak ones if anything.
    Also, I have repeatedly said that we need to close the gap between solo and swf in a different way, by giving survivors ingame abilities to their base kit that swf survivors have via voice comm. Are you skipping that part everytime? Sure you couldn't close the balance gap totally that way, but at least make it much smaller.
    And then, if they've done enough, they can add voice comms in as well.

• Master

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@Brady said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@EntityDispleased said:

@Master said:

@PiiFree said:

@se05239 said:

Dear lord. There are enough solo survivors that wouldn't want to play with voice comms. I don't think it's fair to add voice comms, then buff most of the killers and just screw over the solo survivors who don't want to use voice comm. Killer don't have it that bad against swf groups, just the very weak ones if anything.
    Also, I have repeatedly said that we need to close the gap between solo and swf in a different way, by giving survivors ingame abilities to their base kit that swf survivors have via voice comm. Are you skipping that part everytime? Sure you couldn't close the balance gap totally that way, but at least make it much smaller.

So its ok if the killer has to struggle with the unbalance of SWF, but dear lord. God prevent that the survivors might feel such a disadvantage if they dont want to participate in communication. How about you take your own advice and git gud in this scenario?

The gap between swf and solo can only be closed via ingame voice comms, there is no way around that.
    Even if you would light on all survivor auras such taht they can see each other at any time, it would still not compensate for voice comms which enable the team to do a lot more beyond that.

• Cymer
    Cymer Member Posts: 946
    Brady said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@EntityDispleased said:

@Master said:

@PiiFree said:

@se05239 said:

To the data BHVR provides around 70% of the matches contains swf in any shape or form in them. So the majority of the players on survivor side are participating in swf and probably voice com. So I am sorry, if you want to play solo you are a minority not the majority.
  • ad19970

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@Brady said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@EntityDispleased said:

@Master said:

@PiiFree said:

@se05239 said:

So its ok if the killer has to struggle with the unbalance of SWF, but dear lord. God prevent that the survivors might feel such a disadvantage if they dont want to participate in communication. How about you take your own advice and git gud in this scenario?

The gap between swf and solo can only be closed via ingame voice comms, there is no way around that.
    Even if you would light on all survivor auras such taht they can see each other at any time, it would still not compensate for voice comms which enable the team to do a lot more beyond that.

So your suggestion is that it's time for solo survivors to struggle with the game's inbalance, no I'm sorry but that's not how a game is supposed to be balanced. I'll agree that gen rush in particular can be a problem in the game and is something the devs will hopefully address soon, but if you think the devs will add voice comms and then buff all killers to the level of swf survivors, then I'm sorry but I highly doubt that BHVR will do that.

• Master

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@Brady said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@EntityDispleased said:

@Master said:

@PiiFree said:

@se05239 said:

So your suggestion is that it's time for solo survivors to struggle with the game's inbalance, no I'm sorry but that's not how a game is supposed to be balanced. I'll agree that gen rush in particular can be a problem in the game and is something the devs will hopefully address soon, but if you think the devs will add voice comms and then buff all killers to the level of swf survivors, then I'm sorry but I highly doubt that BHVR will do that.

No thats not what I said.
    Solo survivors that refuse to use ingame voice comms, those are the ones that can struggle.
    It cant be real that killers have to deal with a disadvantage in every game and have no possibility to do sth about that just because guys like you dont like the idea of talkign to strangers.

Its the same as in overwatch csgo or similar games, if you refuse talking with your team, then you will never be able to get into the highest ranks. Thats ok, not everybody is playing competitively but dont ruin the experience of everyone else

• ad19970

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@Brady said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@EntityDispleased said:

@Master said:

@PiiFree said:

@se05239 said:

Solo survivors that refuse to use ingame voice comms, those are the ones that can struggle.
    It cant be real that killers have to deal with a disadvantage in every game and have no possibility to do sth about that just because guys like you dont like the idea of talkign to strangers.

Its the same as in overwatch csgo or similar games, if you refuse talking with your team, then you will never be able to get into the highest ranks. Thats ok, not everybody is playing competitively but dont ruin the experience of everyone else

I still think it would be a too large part of the community affected by this. It just doesn't fit into the game to be forced to use voice comms in order to play competitively. Especially since voice comms only affects one side, the survivor side, unlike in Overwatch or CSGO. I fear longer killer queue times if the game is balanced in that direction.

• Master

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@Brady said:

@Master said:

@ad19970 said:

@Master said:

@EntityDispleased said:

@Master said:

@PiiFree said:

@se05239 said:

I still think it would be a too large part of the community affected by this. It just doesn't fit into the game to be forced to use voice comms in order to play competitively. Especially since voice comms only affects one side, the survivor side, unlike in Overwatch or CSGO. I fear longer killer queue times if the game is balanced in that direction.

How has that anything to do with voice comms being only on one side?
    Fearing long killer queues, aha