We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

No Mither hiding scratch marks

HerInfernalMajesty
HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 1,668
edited September 25 in General Discussions

What do you think? Too OP? No right?

Comments

• MechWarrior3
    MechWarrior3 Member Posts: 2,234
  • HerInfernalMajesty
    HerInfernalMajesty Member Posts: 1,668

Then maybe as a new perk idea. There’s just so much that can be done with being permanently broken.

• humanbeing1704
    humanbeing1704 Member Posts: 8,973

it would be nice if no mither rewarded extra bloodpoints since it’s basically hardcore dbd

• Royval
    Royval Member Posts: 634

that would be annoying in the right hands especially against really good chain loopers.

• I just don’t like the perk

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,228

A fair trade, considering you're an almost guaranteed 1 hit down (barring perks). However, I could see it being used by people to hide all trial. Not often, mind - just often enough to cause frustration. Stick this with Iron Will and Calm Spirit, and they could be practically invisible!

• 100PercentBPMain
    100PercentBPMain Member Posts: 883

This would be appreciated so I wouldn't need to use Fixated anymore. I swear, a bunch of my builds are held back by the lack of a 5th perk slot...

• JPLongstreet
    JPLongstreet Member Posts: 5,802

I'd be more in favor of it not immediately showing the Broken status in the HUD, just to mitigate the tunneling issue mentioned above.

• Paternalpark
    Paternalpark Member Posts: 663

No mither, up the ante and slippery meat with unbreakable is fun. Use a luck offering.

No slugging, no sitting on hook until daylight.

• Langweilg
    Langweilg Member Posts: 1,021

No mother could use some buffs, so why not

• GeneralV
    GeneralV Member Posts: 10,793
  • devoutartist
    devoutartist Member Posts: 123

heh i don't really agree with this anymore it might have ben true back then but the game overtime has become harder in general i wished that no mither would have some uses as a trade off just like weaving spider has a tradeoff with a powerful effect

like ill give a example if deadhard did get changed for example as can only be triggered when broken still cause the exhaustion dosent need to be unhooked you could have some cool gameplay that still fit the hardmode that would'nt be abusable maybe outside ftp and it would have trade off with no mither and would fit the theme better but heh that's just me

• GeneralV

I disagree, to be honest. I think the perk still exists for the same reason, hard mode, and therefore it should be a bad perk.

• Nazzzak
    Nazzzak Member Posts: 5,503

A few years ago I'd have said OP but in modern DBD I'd say it's worth a try.

• solarjin1
    solarjin1 Member Posts: 2,061

i like it but it might actually be to good. no scratch mark with baby iron will. I don't think it would be broken but it would be extremely annoying to chase against. It would be a nightmare at any hgh wall loop

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 3,117
    edited September 26

Agreed, I don't think no scratch marks would be OP, but I think the spirit of No Mither is more in this direction as a bait perk. No Mither made more sense when old Dead Hard readily available (and even then it was a meme), but now it's kinda in need of something.

It's one of those weird perks that is actually quite fun to build around. Since it's got that sort of bait quality, it's got it own mind game of asking "Is it worth tunneling the No Mither, or are there shenanigans afoot?" (Almost always yes, there are shenanigans).

I think with the first change (where it isn't active until you are injured), it becomes a lot better at that, so I support that, and it synergises with Dead Hard in the fact you technically have 6 potential health states outside of heals instead of 5 (which is the game standard) 👍

In the same vain however, the not showing broken thing I'm less a fan of... While it would be good to actually get more reliable use out of No Mithers perma Unbreakable, it also has the potential to hide other broken effects, which as well as being messy, could be a problem.... I don't think it's good to have exceptions to a standard rule surrounding the HUD. A big part of DBD is paying attention to the HUD and working out what perks are in play for the opposition. Being broken is an important status condition as part of that loop, and hiding it has the knock on of thinking "is this Iron Will and Unbreakable or No Mither?". Creating that uncertainty is very strong.

I also think the perk loses it's identity a tad... removing the broken status from the killer HUD means it loses that quality as a "bait perk"... and I feel the spirit of No Mither is a "Come and have a go if you think you're hard enough" type deal.

But yeah, first change, all for 🤘

• Paternalpark
    Paternalpark Member Posts: 663
    edited September 26

You can swap out unbreakable for ds/otr. You Kobe right infront of killers and they always take the bait.

Next thing they know, all the gens have popped.

You can even get away with just slippery meat and ask in lobby if everyone can bring luck offerings.

• LegacySmikey
    LegacySmikey Applicant, Member Posts: 598

More than fair probably didn't give the broken hud thing enough thought to be honest! I'd more than take it only activing once being injured the first time, but i'll still play no mither david in rotation regardless, have a pretty good adept escape record on him when "teammates" don't get mad & give up, that happens a bit too

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,715

I don't particularly dislike it but it might become a bit of an accessibility problem for people with hearing impairments. Or people that play without headphones.

• GeneralV

No, I don't think it is. Most of my survivor experience since I first started playing DBD, all the way back in 2018, has been solo.