Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Nemesis too oppressive?

After his update, Nemesis has been doing very well as of late, many if his previous issues, mainly being a terrible early game, being resolved for the most part.

However, the survivor side of things aren't as happy with the changes and I've seen quite a few claiming that Nemesis is now too oppressive in chase and/or has become a boring killer. Recently as well, I've had several people DC while I was playing Nemesis. I wasn't being toxic, tunneling or using an obnoxious build. Just something standard while my zombies have for the most part been very useful. I want to know more on the issue from the survivor side of things.

Comments

• dbd900bach
    dbd900bach Member Posts: 679

But when his zombies work, they are an absolute nuisance to survivors. I've had quite a few games where the zombies were my saving grace as they have blocked loops or slowed a certain gen near completion to a crawl.

• Royval
    Royval Member Posts: 534

they are probably gonna slow him down more when charging his whip or make the cooldown for missing longer. The Alien treatment.

• Wibwob
    Wibwob Member Posts: 64

He's not too bad, but I've been seeing a lot of him and noticed that Nemesis with bad latency has become one of the worst killers to play against.

He also has the projectile killer issue where whether he has a great oppressive power or an ok one depends on how many loops with high walls spawned on the map.

Zombie RNG is still painful for both sides.

• RootsofDredge
    RootsofDredge Member Posts: 45

He's still mid imo.

• UndeddJester
    UndeddJester Member Posts: 2,969
    edited September 26

Who doesn't love juking Nemesis or baiting a tentacle at the pallet? Peak mind game gameplay and great to see more of him.

I do wish they would draw the line on the ground from the start of the first hitbox to the end of the last one... I have to remind myself to ignore it every single time it catches me xD

I would like the zombies to be scarier though, and something I have to fight a little more... you know where using a pallet on one actually feels like a good idea cause they are an actual threat rather than just a pain in the ass...

• Memesis
    Memesis Member Posts: 164

Exactly what I was worried about. Buffing the least unique part of his kit rather than rebalancing other aspects like zombies or the vaccines. Now Nemesis will probably receive an inevitable nerf to his chase potential while doing nothing for his map pressure. Bravo :/

• Xernoton
    Xernoton Member Posts: 5,583

I think he could use a little more of a cooldown for missing. It doesn't feel very punishing anymore, so it feels like you can spam it until that survivor is down. That is not ideal.

@FrostySeal explained it perfectly. Nemesis doesn't have many strengths, so in order to be balanced he has to be incredibly powerful in one way to make up for all the ways he isn't. Unfortunately that doesn't make him the most engaging killer to play against.

• ControllerFeedback
    ControllerFeedback Member Posts: 64

Nemesis is chill. They need to fix his animation bug though.

• Jacknalls_Paw
    Jacknalls_Paw Member Posts: 135

His cooldown for missing is too little, especially now that he has received buffs I think that dodging his tentacle should be more rewarding.

• MaTtRoSiTy
    MaTtRoSiTy Member Posts: 1,853

I think his tentacle reaches too far now, I don't know why he was buffed in the first place but whatever, I guess.

• BurnedTerrormisu
    BurnedTerrormisu Member Posts: 91
    • remove tentacle dragging
    • add a delay based on the killer ping to the tentacle. it's sad when you get hit before the animation even starts

• I_Cant_Loop
    I_Cant_Loop Member Posts: 382

I started playing Nemesis for the first time recently and I can tell you first-hand that decent survivors have no problem stomping me. First of all, his tentacle is very easy to dodge and the hitbox seems to be very inconsistent (not sure why this has been an issue for so long…). He has no map pressure unless you get good RNG with the zombies, and even if zombies happen to wander into "good spots", I still see them glitching out all the time. His only real strong point is anti-loop at pallets and windows, and that power can be easily dodged. Someone also mentioned in a previous comment that crouching can avoid his tentacle, which is yet another way survivors can counter his only decent power.

I have fun playing him as killer (as long as it's not against coordinated SWF where I regularly get stomped) and going against his as survivor - seems like he should be one of the killers least deserving to be complained about.

• justadreampallet
    justadreampallet Member Posts: 110

I think people are just not used to playing agenst him, I got a 4k on switch (which was running like a potato) and everyone just looped him like he had no power. I was lucky cause his zombies where is a good shot (I was on nostramo and one was on main with the gen and one was in the bundle of gens.) it’s inexperience not strength.

• CrossTheSholf
    CrossTheSholf Member Posts: 199

Good grief

• NicolasCageMain
    NicolasCageMain Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 1

This is either bait or you're really bad at survivor. Anything else you say is a lie.

There are so many counters to Nemesis it's not even funny of you asking nerfs for nemesis to a killer who desperately needed a buff plus his addons are the absolute worst together with freddy and pyramid head addons.

Oh and btw, pyramid head, huntress and xenomorph are the kings of antiloop. Nemesis doesn't even come close + 3rd health state built in his power. You're welcome.

There is a ton of YouTube guides teaching you how to counter him Aland since you play Nemesis, you would be able to understand his counters so why are you complainig here and not thinking about a way to play against nemesis? Crouch, predrop crouching, CROUCHING BEHIND WINDOWS, perks that deals with zombies hint head on, any means necessary, A BLOODY FLASHLIGHT ITEM.

I think ya'll full of excuses man that's all there is to it. Makes me angry that I have to create an account to say this to you. It's embarrassing.

• GoodBoyKaru
    GoodBoyKaru Member Posts: 22,762

"Oppressive" isn't exactly the word I'd use, considering you can easily take him on a 2 1/2 minute chase by just denying him T2 (if you're really fancy about it you can run into a zombie and still not get hit by his whip once lol)

• theromanempire
    theromanempire Unconfirmed, Member Posts: 3

Counters

Nemesis

• Try to get infected by a zombie instead by nemesis to minimize the gain of tiering up his power.
    • Avoid using a Vaccine unless truly necessary.
    • Third health state
    • Bodyblock
    • Endurance
    • Lockers
    • Crouching
    • Zombies (they can help the survivors)
    • Long walls
    • Nemesis is tall and loud
    • Easy to mindgame

Zombies

• Lockers
    • Head-On
    • Any Means Necessary
    • Flashlight
    • Flashbang
    • Firecrackers
    • Pallets
    • Endurance
    • Avoid repairing gens together. Nemesis usually have Discordance that attract zombies to your gen thanks to loud noise notification.
    • Crows
    • 2 survivors, 1 can distract the zombie.
    • Anything that causes loud noise notification to distract zombies (Deception, vaulting, Diversion, Red Herring, missing skillcheck, etc.)
    • Bugs. Lol.

• Jacknalls_Paw
    Jacknalls_Paw Member Posts: 135

What's wrong with you man? Why are you shouting and angry?

You literally got pissed off at things you said yourself and I didn't even mention.
    I don't need you to tell me to watch youtube guides and stuff because I know how to play against the Nemesis.
    All i was referring to and pointing out (not just me by the way in this thread) is the fact that the cooldown for the miss was slightly too short, that's all.

Take it easy man.

• SkeletonDance
    SkeletonDance Member Posts: 306

I'd take him over nurse, blight and spirit

• Bookern
    Bookern Member Posts: 175

They should have added the 3rd Zombie and made QOL and buffs to them