why cant killer see scream bubble from scene partner and dramaturgy?

i hear survivors scream, but its not really directional, is not seeing the scream bubble intentional?

i mean thats is the risk of the perk or trade off right? i dont think it would be broken, so that killer can use the information.

Comments

• Crowman
    Crowman Member Posts: 9,375

Survivors being hit causes them to scream, but they don't leave a scream bubble. They aren't killer tracking perks. Dramaturgy scream is just a minor negative effect you can roll into and Scene Partner alerts the killer their aura is being seen. I don't think they also need to show the survivor's general location as well.

• RpTheHotrod
    RpTheHotrod Member Posts: 1,856

I'm a killer main. I think the killer already gets too much "perfect" tracking info (ie auras) as it is. I think it's fine it doesn't reveal their exact location but gives you a general direction of where they are at. Frankly, I think the aura reading potential from both sides needs to be reduced. More mindgames!

• Sngfun
    Sngfun Member Posts: 250

Bardic Inspiration also uses this scream without revealing location upon rolling a 1

But you would never be able to find out naturally since the perk has been bugged since release

• KatsuhxP
    KatsuhxP Member Posts: 700

I mean it's not like it would make much of a difference, the information is legit outdated as soon as you see it AND it's not really a good information in the first place. You can already tell from where the scream came through sound and after that you have to find the survivor yourself anyways xD

• danielmaster87
    danielmaster87 Member Posts: 9,109

I'd like this as long as the bubbles aren't super intrusive for me as killer, like m when a teammate gets hooked, and it just sits there and lasts so long that the killer gets the jump on me because the bubble blocked him from my vision.

• versacefeng
    versacefeng Member Posts: 1,136
    edited September 29

Because they aren't perks that are meant to distract the killer. Afaik it's meant to be a slight drawback from using the perks.

• Marc_go_solo
    Marc_go_solo Member Posts: 5,180

If the Survivor has a Bubble revealing their location after a scream whilst within the terror radius, it would make the perk bad to use. Matches with The Doctor shows how quickly a Survivor can be traced. The fact Scene Partner can produce multiple screams makes it even worse.

The scream already is directional from my experience, so I can get a rough idea. It ends up like a weak Spies From The Shadows or Whispers for the Killer. The info is old, as said before in am earlier comment anyway.

If it had a bubble, the perk may as well be a Killer perk. I feel it's fine as is.

• SAWII
    SAWII Member Posts: 94

IIRC, if you're close enough to hear the surv scream, you will not get a sound bubble, but if they are not close enough to be heard, a bubble will tell you where they screamed. Since Scene Partner and (to a lesser extent) Dramaturgy are typically activated near the killer, you would hear the direction they scream from but not get a visual notification.