A visual heartbeat style mechanic for killers (or longer visual notifications)

angel_pellegrino
angel_pellegrino Member Posts: 23
edited October 10 in Feedback and Suggestions

As someone who struggles to hear things in game, I always play survivor with the visual heartbeat. When I play killer, however, I have to use spies from the shadows since I can't track survivors through being able to hear them, or generators being worked on really. By the time I can register there's been a sound notification of some kind, and look up, the visual bubble indicator is usually gone. I think there can be more visual cues, or lasting ones, for killers who are hard of hearing and rely on more visual information. Besides scratch marks, which make zero sense to me, even under the best of circumstances.

Comments

• Emeal
    Emeal Member Posts: 4,970

That would be a nice feature, but take additional work to implement. Not as easy.

Are you sure a healthy amount of Aura reading perks cant do it for you?

• Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,889

I don't know how I feel about this. On the one hand, it would help me personally since I don't use headphones and often play with the volume fairly low. On the other hand, I don't think killers should get free tracking tools beyond what they already have. A visual indicator that lets you know there are survivor footsteps or breathing on the other side of a wall or something is a big advantage. Even a player with normal hearing might miss those noises.

I also think cluttering up the game with even more visual noise isn't a good direction to take the game. The user interface is already a little on the clunky side.