We have temporarily disabled Firecrackers and the Flashbang Perk due to a bug which could cause the Killer's game to crash. These will be re-enabled in an upcoming patch when the issue is resolved.

Why don't we also hide survivor names until post game?

Rokku_Rorru
Rokku_Rorru Member Posts: 1,132

Like the title asks why aren't we also hiding survivor names, to stop killers from lobby shopping. You go so out of your way to hide the killer name, it's never really made sense.

I honestly feel the survivor lobbie should be hidden too, I don't understand why even in 2v8 you also do this. wouldn't it be better for the community to hide everyones? Lobby shopping is getting really bad recently, especially during the later hours.

Post edited by Rizzo at

Comments

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,189

Yep, this was the next step after hiding prestige. Next you will want default cosmetics until the match starts.

The incremental regress to no lobby continues.

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,655

So first it was prestige that caused lobby-dodging, and now it's names? Next it'll be cosmetics, then the survivors themselves.

• RakimSockem
    RakimSockem Member Posts: 1,993

I feel like this conversation comes up once a year, every year and then gets ignored. There's literally no reason the killer should see a survivor's name prior to the game.

Items? Fine. Character? doesn't matter but fine. Names? there's no justification for it and though there aren't massive amount of cases, there are some cases where killers target specific people because they know who they are from a previous game or they know the streamer's name

• Thusly_Boned
    Thusly_Boned Member Posts: 2,924

I agree with names and prestige, but the prestige is already gone and the names can be hidden.

And I do think that the killers should be able to see what items the survs are bringing, so I can't agree with doing away with the lobby altogether.

• buggybug
    buggybug Member Posts: 125

It is cool that your name shows to your swf if in anonymous mode but its lame it does not if its with random people, as much as I would love to meet and expand more with people, killers with their pathetic ways of stream sniping is the thing. 2 days ago literally sauce this xenomorph for 3 gens who then decide to chase someone and down her( am heading to basement going into a locker just incase they have bbq.

They hook the person (i was already in the locker before they did) they came right to the basement and pull me out, check my chat to see that it literally was the killer in my stream, like how sad are you that you gotta cheat to win. Killers should not be able to see survivors period since we cant see them. That is what I respect with evil dead game, only your teammates see you and not the demon until your in the match. TCM everyone see each other but NOT what builds people are running. Why can those two games do either of which is good but dbd cant is beyond me.

• Yggleif
    Yggleif Member Posts: 187

I think we should hide the survivors during the game too, and the killer....and the map. DBD will now take place in an entirely blue/grey skybox where everyone is invisible.

• IIITweedleIII
    IIITweedleIII Member Posts: 1,007

First hide offerings (even though that was something asked of way before this whole idea of hiding was widely spoken over) don't forget

• Bookern
    Bookern Member Posts: 319

how are we gonna avoid known hackers then?

• Caiman
    Caiman Member Posts: 2,655

If you're so scared of your name being seen, there's a handy feature that hides it for you, instead of harassing other people about it.

• Autharia
    Autharia Member Posts: 94

I see more killer dodge on lobbies with 4 hidden names then with out.

• Royval
    Royval Member Posts: 634

the game would be so boring 🤣 it’ll feel like playing against bots.

• CountOfTheFog
    CountOfTheFog Member Posts: 2,239

Because you cannot block trolls and griefers. Even if you have them blocked on your platform, the game will put you with them.

I'm dodging those clowns every time if I recognize their names or they are on my platform block list.

• bjorksnas
    bjorksnas Member Posts: 5,494

Ah yes the growing boogeyman of non issues in dbd 2024, lobby shopping

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,125

Sadly the information about the item is not used to prepare, but rather to dodge. And this should not be a thing.

• PuddleOfBludd
    PuddleOfBludd Member Posts: 113
    edited 4:40AM

I am still of the belief that hiding things has made it worse. I see more wait times in lobby shuffling through five or six killers before a match will start. I think if they had a match or two where there was some P100s they just start dodging multiple ones assuming they’re gonna get the same. To me it just feels like I get dodged way more often than I was being dodged before.

• BritneyMitch
    BritneyMitch Member Posts: 160

Should also hide items, the entire concept of giving one side information to intentionally counter the other side with perks is a lame mechanic.

• Bookern

we hated when we saw a 4 stack all toolbox squad with p100s floating above but geuss what got removed already?

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,125

Dodging because of Prestige was silly, sorry. Prestige means nothing, in theory someone can own a P100-Survivor without ever playing Survivor. And it is not like P100s were rare nowadays.

It is safe to assume that most games were with full P100-Lobbies when it comes to Survivors, which just the difference that the Survivors were not using their P100s. And in the end, you face the same players, regardless if they use their P100-Mains or the P2-Survivors they are just levelling.

• Bookern

was it silly? Yeah but we still did it regardless but i can remember names at least now and if i have to face the one i hate tunnel & camp

• Dustin
    Dustin Member Posts: 2,299

Names and profiles should be hidden until post game lobby I agree. Killers shouldn't be allowed to lobby shop public profiles.

If I play survivor I typically go anon mode because if I play with friends who are newer they get tunneled because they have low hours or I get tunneled on rare occasion because my name isn't in English. Also yes I know this has been a reason because I've ventured onto low viewed streams to hear killers talk ######### about my name or people just outright admit it thinking it's funny.

Post game it's fine if you choose to be public but I see no reason to have any information visible to the other team pregame.

• MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,534

Why not just remove pregame lobby completely? Could you imagine finding a match and then instantly going to loading screen? That would be amazing.

• I_CAME
    I_CAME Member Posts: 1,254
    edited 9:50AM

This makes the most sense which is exactly why it won't happen. There is no good reason for the lobby to still exist. Behavior talks about how concerned they are about queue times and yet they still keep the lobby. Most of my time spent waiting for a match is spent in the lobby while multiple people on both sides repeatedly dodge. It'd be nice if I didn't have to deal with this. Sometimes it can take upwards of 4-5 minutes just to get into the loading screen when you are unlucky.

• MrMori
    MrMori Member Posts: 1,534
    edited 12:20PM

Very true. Another thing removing lobbies would help tremendously with is matchmaking quality. Because if you can match 5 players together, you can guarantee that they will get into the match together. They've admitted themselves that with backfilled players they prioritize speed over accuracy, but like you said it would be both faster and more accurate to just skip lobby entirely.

It would be good for survivors too because the killer wouldn't be able to counter their items based on what they put on in lobby, nor anticipate a flashlight save based on who was using one in lobby. Bonus points if they removed or sped up the offering screen and just made a little graphic that shows up as the match starts. When I was playing Lights Out I really liked how fast the game begun loading after the lobby is over because there were no offerings and thus no offering screen.

• Mr_K
    Mr_K Member Posts: 9,189

Hiding offerings came from the killer side due to survivors DCing when a mori popped up. Ironic considering this thread.