The Cultist Killer idea ---> 3 powers, no melee attack.

Malkoth
Malkoth Member Posts: 21
edited January 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions

Alright guys, this is really a longshot and much more complicated than basic killer design we've seen so far. Without much postponing, i will simply write what i had in mind.

The Cultist is a fully ranged killer, with no melee attack avaliable. He is able to rotate usable power manualy on demand, but can only have 1 power ready at the time (maybe 2 with red addon).

1st Power Fireball --> His only damaging killer power. Power would have some arc to it, something like Huntress hatchets, and after it hits survivor, object or simply falls to ground, it explodes, injuring survivors in area. Injured survivors are set ablaze for short time, screaming in pain and revealing their location. (Modification addons could include area increase, faster cast time, longer ablaze duration, etc.)

2nd Power Freezing Mist--> His utility power. When used, a spray of freezing mist is released upon pallets/windows/generators/hooks or targeted survivors. Survivors who vault frozen windows/pallets, touch generators, unhook survivor who is on frozen hook or are simply hit by freezing mist have their movement speed reduced for X amount of seconds (Modification addons would include increased duration, slower repair/healing time, exhaustion application, and for some higher rarity addons to completly freeze windows shut (Bamboozle like effect).

3rd Power Disruptive Link --> This power is a channeled ability usable only on survivors. When holding the power button, a disruptive link is created between you and survivor. Link is broken if you lose eye of sight of linked survivor. Once link is created, survivors suffer from inverted controls, inverted skillchecks and force survivors to use "action" button every few seconds (window vault/pallet drop button). For each X amount of seconds disrtuptive link is being held on survivor it increases the duration of inverted controls survivor suffers from after the link is broken. (Modification addons would include the ability of link being chained to other nearby survivors, forcing survivors to drop items after being linked for certain duration, increase the frequency of "action" button forced usage, etc.).

I am looking forward to hear your thoughts about this. Pay in mind, this is just a "rough" sketch of what would killer's gameplay look like, i do understand that it is maybe "too magical" for DBD, however i think that we should maybe explore the possibility of unconventional killer designs (like this, no melee attacks but multiple usable powers), instead of making 20 killers in a row with 1 power and melee attack.

Thanks for reading, be well and Cheers! :blush:

Post edited by Malkoth on