Strong Punishment for Disconnecting

This is something that happens almost every day, players abandoning the match because it was knocked over or because of something that does not justify the disconnection, I would like to suggest something more severe that would help players to avoid/stop disconnecting so much from the game.

Thank you.

Comments

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    What "more severe"
    Any proposal?
  • Lagoni
    Lagoni Member Posts: 180

Many games has a system where you are unable to play for x amounts of minutes after a disconnect. This is mainly games that differentiate between "casual" and "ranked" game modes, which DBD does not.
    I would love to know the number of DC's it takes in a certain period of time before a person is banned with the current system, but I suppose it would be a bad idea to release information like that, as it would probably be easy to meta game around it. All i know it, that i haven't actually heard of anyone getting banned due to DC's yet.
    It's also important to note, that a too severe punishment too abruptly would be a bad idea, as legitimate DC's occur without the players interaction.

• TheWaffleHouse
    TheWaffleHouse Member Posts: 20
    I hate disconnecting. I faced the same killer twice on ps4 who disconnected at the beginning of both games. And when I played killer 2 people disconnected instantly, i didnt put on a mori and i was rank 12 so I didn't understand this. I think people shouldn't be able to dc more than 3 times a day. After two dc then the player should be prompted that they are one away from a soft ban. Even if they try this out for one week then we'd see the results
  • yobuddd
    yobuddd Member Posts: 2,259

Here’s a thought: if a player disconnects within X meters of the killer, they initiate a 20 second countdown timer in which they no longer have control of the character, but still have to watch as the killer hits/carries/hooks them. Even if they fully disconnect (power off the machine), the avatar should remain for 20 seconds giving the killer a chance at the bloodpoints to be earned from sacrifice.

I also think that the disconnected character should glow brightly or have some sort of aura/notification bubble. 1) the killer will know the 20 countdown has started as to hurry. 2) other survivors will know not to risk themselves trying to unhook that character. 3) it can count as a trackable “event”. If a glow event begins, the player loses all bloodpoints and equipment (regardless of wards used) and automatically loses a pip for ranked play.

I think this will reduce the number of rage quits while still allowing people to disconnect for legitimate reasons. If you really had to use the restroom, disconnect out of the range of the killer, not mid-chase.