Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

Best Of Prey Rework, but you'd actually use it.

AlwaysInAGoodShape
AlwaysInAGoodShape Member Posts: 1,301
edited January 2019 in General Discussions

The older beast of Prey tried to make you more unpredictable in chases by hiding your Red Stain. We do in fact know that hiding your red stain can be strong and is a crucial point for manipulation at the higher levels of the game.

So what is the problem with the current perk? It's that it only works once you've gained bloodlust. With the chase mechanic not always working properly and you not always wanting to spend as much time to gain bloodlust, the perk is pretty useless.

So here I have an alternative;

Beast of Prey

Your lust for a kill is so intense that your connection with the Entity is momentarily lost, making you totally unpredictable.

After using your ability, your Red Stain disappears for 3/4/5 seconds. Has a 15 seconds cooldown.

Gain 30/40/50 % more Bloodpoints for actions in the Hunter Category.

"Where did she go?"

With that change in mind, this perk should be able to find itself a niche/spot in the builds of higher tier players.

Contributers: Ryuhi

Post edited by AlwaysInAGoodShape on

Comments

• DexyIV
    DexyIV Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 515

1: Why is this in the survivors forum?
    2: Sure. This would lead to some better builds, but may render Wraith's "The Hound" - Soot add on useless

• AlwaysInAGoodShape
    edited January 2019

@DexyIV

1: Why is this in the survivors forum?

So that they can prepare for what's coming. >:)

I think I missclicked haha

Sure. This would lead to some better builds, but may render Wraith's "The Hound" - Soot add on useless

Only when he runs the perk at the same time, otherwise the add-on allows him to pick another perk and still have the same effect.
    Really curious what higher tier players would think of this. It's all about the mind-games.

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    edited January 2019
    I use it on my huntress all the time. Along with toth, distressing, and a flex perk (no bbq. Sadness) not because it's a good perk, but because of extra bp.

Bonuses/buffs would be appreciated. 

Rereading, it might not help huntress much ,though. misread. Looked like it was seconds into a chase not after using powers.
  • Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

So, when you say after using your ability, do you mean like:

Trapper: -Places down a trap- ... -Loses red stain-

• AlwaysInAGoodShape

@Shad03 said:

Yep (:
    But I wouldn't run it on killers like trapper.
    I think killers like the Wraith, Huntress and Clown would be a better fit.

• Shad03

@AlwaysInAGoodShape said:

@Shad03 said:

Yep (:

Yeah they would, however it's gonna decrease my All the Bloodpoints build effectiveness that I run time to time. I run the build on Trapper since I am most effective with him.

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775

@Shad03 said:

Yep (:

With huntress the stain would probably be back by the time she caught up. 

It seems to really limit how many killers can use it well.
    Doctor might benefit heavily. 
  • fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

I quite like beast of pray. The killers never see me coming! :D I'm not against it being a button press and having a cooldown, though. It could be interesting.

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733

There would have to be a soft cooldown on it, like quick and quiet. Otherwise Myers would absolutely obliterate people with it :chuffed:

• AlwaysInAGoodShape

@Rebel_Raven

It seems to really limit how many killers can use it well.

Doctor might benefit heavily.

With some experimentation, we could see if a simple variable change is needed, cranking the 5 seconds up to something like 10. Should still be a fair amount of seconds.

• AlwaysInAGoodShape

@Ryuhi said:
    There would have to be a soft cooldown on it, like quick and quiet. Otherwise Myers would absolutely obliterate people with it :chuffed:

Thinking ahead (:

I was too shy to add it, in the hopes that it wouldn't be released too weak if it were to be.

• AlwaysInAGoodShape

@fluffybunny said:
    I quite like beast of pray. The killers never see me coming! :D I'm not against it being a button press and having a cooldown, though. It could be interesting.

I think that is the Tru3Ta1ent suggestion. It is a very optimal one, but I'm not sure if the killers have place for a second active button, as killers like clown use it to refill their bottles.

• Shad03

@fluffybunny said:

I think that is the Tru3Ta1ent suggestion. It is a very optimal one, but I'm not sure if the killers have place for a second active button, as killers like clown use it to refill their bottles.

x? At least on PS4.

• fluffybunny

@fluffybunny said:

They're not using many of the buttons, so it should be fine. It would probably just mean they would need to adjust the game so that killer's perks can have an activation button separate from the killer's power buttons.

• fluffybunny

@Ryuhi said:

I was thinking more like dead hard. With quick and quiet, you have to do something to activate it (fast vault something).

• AlwaysInAGoodShape
    edited January 2019

@fluffybunny said:

@fluffybunny said:

They're not using many of the buttons, so it should be fine. It would probably just mean they would need to adjust the game so that killer's perks can have an activation button separate from the killer's power buttons.

I wish they used the rarity systems of the perks differently, so that normal tier 3 perks would be Purple and Active Ability perks Red and a 1 of in your build.

With such a system, implementing extra ability-like perks would function really well. It would also make the Tru3Ta1ent version absolutely the best one.

Without such a thing, I personally find it weird to bind things to keys (including Dead Hard).

• Ryuhi
    Ryuhi Member Posts: 3,733
    edited January 2019

@fluffybunny said:

@Ryuhi said:

I was thinking more like dead hard. With quick and quiet, you have to do something to activate it (fast vault something).

I was referencing Q&Q for the cooldown, it can only activate every X seconds. Otherwise, Myers could just pop stalk for a moment and remove his red stain pretty much whenever.

• AlwaysInAGoodShape

@Ryuhi said:

@fluffybunny said:

@Ryuhi said:

I was referencing Q&Q for the cooldown, it can only activate every X seconds. Otherwise, Myers could just pop stalk for a moment and remove his red stain pretty much whenever.

Yeah, you've convinced me to add it. My loose guess is that a 15 second cooldown is fair.

• scorpio
    scorpio Member Posts: 356

This would be interesting to test it out in a PTB to see if 3/4/5 seconds is enough.

• KiraElijah
    KiraElijah Member Posts: 1,187

@Shad03 said:

Yep (:

Wraith has The Ghost - Soot