The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Should Amanda be able to pick up R.B.T's after a survivor pops it off?

Title almost says it all...

I get having them be a limited resource given the chance for them to be so powerful, but it's so random on how long they actually stay on somebody there's no guarantee that they are anything but a minor inconvenience...

Survivors just toss them to the ground after they unlock 'em anyway, why can't I just pick it up ? 😅

Comments

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732

It appears to burn into nothingness. So you'd just collect ashes.

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775

I think it might be a balanced way to let her restock her traps for it to stay on the ground like a trapper trap, or survivor item.

• TigerKirby215
    TigerKirby215 Member Posts: 604

lol no? Why do people keep asking for Pig's ability to make another generator to be restockable?

• Volfawott
    Volfawott Member Posts: 3,893

lol no? Why do people keep asking for Pig's ability to make another generator to be restockable?

Mainly because they're based on RNG and having somebody remove the bear trap within the first box practically meaning that you wasted a trap is the most frustrating thing as an Amanda player.

Well I don't technically think you should be able to restock I think you should have the ability to be able to make the Jigsaw boxes more of a challenge to complete.
  • FayeZahara
    FayeZahara Member Posts: 965

noone would teabag pig with there taken off helm as a brag <.<

• TigerKirby215
    TigerKirby215 Member Posts: 604

@Aari_Piggy66 said:
    TigerKirby215 said:

Mainly because they're based on RNG and having somebody remove the bear trap within the first box practically meaning that you wasted a trap is the most frustrating thing as an Amanda player.

Well I don't technically think you should be able to restock I think you should have the ability to be able to make the Jigsaw boxes more of a challenge to complete.

Here's an idea: instead of making the game even slower and encourage more game stall (Freddy),
    we remove RNG from the power and make it more consistent and fair?

• AgentTexes
    AgentTexes Member Posts: 24

Seeing as how it's pretty damn rare they actually go off?

Yeah.

It wouldn't make much of a difference gameplay wise for either survivor or killer.

• pemberley
    pemberley Member Posts: 1,510
    I think that could be a cool add on Pig could use. Like it could be pink or purple and be on par with questioning what kind of Michael you’re against. 

I would rather see see the timer shorten each missed skill check or even just start the moment the survivor begins searching. There’s literally no point to them when there’s no gens going. 
  • powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@AgentTexes said:
    Seeing as how it's pretty damn rare they actually go off?

Yeah.

It wouldn't make much of a difference gameplay wise for either survivor or killer.

You've never seen me get stuck with them, It's usually 4th or 5th box to get them off if it doesn't blow up 1st and in red ranks I see people die from them all the time. Well they die all the time oftentimes or the killer just follows them and downs them or chases them away from a box.

For me it usually takes 3 or more boxes usually to get it off if i'm allowed to try that is and I've had times where all 5 boxes give me the middle finger.

If it could change to be more balanced rng wise like minimum and maximum variables it'd be much more fair to both sides. You could even perhaps allow purple keys and above to be used on the RBT which would then remove both items from the game.

• ShyN3ko
    ShyN3ko Member Posts: 1,616

I would say only with an addon.
    Example:
    Amanda's Secret
    But my full opinion is her:
    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/41229/my-complete-pig-buff-rework-devs-you-can-use-this-if-you-want/p1

• SpacingLlamas
    SpacingLlamas Member Posts: 602
    Would rather they just make her traps harder to get off and deadlier at the same time. Or just harder to get off
  • Raptorrotas
    Raptorrotas Member Posts: 3,235

give her rechargeable for her traps, like every 180seconds she regains 1 trap.

• TAG
    TAG Member Posts: 12,871
    edited January 2019
    The only way I'd be okay with (and not even, like, something I'd actively want to see) restockable traps would be as an Ultra Rare that did something like this:

-Gain 1 Reverse Bear Trap whenever a Survivor removes a Reverse Bear Trap.
    -Reduces available Reverse Bear Traps by 2/3 (not sure which one is correct, but it should definitely be one of them, especially to prevent synergy with Amanda's Letter).

If you're going to be able to restock bear traps like that, it should be at the cost of how many RBTs you can have in play at once.
  • DemonDaddy
    DemonDaddy Member Posts: 4,167
    They are a little to easy to counter. Only when teammates don't care does it even become a thing and again easily solved at that. Rechargeable traps wouldn't be much of an issue and actually help the pig to set up for the ambushes.
  • Kurisataru
    Kurisataru Member Posts: 460
    edited January 2019

No, she has add-ons for her traps and that's good enough, I've seen a guy die when trying to escape after he took off her trap and I still don't know why that happened but I assume it's an add-on. This happened the day after the 2.5 patch. Also I get tunneled a lot with my trap on now that everybody and their grandma's wrinkly ass wants to play piggy. It made me stop playing the game for almost a week. Every game I get trappers in the grassiest map with the freaking broken boats or I get a try hard, tunneling piggy who find me almost as soon as the matches start, probably because I purposely wear bright clothes on my characters and don't crouch around everywhere. and wanna tunnel me when there's like 2 gens left and 3 perfectly fine survivors.

• TAG

@Kurisataru said:
    No, she has add-ons for her traps and that's good enough, I've seen a guy die when trying to escape after he took off her trap and I still don't know why that happened but I assume it's an add-on. This happened the day after the 2.5 patch. Also I get tunneled a lot with my trap on now that everybody and their grandma's wrinkly ass wants to play piggy. It made me stop playing the game for almost a week. Every game I get trappers in the grassiest map with the freaking broken boats or I get a try hard, tunneling piggy who find me almost as soon as the matches start, probably because I purposely wear bright clothes on my characters and don't crouch around everywhere. and wanna tunnel me when there's like 2 gens left and 3 perfectly fine survivors.

For what it's worth, most of her add-ons are not good. I wouldn't necessarily advocate for restockable traps, but she does need more buffs than what she currently has received.

• Kurisataru
    Kurisataru Member Posts: 460
    edited January 2019

@TAG said:

@Kurisataru said:

For what it's worth, most of her add-ons are not good. I wouldn't necessarily advocate for restockable traps, but she does need more buffs than what she currently has received.

I haven't played piggy yet so I don't know much about her besides the fact that if I see a jigsaw box while loading into a game I'm going to poop myself and likely be found first and terrorized to death. An add on she had on the dwight that died trying to escape even though he no longer had a trap on was one where the survivor takes damage while they are in motion. I don't know if it persists after the trap is off or what. But he got blood spurting out of his trap-less head and died trying to head out the gate. I don't remember what the other one is, but maybe this while be of use to you.

• TAG

@Kurisataru said:

@TAG said:

@Kurisataru said:

I haven't played piggy yet so I don't know much about her besides the fact that if I see a jigsaw box while loading into a game I'm going to poop myself and likely be found first and terrorized to death. An add on she had on the dwight that died trying to escape even though he no longer had a trap on was one where the survivor takes damage while they are in motion. I don't know if it persists after the trap is off or what. But he got blood spurting out of his trap-less head and died trying to head out the gate. I don't remember what the other one is, but maybe this while be of use to you.

There is no add-on that does what you describe. There are the Utility Blades, which make the Survivors suffer from Hemorrhaging while they are wearing the RBT, but that doesn't actually damage the wearer and stops functioning after the RBT is removed. Either you missed something, or there's some sort of bug at play here.