Ruin rework idea

Options

Ok, so with the current state of Ruin, I basically just think of it a "noobstomper" type ability. IE basically something that works **insanely **well against newer/lower level players, but does next to nothing against higher level players (the doctors abilities are another example of this phenomenon).

While most lower ranked players are 100% forced to find and break the totem, higher level players can either gen tap or consistently hit great skill checks to completely nullify Ruin.

Proposed rework:

Change Ruin to a static 20-30% decrease in generator speed while the hex totem is still up. This will make sure gen tapping doesn't work, and will also force higher level teams to look for the totem if they don't want to suffer the speed penalty.

Thoughts?

Comments

• scorpio
    scorpio Member Posts: 354
    Options

I would be okay with this but they would need better totem placements as well because currently, either survivors spawn directly on the totem, or my totem is like, on the side of a hill or just basically out in the open. I really wish they would make a Hex: Ruin totem default so killers don't have to waste a perk on something that is gone right away 4/5 times.

• AlwaysInAGoodShape
    AlwaysInAGoodShape Member Posts: 1,301
    Options

Ok, so with the current state of Ruin, I basically just think of it a "noobstomper" type ability. IE basically something that works **insanely **well against newer/lower level players, but does next to nothing against higher level players

I really wish they would make a Hex: Ruin totem default so killers don't have to waste a perk on something that is gone right away 4/5 times.

This combination. Both of you nail it perfectly. All we need for something like that to be justifiable, we need to simply increase generator time without any perks and allow survivors to have an increased repair efficiency PER survivor death so that they don't become as hopeless after 1 person dies.

https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/34870/solution-to-the-death-efficiency-problem-solving-the-games-biggest-issue/p1

Both sides would have a better experience.