A question to all of you (about the plot of this game)

Options
tt_ivi_99
tt_ivi_99 Member Posts: 1,463
edited January 2019 in Lore
Time inside the Entity's world doesnt exist, or at least It doesnt work like our idea of time on earth.

That means that a killer/survivor who was dragged to the Entity's world in the 1890s could be in the same place and at the same time as a killer/survivor who belonged to the 21st century, right?

So... If whoever created the hatch actually managed to escape to the real world... In which decade did he/she land on? Did they land on the decade they were dragged from, or maybe somewhere else?

What do you guys think, and why...?

Comments

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

So... If whoever created the hatch actually managed to escape to the real world.

What? Who said they escaped?

Also this should be in lore subforum i think

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    Options
    The guy who escaped?
    He stepped into the Quantum Leap accelerator and vanished… He woke to find himself trapped in the past, facing mirror images that were not his own and driven by an unknown force to change history for the better. His only guide on this journey is Al, an observer from his own time, who appears in the form of a hologram that only Sam can see and hear. And so Dr. Beckett finds himself leaping from life to life, striving to put right what once went wrong and hoping each time that his next leap will be the leap home.
  • Theluckyboi
    Theluckyboi Member Posts: 1,113
    Options

I dont know when or how he escaped but i hope he is rotting in hell for creating the most boring mechanic in the whole game

• tt_ivi_99
    Options
    The guy who escaped?
    He stepped into the Quantum Leap accelerator and vanished… He woke to find himself trapped in the past, facing mirror images that were not his own and driven by an unknown force to change history for the better. His only guide on this journey is Al, an observer from his own time, who appears in the form of a hologram that only Sam can see and hear. And so Dr. Beckett finds himself leaping from life to life, striving to put right what once went wrong and hoping each time that his next leap will be the leap home.
    Mmmm, that sounds pretty legit 😂
  • tt_ivi_99
    Options
    Milo said:

So... If whoever created the hatch actually managed to escape to the real world.

What? Who said they escaped?

Also this should be in lore subforum i think

Well, the hatch is just a copy that the Entity created. Therefore, there is a real hatch through which someone escaped.
  • JoannaVO
    JoannaVO Member Posts: 750
    Options

Not only does time not exist in the entity's world, it also doesn't exist in the real world we live in. Survivors and killers just have their own knowledge created by the environment/century they used to live in. But as the entity's world is nothing like the real world, it's knowledge that can hardly be used. No matter what decade you're from.
    About the hatch, there's nothing linking to it being a time machine. When escaping through the hatch survivors just go back to the campfire they can not escape.

• tt_ivi_99
    Options
    JoannaVO said:

Not only does time not exist in the entity's world, it also doesn't exist in the real world we live in. Survivors and killers just have their own knowledge created by the environment/century they used to live in. But as the entity's world is nothing like the real world, it's knowledge that can hardly be used. No matter what decade you're from.
    About the hatch, there's nothing linking to it being a time machine. When escaping through the hatch survivors just go back to the campfire they can not escape.

You forget that the hatch was created by someone else, not the Entity itself, that means that whoever created the hatch managed to escape. What we see in the game is not the real hatch, just a copy
  • JoannaVO
    JoannaVO Member Posts: 750
    Options

I thought Vigo died because of the notes he left during the Halloween event.
    So he potentially created the hatch, no idea what his main goal was to achieve with it. But even if he did escape to the real world, nobody would believe him and they'd just think he's crazy. The entity's realm would forever be trapped in his head without being able to ever come out.

• Milo
    Milo Member Posts: 7,383
    Options

@tt_ivi_99 said:
    JoannaVO said:

You forget that the hatch was created by someone else, not the Entity itself, that means that whoever created the hatch managed to escape. What we see in the game is not the real hatch, just a copy

But also you forget that Vigo can bend fog's rules.

"I found marvels through the years in the fog, but only now do I understand how to bend the fog's irrefragable rules." -Vigo's Journal

• Detective_Jonathan
    Detective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165
    Options

There is no escape from the realm. No one as of now that we know has been able to escape it. The entity can hold you there till you give up, and tosses you into The Void.

• xmenfanatic
    xmenfanatic Member Posts: 816
    Options

I won't if they are stuck BECAUSE time doesn't flow normally.

Maybe fixing time will fix the death loop.

• Shad03
    Shad03 Member Posts: 3,732
    Options

@JoannaVO said:
    I thought Vigo died because of the notes he left during the Halloween event.
    So he potentially created the hatch, no idea what his main goal was to achieve with it. But even if he did escape to the real world, nobody would believe him and they'd just think he's crazy. The entity's realm would forever be trapped in his head without being able to ever come out.

It wasn't Vigo who died. The person in the cutscenes were a different person who found Vigo's journal. Some predict (or it was confirmed somewhere) that the person was Benedict Baker.

• LCGaster
    LCGaster Member Posts: 3,154
    Options

We don't know if someone managed to escape, maybe all survivors managed to escape at least once, maybe no survivor ever managed to escape. But yeah, if one managed to escape he or she could even end up in the Ice Age as far as I know, as long as the Entity corrupted a specific place it will be like an open portal. For example the Entity took Evan, the Trapper, in a certain date in our world, so from that date forward that place will be available for the Entity to take people from. So, let's say that Benedict Baker was taken in the 1900s in the MacMillan Estate (His story is a bit confusing so I don't know when exactly he was taken), if he managed to escape he could end up in the same place in the 21st century or even somewhere else like the Crotus Prenn Asylum or the Yamaoka estate even further in the future or back in the past.

I think that the Entity creates some kind of bubbles in a certain area that stays and grows always bigger and bigger over time, the Entity chooses the most hopeful souls who enter said bubbles, survivors, to feed on. So if someone manages to find a way to access one of those bubbles the might be able to escape, the further in the future you end up the hardest is going to be to escape before the Entity takes them again. The time you end up in I think is kind of random

This are my theories so I don't know how accurate this might be