The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Console red ranks

Just recently I got my ass up to rank 3, now I believe myself to be a decent killer. I run standard perks for red ranks like Ruin and Noed. Even though I constantly hook ppl, I usually get 1 MAYBE 2 kills a match. I try different killers, different builds, but nothing works. My Ruin lasts for maybe 1 gen, and my Noed lasts a whole minute. I try to play as optimally as possible. I main Billy, and I’ve been trying Sprit recently too. I play on console, so I do have a decent amount of boundaries and FPS issues, but nonetheless, I don’t understand why I can’t do good, to my standards at least. Anyone have a tip or something for me?

Comments

• JanTheMan
    JanTheMan Member Posts: 495
    If you got BBQ on Billy then you should be getting at least 2 kills...
  • Yamaoka
    Yamaoka Member Posts: 4,321
    Do you have any gameplay on youtube? Also what's your complete setup (perks/addons) other that ruin and noed?
  • Gorgonia
    Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607

There is a real situation here. You just made it to rank 3 because it's really easy to get to it. The problem is that you might be facing red rank survivors that have had much more experience in the red ranks and are very comfortable with facing high lvl killers. You are probably making some mistakes that high lvl survivors will use to their favor and it will mostly cost you the game. Keep practicing, fine tune your chase skills.

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823
    Hag is the answer you are looking for.
    (Bbq, ruin, myc and noed)
  • Rorschac
    Rorschac Member Posts: 5
    Yamaoka said:
    Do you have any gameplay on youtube? Also what's your complete setup (perks/addons) other that ruin and noed?
    I don’t have posted gameplay,  but my main perk build on Billy is: Ruin, Noed, Spirit Fury, and Enduring. My Spirit build is: Ruin, Noed, Rancor, and Spirit Fury.
  • MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@Rorschac said:
    Just recently I got my ass up to rank 3, now I believe myself to be a decent killer. I run standard perks for red ranks like Ruin and Noed. Even though I constantly hook ppl, I usually get 1 MAYBE 2 kills a match. I try different killers, different builds, but nothing works. My Ruin lasts for maybe 1 gen, and my Noed lasts a whole minute. I try to play as optimally as possible. I main Billy, and I’ve been trying Sprit recently too. I play on console, so I do have a decent amount of boundaries and FPS issues, but nonetheless, I don’t understand why I can’t do good, to my standards at least. Anyone have a tip or something for me?

More experienced players will either "Gen-tap" through your Ruin, simply hit the "Great skillchecks" or find the totem because they know the map spawn locations. I don't think Ruin is a consistent enough tool against experienced survivors and can be replaced with something more suited to your playstyle.

By the above mention of "totem spawn locations" I also don't feel NOED is as reliable either, as typically the team communicates all totems destroyed and you won't even get that activation. Rule #1 always assume the killer has NOED, it takes next to no time to assure you don't get screwed over.

Spies from the Shadows is a perk that yields surprisingly good results for me since no one expects it (and its getting a buff, unless that buff has already been released)

Enduring is good because you never have to play "safe" around pallets and can force the drop faster.

There is no easy solution as each team will be different. Many red rank players still play far to altruistically and get themselves killed quickly while others rush gens and put up long chases. I find the best way to play the game is by changing your view on what your goal is. Most people say killers goal is to kill all the survivors while I view my goal as stopping a total of 5 generators from being finished.

Objective 1: Prevent generator progression.
    Objective 2: Kill survivors to achieve objective 1.

Prioritize stopping gens over committing to chases, the longer a match goes the better (usually) it goes for you.

• thesuicidefox
    thesuicidefox Member Posts: 8,223

Xbox or PS? I feel like that makes a difference. Xbox is more competitive and has more SWF groups. PS, from what I understand, is a bit more laid back but there are also more toxic survivors (or at the very least they will message you more often with a toxic message, on Xbox those people get comm bans real quick).

If you play Billy I would say take off NOED. It's really not necessary on him and if you are relying on it then you aren't going to get better as killer. A solid build for Billy is BBQ, Enduring, Spirit Fury, and Ruin with carb tuning guide at least (other add-on doesn't matter so much, you mainly want faster charge time).