The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

WGLF - Increase unhook speed?

I was wondering if anyone or devs had kicked around the idea of WGLF having some tangible, ingame benefit, as it is basically the counterpart to BBQ but lacks any impact to gameplay. Even if this was 10-15-20% unhook speed, at least maybe there could be justification to run it for something beyond farming points. It seems there are few to no perks out there that don't actually do something in the game, so it's odd to me in the current state- just my thoughtss.

Comments

• Spirez
    Spirez Member Posts: 674
    I second this. Or any benefit that the perk would give you.
  • JoannaVO
    JoannaVO Member Posts: 750

Unhooking literally only takes like 1,5 second lol... If you don't have the chance to unhook because the killer is too close, then just don't.

• Slyther83
    Slyther83 Member Posts: 19

@JoannaVO said:
    Unhooking literally only takes like 1,5 second lol... If you don't have the chance to unhook because the killer is too close, then just don't.

My counterpoint to that would be vault speeds... we all know how much of a difference a fraction of a second makes there.

Functionally, I think faster unhook speed makes most sense on borrowed time, given it is an anti-camp measure- but unfortunately WGLF has nothing at all benefiting gameplay.

• JoannaVO

But vaulting is different. It's required to continue a chase for a longer amount of time. Unhooking on the other hand should practically be done when the killer is not so closeby so the rescued survivor actually has a chance of escaping, don't see why unhook speed should be increased for this action as it would make no difference at all

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

@JoannaVO said:

I try to never unhook someone if the killer to close by.

• Slyther83

@NekoGamerX said:

@JoannaVO said:

I try to never unhook someone if the killer to close by.

Borrowed time is how you save camped survivors and the one on hook while exit gates are open

• Slyther83
    edited January 2019

@JoannaVO said:
    But vaulting is different. It's required to continue a chase for a longer amount of time. Unhooking on the other hand should practically be done when the killer is not so closeby so the rescued survivor actually has a chance of escaping, don't see why unhook speed should be increased for this action as it would make no difference at all

For killers sitting just outside of heartbeat or proxy camping or facecamping, this is a beneficial measure. Your argument otherwise would suggest that borrowed time be removed from the game entirely- but it has it's purpose as an anti-camp measure and as a result, faster unhook speed would synergize well with that.

• JoannaVO

@Slyther83 said:

@JoannaVO said:

For killers sitting just outside of heartbeat or proxy camping or facecamping, this is a beneficial measure. Your argument otherwise would suggest that borrowed time be removed from the game entirely- but it has it's purpose as an anti-camp measure and as a result, faster unhook speed would synergize well with that.

My argument states that borrowed time is not as efficient. Usually it's just swapping places on the hook, or the killer still goes after the same person. Borrowed time however does work out, but I wouldn't say the amount of time it works is super high, based on my own experience. And if you would like the benefits of faster unhooking, you can always choose to equip 'No One Left Behind' .

• Aven_Fallen
    Aven_Fallen Member Posts: 16,046

Cool, farming your Teammates even faster.

• GraviteaUK
    GraviteaUK Member Posts: 464

Why is this required again? it's a bloodpoint increase for taking hits for people and unhooking which you do anyway it's an added bonus.

If people are using it to farm that's a "Git Gud" problem, i personally only use it during events and always with BT.

• Tsulan
    Tsulan Member Posts: 15,095
    And the reason for that buff would be?
  • Bellers
    Bellers Member Posts: 19
    I see your point of wanting to buff WGLF because of its counterpoint, BBQ and Chili, and I would completely agree with you if this game wasn't asymmetrical. 

Its just in its nature for the killer perks to be stronger than the survivor perks, so i personally dont think WGLF should be buffed. Even so, as it is right now it's an amazing perk.