The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Thanatophobia Buff

Thanatophobia-
Original: Their courage fades in the face of their undeniable mortality. All Survivors receive penalties to Repair, Healing and Sabotage speeds for each Injured, Dying or hooked Survivor.

• 1 Injured, Dying or hooked Survivor: 4/5/6 % reduced action speed.
  • 2 Injured, Dying or hooked Survivors: 7/8/9 % reduced action speed.
  • 3 Injured, Dying or hooked Survivors: 10/11/12 % reduced action speed.
  • 4 Injured, Dying or hooked Survivors: 13/14/15 % reduced action speed.

Buff: All Survivors receive a 10% / 14% / 18% repair, healing, and sabotage speed penalty for each Dying or Hooked survivor.

Comments

• weirdkid5
    weirdkid5 Member Posts: 2,144
    The only buff Thana needs is to apply to DEAD Survivors as well. Makes no sense to me honestly. Thanatophobia is the fear of DEATH.

Pretty sure seeing your buddies die should instill the fear of God in you but whatever. Devs know best rite lmao
  • TheEdgeGamer
    TheEdgeGamer Member Posts: 26

To be honest, would be a good buff. It's true it would work better for dead survivors but we have Dying light for that. This buff would incentivize people to rescue their team-mates. Thanatophobia doesn't do much unless a lot of people are hurt. Plus if you ran Make your choice with it, then it would be an awesome circle of death. See what I did there. Lol.

• CL4P_TRAP_ER
    CL4P_TRAP_ER Member Posts: 114

@TheEdgeGamer said:
    To be honest, would be a good buff. It's true it would work better for dead survivors but we have Dying light for that. This buff would incentivize people to rescue their team-mates. Thanatophobia doesn't do much unless a lot of people are hurt. Plus if you ran Make your choice with it, then it would be an awesome circle of death. See what I did there. Lol.

I'm glad you see it the way I want it. Make altruism more necessary against some perks.It's either save them or have to take longer to repair this gen.

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243

Thanatophobia-
    Original: Their courage fades in the face of their undeniable mortality. All Survivors receive penalties to Repair, Healing and Sabotage speeds for each Injured, Dying or hooked Survivor.

• 1 Injured, Dying or hooked Survivor: 4/5/6 % reduced action speed.
    • 2 Injured, Dying or hooked Survivors: 7/8/9 % reduced action speed.
    • 3 Injured, Dying or hooked Survivors: 10/11/12 % reduced action speed.
    • 4 Injured, Dying or hooked Survivors: 13/14/15 % reduced action speed.

Buff: All Survivors receive a 10% / 14% / 18% repair, healing, and sabotage speed penalty for each Dying or Hooked survivor.

Wouldn't that encourage camping and slugging tho? I mean I don't mind slugging personality but camping is just boring for botb sides and we should avoid that.
  • AlwaysInAGoodShape
    AlwaysInAGoodShape Member Posts: 1,301
    edited January 2019

I like the injured idea better, and having it persist for dead survivors already makes the terrible late-game for survivors worse.

If you want thanatopobhia buffed while having death still be a factor yet keeping it healthy then try:

Thanatophobia:

For each Injured, Dying or hooked Survivor, survivors gain: 3/4/5 % reduced action speed.

For each dead survivor add + 4% reduced action speed when at least 1 survivor is injured.

That would mean that if everybody is healthy, the dead survivor wouldn't negatively effect the game, but if someone is injured they would.