The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

The solution to camping

Hello, people of the fog,

Everyone hate campers and want to make an end to it. Right now, there is a system that campers gets punished (just a little bit) if they stand too close to the hook. Personally, I only camp when I am frustrated (for example when I die because of other campers). The thing is that campers don't care AT ALL about ranks/pips/scores. With this, I say that the new punishment system doesn't work properly. Campers only want to kill people (to get that satisfying feeling of someone being mad).

I think I have the answer to make people stop camping; I think that if the killer stands too close to the hook, the sacrifice goes slower. The closer you are, the slower it goes (unless you are 16+ meters away OR if another survivor is close to the hook).

I know what you are thinking: "OK, but the killer can see how fast the sacrifice goes and he will know if another survivor is close". I think the killers shouldn't be allowed to see when the sacrifice goes into the 2nd/3rd state. However, I do think killers should be able to see (also from healthy survivors) in which state they are/they'll be if they get hooked.

Let me please know what you think of this idea. I just really want to make an end to camping.

Comments

• fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

Camping is likely to never end. It can be unpleasant for both sides, but sometimes it's necessary. If the killer camps, do gens. Punish what he's doing. Too many people feed into it and end up getting the whole team killed.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

@vVNootnootVv said:

Everyone hate campers and want to make an end to it. Right now, there is a system that campers gets punished (just a little bit) if they stand too close to the hook. Personally, I only camp when I am frustrated (for example when I die because of other campers). The thing is that campers don't care AT ALL about ranks/pips/scores. With this, I say that the new punishment system doesn't work properly. Campers only want to kill people (to get that satisfying feeling of someone being mad).

I think I have the answer to make people stop camping; I think that if the killer stands too close to the hook, the sacrifice goes slower. The closer you are, the slower it goes (unless you are 16+ meters away OR if another survivor is close to the hook).

I know what you are thinking: "OK, but the killer can see how fast the sacrifice goes and he will know if another survivor is close". I think the killers shouldn't be allowed to see when the sacrifice goes into the 2nd/3rd state. However, I do think killers should be able to see (also from healthy survivors) in which state they are/they'll be if they get hooked.

Let me please know what you think of this idea. I just really want to make an end to camping.

or run borrowed time and take hits

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@vVNootnootVv said:

Such a mechanic has already been abused in the first PTB and was discarded.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Tsulan said:
    Devs want killers to camp. Otherwise they wouldn't have nerfed BBQ. 
    By nerfing BBQ they increased the amount of camping. So be careful what you wish for.

Also insidious wouldn't exist in the first place. 

Well said

• twistedmonkey
    twistedmonkey Member Posts: 4,291
    The only way to stop a killer camping is to make it more worthwhile.

This means going after another survivor has to be so much more advantageous than that single kill, in terms of bloodpoints, emblem points and for those that don't care about the first two overall killing.
  • BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809

@vVNootnootVv said:

sounds good but for balance should be:

• if killer is close to the hooked surv AND is standing, then 10% slower sacrifice
    • if killer is far from the hooked surv, gens are done 2-5% slower
  • Tsulan said:
    By nerfing BBQ they increased the amount of camping. So be careful what you wish for.

I don't camp and I don't use B&C. 
  • fluffybunny
    fluffybunny Member Posts: 2,161

@gamerscrybecauseofme said:
    Tsulan said:

There's also other perks to let you know where the most pressure is. Discordance, for instance, and they've finally buffed surveillance. BBQ & C is really best for BP and can show where a survivor might be as they may have moved before you go over to them.

• Bravo0413
    Bravo0413 Member Posts: 3,647
    The solution to camping----------> do gens 
  • @gamerscrybecauseofme said:
    Tsulan said:

There's also other perks to let you know where the most pressure is. Discordance, for instance, and they've finally buffed surveillance. BBQ & C is really best for BP and can show where a survivor might be as they may have moved before you go over to them.

I was just disagreeing with the assertion that camping has increased since some nooby perk got a nerf. 
  • Hello, people of the fog,

Camping is a very basic strategy that works against very basic survivors. Survivors need to get gens done, as it will be the only way to discourage the killer. 

However, I do think camping needs to be discouraged. I am for timer stoppers, BP reduction, anything that punishes the killer for staying at the hook. I also agree, that a killer needs to get some kind of in game boost for a hook (like instant bloodlust level per hook made for next chase) 
  • Arccway
    Arccway Member Posts: 18
    Tsulan said:

Some killers apparently need a "Go here" sign and a boost to the metric fuckton of bloodpoints they already get as an incentive to move from the hook and actually play the game.

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    @vVNootnootVv like hundreds before you, you just posted a suggestion that has come up countless times, got answered, explained and debunked. And just like those hundreds, you didn't bother to DO A BLOODY SEARCH before making another spam discussion.

• Arroz
    Arroz Member Posts: 1,433

Let's just not give points of sacrifice is the killer is camping...