The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Survivors disconnect when they see a secret killer offering (mori) and don't get punished for it

When some survivors see a secret offering which usually means it's a mori, they disconnect in the loading screen and they don't get punished for it because the game hasn't even started.

They don't lose any pips or items whatsoever. This is a huge problem.

Comments

• Claudette_Baguette
    Claudette_Baguette Member Posts: 567
    edited January 2019

@Might_Oakk said:
    Killer shouldn't see survivor offerings until match ends and vice versa.

This would fix it!

The last week I always had someone disconnect when I use a mori offering. Always. This is so common right now.

Even at this very moment I am in a loading screen because someone disconnected. I used a mori offering because I saw that someone entered my lobby that said "#########" earlier and I'm sure it's the guy who will disconnect.

• Paddy4583
    Paddy4583 Member Posts: 864
    edited January 2019
    I don’t DC but 9/10 games this means you’re getting hooked and tunnelled for the duration of the game, bit like lobby dodging when SWF come in, just by passing it being at the time it can be reported and get you a ban.
  • ForeheadSurviors
    ForeheadSurviors Member Posts: 154
    I mean technically they’re not in the actual game so i don’t see why this bothers you unless you desperately wanted a 4k
  • Skairipa
    Skairipa Member Posts: 255

system punishes every player who disconnect

• MegaWaffle
    MegaWaffle Member Posts: 4,172

@Might_Oakk said:

I see no reason to not see map/point offerings but because there are NEXT TO NO SECRET OFFERINGS, the're not much of a secret. If they simply made the secret offerings not show up that would make more sense.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Claudette_Baguette said:

@Might_Oakk said:

This would fix it!

The last week I always had someone disconnect when I use a mori offering. Always. This is so common right now.

Even at this very moment I am in a loading screen because someone disconnected. I used a mori offering because I saw that someone entered my lobby that said "[BAD WORD]" earlier and I'm sure it's the guy who will disconnect.

Not really, the survivors would simply DC during the mori.

What needs to be done is REAL punishment for Dcs

• Detective_Jonathan
    Detective_Jonathan Member Posts: 1,165

And why does this bother you exactly? At the end of it all, you're still getting points and you're still getting a 3k, just take the win and move on. Since when did the actions of what a survivor does affect a killer....oh yea. I forgot, ya'll still get upset at tea-bagging and pointing. Never mind then.

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

@Detective_Jonathan said:
    And why does this bother you exactly? At the end of it all, you're still getting points and you're still getting a 3k, just take the win and move on. Since when did the actions of what a survivor does affect a killer....oh yea. I forgot, ya'll still get upset at tea-bagging and pointing. Never mind then.

3 man games aren't fun since the game is balanced around 4...

• Detective_Jonathan

@Might_Oakk said:

Who cares about their fun? If it bothers them so much then there is the "Leave Match" option right there. If they don't want to be in the game then they are free to leave. Not like it won't be counted against them anyways considering the devs don't do anything about dc'ing. Fun in this game is something that does not exist. You don't care about the others persons fun. Ever. No one does, No one ever will.

• Might_Oakk
    Might_Oakk Member Posts: 1,243

@Might_Oakk said:

Who cares about their fun? If it bothers them so much then there is the "Leave Match" option right there. If they don't want to be in the game then they are free to leave. Not like it won't be counted against them anyways considering the devs don't do anything about dc'ing. Fun in this game is something that does not exist. You don't care about the others persons fun. Ever. No one does, No one ever will.

Isn't fun for the killer. Some people enjoy competition...

• NMCKE
    NMCKE Member Posts: 8,243
    I mean technically they’re not in the actual game so i don’t see why this bothers you unless you desperately wanted a 4k.
    Your username explains how childish this statement is because DC'ing is never an answer to avoid something. You're ruining the experience of 4 players so congratulations because you didn't want a challenge unless you wanna get banned so I won't stop you there.
  • Detective_Jonathan

@Might_Oakk said:

@Might_Oakk said:

Like i said, i don't care about either sides fun. 3 man survivor team? Good for me, ez points. i'm on the 3 man team, fine by me. Gather as many points as i can, and if possible, loop the killer. Simple as that.

• Detective_Jonathan

@Nickenzie said:
    ForeheadSurviors said:

I mean technically they’re not in the actual game so i don’t see why this bothers you unless you desperately wanted a 4k.

Your username explains how childish this statement is because DC'ing is never an answer to avoid something. You're ruining the experience of 4 players so congratulations because you didn't want a challenge unless you wanna get banned so I won't stop you there.

Well according to some streamers, dc'ing is a useful tactic because they don't want to face the same scummy people again and again. Am i right lads or am i right lads?

• TragicSolitude
    TragicSolitude Member, Alpha Surveyor Posts: 7,136

The secret offerings shouldn't be shown and kept a secret; they should actually be hidden at the beginning of a match.

If you're only getting one disconnect at the beginning of a match, that's actually not so bad. I've seen matches where three of the four survivors will actually disconnect before the match loads up. Starting a match with only one survivor is really bad. If the killer has a "kill with their own hand" daily ritual they're trying to complete, having only one survivor in the match means Ivory and Ebony Moris are unusable. That's if the remaining survivor doesn't disconnect when they see they're the only one there.

The game should also be smarter about not using up offerings where there are disconnects (trying to help a friend with an achievement, burn my one map offering, the killer DCs as soon as the match loads, no more map offering), but that's a separate issue.

• I mean technically they’re not in the actual game so i don’t see why this bothers you unless you desperately wanted a 4k
    You don't see what the problem is, beyond the killer losing a very rare add on. 
  • starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889

@Might_Oakk said:

Because when a survivor dvs the killer is robbed of the bloodpoints AND emblem points that would allow them to pip besides it's clearly intended  as a middle finger to the killer when they DC during the animation when the game calculates it once the animation is finished just like with the sacrifice animation, it only counts once it finishes.
  • Lordkazu
    Lordkazu Member Posts: 46

stop using mori = not DC's

• mcNuggets
    mcNuggets Member Posts: 767

@Might_Oakk said:

Killers should see offerings.
    Survivors shouldn't see moris however.

• Detective_Jonathan

@starkiller1286 said:
    Detective_Jonathan said:

@Might_Oakk said:

Because when a survivor dvs the killer is robbed of the bloodpoints AND emblem points that would allow them to pip besides it's clearly intended  as a middle finger to the killer when they DC during the animation when the game calculates it once the animation is finished just like with the sacrifice animation, it only counts once it finishes.

The killer actually gets a quitter bonus from the dc, but you wouldn't know that because you probably DC when you see a 3 man game.

• Detective_Jonathan

@ShrimpTwiggs said:

@Might_Oakk said:

@Might_Oakk said:

Like i said, i don't care about either sides fun. 3 man survivor team? Good for me, ez points. i'm on the 3 man team, fine by me. Gather as many points as i can, and if possible, loop the killer. Simple as that.

Good thing we don't balance things around what you think, since you don't care about either side's fun. Imagine if the devs followed this logic.

At the end of the day, three-man games aren't how it should be.The survivor side will just get stomped if the killer knows what he's doing, and the killer will barely have a game. And even if the devs don't do enough about DCing, the other survivors will end up losing points, items, offerings, and time. More needs to be done against people who DC.

To an extent, I think we should care about the other side's fun. Not to the point where we get guilt tripped into playing by made-up rules or anything, but when there's an issue that impacts the game a lot, like DCing without punishment or imbalance, we should care enough to try and fix it.

No, not gonna happen. You have one side that complains if something is done with the other side, and you have another side that uses "Sweaty" add-ons just to get the 4k. Get over it, it's not something to be complaining about.

• Dokta_Carter
    Dokta_Carter Member Posts: 614
    edited January 2019

@ShrimpTwiggs said:

@Might_Oakk said:

@Might_Oakk said:

Good thing we don't balance things around what you think, since you don't care about either side's fun. Imagine if the devs followed this logic.

At the end of the day, three-man games aren't how it should be.The survivor side will just get stomped if the killer knows what he's doing, and the killer will barely have a game. And even if the devs don't do enough about DCing, the other survivors will end up losing points, items, offerings, and time. More needs to be done against people who DC.

To an extent, I think we should care about the other side's fun. Not to the point where we get guilt tripped into playing by made-up rules or anything, but when there's an issue that impacts the game a lot, like DCing without punishment or imbalance, we should care enough to try and fix it.

No, not gonna happen. You have one side that complains if something is done with the other side, and you have another side that uses "Sweaty" add-ons just to get the 4k. Get over it, it's not something to be complaining about.

@Detective_Jonathan dude. Are you defending this seriously? Didnt you have a post like... A week or so ago whining about DC? Iridescent Head to be exact?
  • starkiller1286
    starkiller1286 Member Posts: 889

@starkiller1286 said:
    Detective_Jonathan said:

@Might_Oakk said:

The killer actually gets a quitter bonus from the dc, but you wouldn't know that because you probably DC when you see a 3 man game.

You mean the rough 625 quitter bonus? Still no where near the sacrifice or Moro points and nice assuming.
  • Dokta_Carter
    Dokta_Carter Member Posts: 614

@starkiller1286 said:
    Detective_Jonathan said:

@Might_Oakk said:

You mean the rough 625 quitter bonus? Still no where near the sacrifice or Moro points and nice assuming.
    Yep. Wont get max points in sacrifice ether
  • scorpio
    scorpio Member Posts: 356

@ForeheadSurviors said:
    I mean technically they’re not in the actual game so i don’t see why this bothers you unless you desperately wanted a 4k

Because she loses her mori for it if they all DC or if the remaining survivors DC when the game loads?

• scorpio
    scorpio Member Posts: 356

Only if they don't all DC in loading or when the game loads in as a 3 v 1 which happens a lot. Waste of a mori.

• ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181

@ShrimpTwiggs said:

@Might_Oakk said:

@Might_Oakk said:

This isn't about one side or the other. This is about issues that affect everyone in the game in an unfair, unrestrained way. This isn't about 'sweaty' add-ons to get 4ks. This is about people DCing all the time with nothing being done. And I will not get over it, because it's a major issue right now and if we don't bring it up, then it'll stay a broken mess.

• Detective_Jonathan

@Dokta_Carter said:
    Detective_Jonathan said:

@ShrimpTwiggs said:

@Might_Oakk said:

@Might_Oakk said:

@Detective_Jonathan dude. Are you defending this seriously? Didnt you have a post like... A week or so ago whining about DC? Iridescent Head to be exact?

That was a full 4 man game. No 3 man, and i wasn't even whining about dc'ing, i was simply making a statement how you should not care about other peoples feelings in this game.

• ReneAensland
    ReneAensland Member Posts: 838

Then don't use Moris. People don't want their gameplay to be cut in half, not to mention tunnelled just because "Moris are funny."

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

I've seen both sides do it when they don't like either the offerings, map offerings or they wait until the game loads and don't like the map.

• HawkAyeTheNoo
    HawkAyeTheNoo Member Posts: 731
    When people have to leave they have to leave, just unfortunate for some its during the loading screen.

Could be an emergency, made nature calls and they have a turtles head, maybe wife/girlfriend/boyfriend gave them a wink and a nod or maybe they just dont want camped, tunneled and mori'd in a 3 min game. Could be a number of reasons though. 

Come to think of it, i havent been mori'd in months. Guess im just lucky. gg. 
  • Claudette_Baguette

Because 3v1 is boring as hell and unfair. 3v1 should never be a thing because the game is balanced around a 4v1. Usually a second survivor disconnects as well so it's a 2v1 and it's just a waste of offerings, addons and time.

• Claudette_Baguette

@Skairipa said:

No, if you disconnect (unplug) when you are not in the game yet the system thinks you didn't disconnect.

• Detective_Jonathan

Because 3v1 is boring as hell and unfair. 3v1 should never be a thing because the game is balanced around a 4v1. Usually a second survivor disconnects as well so it's a 2v1 and it's just a waste of offerings, addons and time.

Oh well then, not my problem.

• IamFran
    IamFran Member Posts: 1,616
    edited January 2019

I would make all offerings secret for the other side except party streamers and map offerings.

• Skairipa
    Skairipa Member Posts: 255
    edited January 2019

@Skairipa said:

No, if you disconnect (unplug) when you are not in the game yet the system thinks you didn't disconnect.

nope, a friend of mine get soft ban to do in this way, so doesnt work :)

• Tucking_Friggered
    Tucking_Friggered Member Posts: 636
    edited January 2019

@ShrimpTwiggs said:

@Might_Oakk said:

@Might_Oakk said:

The hanging of the lobby to the point people often quit to get out of that screen further increasing the problem is though. Be prepared to have it addressed in the future. It can take minutes for the game to read that loading screen quitter as "timed out". The more people abuse it, and it is being abused, the faster the fix will come.

• Detective_Jonathan

@Tucking_Friggered said:

@ShrimpTwiggs said:

@Might_Oakk said:

@Might_Oakk said:

The hanging of the lobby to the point people often quit to get out of that screen further increasing the problem is though. Be prepared to have it addressed in the future. It can take minutes for the game to read that loading screen quitter as "timed out". The more people abuse it, and it is being abused, the faster the fix will come.

Ask me if i give a #########.

• ShrimpTwiggs
    ShrimpTwiggs Member Posts: 1,181

@Tucking_Friggered said:

@ShrimpTwiggs said:

@Might_Oakk said:

@Might_Oakk said:

Ask me if i give a #########.

If you don't care then why bother commenting on the issue in the first place?

• branchini1979
    branchini1979 Member Posts: 295
    Simples, like how cannot see killers perks till end, should show All survivor/killer offerings at the end. 
  • Fenrir
    Fenrir Member Posts: 533
    Make it so all killers offering is a secret
  • Claudette_Baguette

I had 2 games today where 2 people disconnected and one game where 3 survivors disconnected becase the killer had a mori in the loading screen. Pathetic. This should be punished way more. When I play killer and survivors disconnect I lose all my items and its boring to just have a 2vs1 game...

• Claudette_Baguette

It's insane. I have 2 mori dailies and whenever I use a mori I at least have someone disconnect during the loading screen and then someone else kills themselves or disconnects ingame. PUNISH DCs!

• artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519
    removing moris works too
  • Ihatelife
    Ihatelife Member Posts: 5,069

they have to punish survivors for disconnecting. I always have seomeone DC when I use a mori

And reward the players who stays in the game.