Dead by Daylight should no longer be affected by an outage. Players logging into the game between September 26 3PM ET and September 28th 3PM ET will receive 1M Bloodpoints as compensation.

"Where was the hatch?" feature

When you die and you are the last surv looking for the hatch, a fast zoom for few secs goes where the hatch was

agree?

Comments

• Gorgonia
    Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607
    It would be fun: damn, it was right next to that spot I just ran by, silly me *kills himself*
  • George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270

Absolutely. I'd love it!

Once the current bugs are fixed. Duh.

• AlwaysInAGoodShape
    AlwaysInAGoodShape Member Posts: 1,301

I think there's not a single person that hasn't had this thought randomly xD

Good idea.

• Orion
    Orion Member Posts: 21,675
    edited January 2019

I like it. It should be for both the Killer and Survivor, though. Sometimes I wonder where it is while playing Killer as well...

• artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519
    would be great for learning spawn locations of the hatch
  • BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809

lol first time we see a 100% agreement in a suggestion

did u hear that @not_Queen ? :chuffed:

• BigBadPiggy
    BigBadPiggy Member Posts: 678

@BACKSTABBER said:
    lol first time we see a 100% agreement in a suggestion

did u hear that @not_Queen ? :chuffed:

Agreed. This is absolutely shocking XD

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@BACKSTABBER said:
    When you die and you are the last surv looking for the hatch, a fast zoom for few secs goes where the hatch was

agree?

Nice to have, but BHVR has to fix a lot of major problems before even thinkign about stuff like this

• Grim
    Grim Member Posts: 250

@Master said:

@BACKSTABBER said:

Nice to have, but BHVR has to fix a lot of major problems before even thinkign about stuff like this

Agreed. Adding this feature right now would only promote the hatch stand off.

• artist
    artist Member Posts: 1,519
    Grim said:

@Master said:

@BACKSTABBER said:

h o w
  • HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
    edited January 2019
    Kinda same would be nice for hatchets downs when the range was 30+ meters or so, something like deathcams from known shooter games.
  • BigBadPiggy
    BigBadPiggy Member Posts: 678
    Grim said:

@Master said:

@BACKSTABBER said:

How would it promote it when it would show the hatch, when everyone dies. Giving you a sense of “oh, that’s where it was”
  • Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    With limited hatch spawn locations you could basically memorize about where every hatch spawn is, though, no?
  • Luc_ius
    Luc_ius Member Posts: 155

I was thinking many times about that :). Agree.

• XavierBoah17
    XavierBoah17 Member Posts: 204
    Kinda same would be nice for hatchets downs when the range was 30+ meters or so, something like deathcams from known shooter games.
    Killcams lol
  • Aftertaste
    Aftertaste Member Posts: 315

Agree. It'll be interesting :) I always think where the hell the hatch was :D

• Gorgonia
    Gorgonia Member Posts: 1,607
    Killcams lol
    It’s always nice to see how that antiterrorist was camping that spot until he saw you and BANG game over
  • Milord
    Milord Member Posts: 273
    Or we could make it as a Dora the Explorer cameo, "Do you see the hatch?".
  • Dreamnomad
    Dreamnomad Member Posts: 3,862

It's a good idea. Honestly shouldn't take too much effort to make that happen. It could even be an option so people who don't like it can turn it off.

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068

@Orion said:
    I like it. It should be for both the Killer and Survivor, though. Sometimes I wonder where it is while playing Killer as well...

Same and my hatch finding skills are legendarily bad playing both sides and it's 90% of the time the last place on the map I look. The other 10% is spit in half with 5% being I just randomly find it while chasing someone as killer and 5% I just stumble across it without looking for it.

• NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

@BACKSTABBER said:

agree?

this music plays after the zoom in
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LukyMYp2noo

• BACKSTABBER
    BACKSTABBER Member Posts: 1,809

@not_Queen said:
    Seems like a nice feature, and it's great to see you all agree for once. ;)
    Let me be frank with you: I wouldn't get my hopes up.
    We have a lot to do before we look into something like this.
    EDIT: I still added it on the Feature Community backlog list. Let's see what the Designers think about it :)

Imma slam a bottle of vodka in 15 secs to celebrate it!

• powerbats
    powerbats Member Posts: 7,068
    edited January 2019

@Rebel_Raven said:
    With limited hatch spawn locations you could basically memorize about where every hatch spawn is, though, no?

You could add in more possible spawn locations to counter it then since even if you've got it memorized the killer still moves faster although it depends on where people are standing.

I can't find the video clip but there's a Bug's Bunny episode where Elmer Fudd is tracking him with a tracking item and bugs tells him you're getting warmer/colder. That comes to mind when thinking about hey you're getting warmer/colder when looking for the hatch.

• NoShinyPony
    NoShinyPony Member Posts: 4,570

Nice idea!
    I hope it can be implemented at some point in the future. :)