The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Render issues since 2.5

Since 2.5 i get render issues in DbD meaning some objects stay black untill you come closer and if go further away again they turn black again like on the following screenshoots:

This is pretty annyoing and happns on all maps. Never had this before 2.5 same goes for all of my friends who play dbd.

Comments

• FireHazard
    FireHazard Member Posts: 7,314

The real issue here is that you have NOED on Nurse.

Jokes aside, I've never seen that before in any of my games and I play on High/Ultra. Perhaps its something to do with your settings or hardware itself?

• Crythor
    Crythor Member Posts: 296

@FireHazard said:

Jokes aside, I've never seen that before in any of my games and I play on High/Ultra. Perhaps its something to do with your settings or hardware itself?

It seems to be happening more on low settings (Which i currently use) but not exclusively.

My hardware is not the problem i got a i5 4690k and gtx 980 ti and 16gb of ram.

• FireHazard

@Crythor said:

@FireHazard said:

It seems to be happening more on low settings (Which i currently use) but not exclusively.

Have you tried playing on anything but low, or does it yield the same results?

• Crythor

@FireHazard said:

@Crythor said:

@FireHazard said:

It happens on Ultra too BUT you have to be way further away from the object then on low. Which is why on Ultra you dont notice it often. Here i have a screenshoot on of it on ultra if you go any closer its no longer black (talking about the house)

And this is how close you can be on low (1 step closer and its no longer black):

So its a generell problem but much more noticable on low then on any of the higher settings. However BEFORE patch 2.5 this never happened on any setting be it low or ultra. The reason why i currently play on low is not my pc but that since the lighting update all but low seems way too dark on my monitor and low for some reason is way brighter.

This needs fixing anyway though its a render bug introduced with 2.5 (never had it before or in any other game)

• FireHazard

@Crythor said:

@FireHazard said:

@Crythor said:

@FireHazard said:

It happens on Ultra too BUT you have to be way further away from the object then on low. Which is why on Ultra you dont notice it often. Here i have a screenshoot on of it on ultra if you go any closer its no longer black (talking about the house)

And this is how close you can be on low (1 step closer and its no longer black):

So its a generell problem but much more noticable on low then on any of the higher settings. However BEFORE patch 2.5 this never happened on any setting be it low or ultra. The reason why i currently play on low is not my pc but that since the lighting update all but low seems way too dark on my monitor and low for some reason is way brighter.

This needs fixing anyway though its a render bug introduced with 2.5 (never had it before or in any other game)

I see what you mean, since 2.5 a lot of things were messed up, (Especially haddonfields intro music Rip ears) so this doesn't surprise me that another issue like this has come up. What confuses me is that I don't get this issue, so it has to do with something in your PC itself.

Perhaps you can try running the game on High for now while also tinkering with some of the settings and check your PC as well. That's really the best advice I can give until another patch comes out fixing some more of the issues that 2.5 brought to the table.

• Crythor

@FireHazard said:

@Crythor said:

@FireHazard said:

@Crythor said:

@FireHazard said:

I see what you mean, since 2.5 a lot of things were messed up, (Especially haddonfields intro music Rip ears) so this doesn't surprise me that another issue like this has come up. What confuses me is that I don't get this issue, so it has to do with something in your PC itself.

Perhaps you can try running the game on High for now while also tinkering with some of the settings and check your PC as well. That's really the best advice I can give until another patch comes out fixing some more of the issues that 2.5 brought to the table.

I know other people who have this issue too though. So its not specifically my PC. They just dont post on the forum.

• FireHazard

@Crythor said:

@FireHazard said:

@Crythor said:

@FireHazard said:

@Crythor said:

@FireHazard said:

I know other people who have this issue too though. So its not specifically my PC. They just dont post on the forum.

Strange, perhaps it effects some players. Specifically why is unknown as of now.

• AntiJelly
    AntiJelly Member Posts: 1,155

This is a problem only when you use low to medium settings. On consoles, this happens in every match.

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
    Take a look at your fps. I got a fps boost with this render bug, I like it lol
  • Poweas
    Poweas Member Posts: 5,873

yeah this happens a lot. it's a little bug. Btw, why use NOED on Nurse? She has chases that are literally 4-5 seconds long. Are you still learning or do you not have anything better to use like Franklins?

• HavelmomDaS1
    HavelmomDaS1 Member Posts: 1,948
    Poweas said:

yeah this happens a lot. it's a little bug. Btw, why use NOED on Nurse? She has chases that are literally 4-5 seconds long. Are you still learning or do you not have anything better to use like Franklins?

Probably learning, she has omega blink aswell. Usually overkill to use noed on Nurse, especially with these addons.
  • FireHazard

@Crythor said:
    Since 2.5 i get render issues in DbD meaning some objects stay black untill you come closer and if go further away again they turn black again like on the following screenshoots:

This is pretty annyoing and happns on all maps. Never had this before 2.5 same goes for all of my friends who play dbd.

An update to your issue, I had a match with this exact same problem except it wasn't as bad. It seems with 2.5 brought this small bug to haddonfield. (That and the amazing audio ear #########) so this sheds some light on your issue as I seem to have developed this issue now myself.

Perhaps it periodically happens, but regardless this seems to just be a small bug that will probably get fixed with haddonfields audio.

• Crythor

@not_Queen @Peanits @Patricia

Is BHVR aware of this bug? Or do you need more info?

Another picture:

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

@Crythor said:
    @not_Queen @Peanits @Patricia

Is BHVR aware of this bug? Or do you need more info?

Another picture:

The map pressure tho

• PatBrutal
    PatBrutal Member Posts: 566

Hello thanks for sharing, we will send this to our team.
    Also if you can add a short video this could help too.
    Thanks!

• PatBrutal
    PatBrutal Member Posts: 566

I've just spoken with the art team and they wanted that silhouette effect on further objects but in this case, there is some that are not supposed to be that dark while close to another object (if that make sense). They are aware of this. Thanks again!

• Crythor

@Patricia said:
    Hello thanks for sharing, we will send this to our team.
    Also if you can add a short video this could help too.
    Thanks!

Here i have a small video with some examples and compare Ultra details to low. It shows that the issue is much more extreme on low then on ultra details.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cqPUhzEomk