Never forget that when played optimally...

Goldengeartwo
Goldengeartwo Member Posts: 79
edited January 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions
Survivors are completely busted. Gens can be popped so fast, Hex: Ruin or no, that The Killer barely has time to get more than a couple hooks. No matter what map presence or perks you have to counteract it, Survivors had the swift abilitiy to completely thwart it. 

In fact, unless you're a Nurse, the most you'll end up hoping for against an optimal team is a black pip. 

Comments

• BlackReaper
    BlackReaper Member Posts: 134

@Goldengeartwo said:
    Survivors are completely busted. Gens can be popped so fast, Hex: Ruin or no, that The Killer barely has time to get more than a couple hooks. No matter what map presence or perks you have to counteract it, Survivors had the swift abilitiy to completely thwart it. 

In fact, unless you're a Nurse, the most you'll end up hoping for against an optimal team is a black pup. 

you damn right, thats why i use a late game build perks, so the gen rush isnt that bad.

• Goldengeartwo
    Goldengeartwo Member Posts: 79

@Goldengeartwo said:

In fact, unless you're a Nurse, the most you'll end up hoping for against an optimal team is a black pup. 

you damn right, thats why i use a late game build perks, so the gen rush isnt that bad.

Weirdly enough I seem to have more luck with Freddy, the only Killer I use and end-game build on. I suppose since End-Game comes so fast, it's not a bad idea to use such a build with how quick the gens get completed now.  
  • Kind_Lemon
    Kind_Lemon Member Posts: 2,559

@Goldengeartwo said:
    Survivors are completely busted. Gens can be popped so fast, Hex: Ruin or no, that The Killer barely has time to get more than a couple hooks. No matter what map presence or perks you have to counteract it, Survivors had the swift ability to completely thwart it. 

In fact, unless you're a Nurse, the most you'll end up hoping for against an optimal team is a black pip. 

And what do you define as optimal? Survivors having the most fun? Survivors getting all they want out of a trial i.e. an item for each, max bps, etc.? Escaping? I'm thinking you mean escaping, but that's not all the game is about, but unfortunately the developers have made it such.

• Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

It's true. Luckily the average survivor even at rank 1 makes lots of mistakes. However when you actually get a good group or a SWF you really see how busted it can be. If the survivors don't make mistakes you lose. There are only a few killers that can actually make plays happen without needing the survivors to mess up which is why they are at the top. This is basically the issue you get when the devs balance the game around low ranks.

• Master
    Master Member Posts: 10,200

@Goldengeartwo said:

So what? The devs already know that the game is unbalanced.
    What are you trying to prove with the depip experiment (oh sorry, thread), whats the point?

• Slayer
    Slayer Member Posts: 1,148
    edited February 2019
    You said it yourself unless you re nurse . So why wont you play nurse the only balanced killer? I have no issues playing nurse however i think her addons make her completely broken so i play without them. Dont complain about gen rush if nurse can prevent it if she played right complain about weak killers ask for their buffs dont ask for gens getting longer to fix
  • CyanideCandy
    CyanideCandy Member Posts: 30
    edited February 2019
    Slayer said:
    You said it yourself unless you re nurse . So why wont you play nurse the only balanced killer? I have no issues playing nurse however i think her addons make her completely broken so i play without them. Dont complain about gen rush if nurse can prevent it if she played right complain about weak killers ask for their buffs dont ask for gens getting longer to fix
    Because there's 14 killers in the game and we shouldn't all have to play the same one just to feel remotely powerful in an asymmetrical game.

1v4 only works when the 1 has as much or a bit more power than the 4 and they have to use numbers and coordinate to defeat the 1. As it stands a good killer is usually about as powerful as 2 good survivors (when they don't mess up) when it comes down to perks and abilities in looping etc. Nurse is powerful because she can negate loops, pallets and windows and zip across the map faster than anyone else, not because she's balanced. She sits outside of the normal rules of the game when her ability is used appropriately.

Every other killer is still playing a 1v4 match and so should be strong enough to perform handle that, not left behind with "just play the nurse" as the excuse. Right now, most of them aren't even close and using them is pretty much asking to have a really rough time. Again, unless the survivors you face end up being incompetant. 
    (Edited to fix a spelling issue)
    Post edited by CyanideCandy on
  • Blueberry
    Blueberry Member Posts: 13,590

@CyanideCandy said:
    Slayer said:

Because there's 14 killers in the game and we shouldn't all have to play the same one just to feel remotely powerful in an asymmetrical game.

1v4 only works when the 1 has as much or a bit more power than the 4 and they have to use numbers and coordinate to defeat the 1. As it stands a good killer is usually about as powerful as 2 good survivors (when they don't mess up) when it comes down to perks and abilities in looping etc. Nurse is powerful because she can negate loops, pallets and windows and zip across the map faster than anyone else, not because she's balanced. She sits outside of the normal rules of the game when her ability is used appropriately.

Every other killer is still playing a 1v4 match and so should be strong enough to perform handle that, not left behind with "just play the nurse" as the excuse. Right now, most of them aren't even close and using them is pretty much asking to have a really rough time. Again, unless the survivors you face end up being incompetant. 

Yeah a lot of the killers could use some buffs, including making them way less addon dependent. In the dev streams they keep conflating us asking for most killers to be rank 1 viable as we want all killers to be a nurse level of powerful which just isn't what we are saying.

• CyanideCandy
    edited February 2019

@Blueberry said:
    Yeah a lot of the killers could use some buffs, including making them way less addon dependent. In the dev streams they keep conflating us asking for most killers to be rank 1 viable as we want all killers to be a nurse level of powerful which just isn't what we are saying.

Exactly. 100% agree. It doesn't make any sense to not even try to make killers closer to one another in power level. Your choice of killer should be a choice in play-style preference and/or theme if anything, NOT in whether you want to win or lose. I personally prefer Spirit for example and I think she's in a pretty good spot overall. Poor Freddy on the other hand... Either way, generators still get finished WAY too fast if the survivors are even remotely organized or experienced and perks likes the current prove thyself really make that problem worse.

• Slayer

@CyanideCandy said:
    Slayer said:

so nurse is not balanced because she is powerful and actually able to crash survivors? She can zip across the map faster than anyone else ? Do you even play nurse?

• NathanExplosion
    NathanExplosion Member Posts: 337

@Goldengeartwo said:

We know, it's been years peoples repeat it, and nothing realy change.

Oh no, i forgot...

We got told this :

• Bongbingbing
    Bongbingbing Member Posts: 1,423

It's a shame that the game neglects most of the Killers, They are such a unique and fun aspect to the game but if you want to play well your choices go from 14 to about 4 Killers.
    The game needs Balance to have Variety but they said it themselves, "You want to win, play billy or nurse".
    I'd say they should make stronger killers from now on if they have no intention of changing things but again they said themselves they don't make killers to be viable.

Judging by past statements and actions, It's clear they have no intention of balancing Survivors and Killers.

• Sn0wJob
    Sn0wJob Member Posts: 247

If you aren't playing a top tier, the best you can hope for even with ultra rares/pink mori is basically a 2k.
    Optimal survivor is insane, we just don't talk about it because it's a bit more rare to see people playing optimally.

• Slayer

@NathanExplosion said:

@Goldengeartwo said:

We know, it's been years peoples repeat it, and nothing realy change.

Oh no, i forgot...

We got told this :

Someone was complaining about how stressful it is to play a killer so he said him to play survivor for a change or something else what is so funny there? It happens when you always play one side especially killer because of poor FOV

• Mister_xD
    Mister_xD Member Posts: 7,669

thats why Bloodwarden made it to my #1 most favourite perk in this game xD

I LOVE IT!

• CyanideCandy
    edited February 2019

@Slayer said:
    so nurse is not balanced because she is powerful and actually able to crash survivors? She can zip across the map faster than anyone else ? Do you even play nurse?

Think you missed my point entirely. I wasn't commenting on wether she's balanced. The part where I used the word balance I was more referring to the wide gap in capability between her and other killers because of her ability to just ignore so many mechanics in the game. I wasn't saying she was op, just that she isn't powerful because of any attempt at being balanced. Her ability throws all of the mechanics that the devs use to "balance" every other killer out the window and that is what makes her strong. And I take no issue with her being strong, I love her just like she is.
    I just don't think the gap in potential between her and everyone else should be as wide as it is. None of the killers are balanced with each other at all and nurse sits squarely at the top because the one biggest problem killers face from survivors she breaks and she's the only one who really can. Loops, pallets, windows, none of it works if the nurse knows how to play.
    My comment was more to suggest other killers should be closer in power level to her, but didn't need to be quite as powerful. I just want the option to play a different killer without it being an outright self handicap. There shouldn't just be 1 or 2 strong killers, they should all be strong. That's why there's 1 killer against 4 survivors, not multiple killers.

• Slayer

@CyanideCandy said:

@Slayer said:

Think you missed my point entirely. I wasn't commenting on wether she's balanced. The part where I used the word balance I was more referring to the wide gap in capability between her and other killers because of her ability to just ignore so many mechanics in the game. I wasn't saying she was op, just that she isn't powerful because of any attempt at being balanced. Her ability throws all of the mechanics that the devs use to "balance" every other killer out the window and that is what makes her strong. And I take no issue with her being strong, I love her just like she is.
    I just don't think the gap in potential between her and everyone else should be as wide as it is. None of the killers are balanced with each other at all and nurse sits squarely at the top because the one biggest problem killers face from survivors she breaks and she's the only one who really can. Loops, pallets, windows, none of it works if the nurse knows how to play.
    My comment was more to suggest other killers should be closer in power level to her, but didn't need to be quite as powerful. I just want the option to play a different killer without it being an outright self handicap. There shouldn't just be 1 or 2 strong killers, they should all be strong. That's why there's 1 killer against 4 survivors, not multiple killers.

Not really dude, Billy doesnt deny pallets loops etc but he still strong you can still create a killer that follows "walking killers " mechanic and they still can be strong.