The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

Pinhead's Mechanics?

RabidWabbitz
RabidWabbitz Member Posts: 93
edited January 2019 in General Discussions

I am just curious on what everyone would think of Pinhead and how his attacks would work? Would he use the puzzle box for his attacks, would he have a sickle? and would he walk or float around? Tell me what the community thinks would be the reasons to bring him in VS why he wouldn't work also? I personally want him badly to be a part of the DBD game and since hooks are kind of his thing I think it would be a match made in Hell! lol

Comments

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    Well, the first major mechanic is the fact that he doesn't really run around killing people. 
    Like some of the best of killers, he has rules.

He must be summoned by use of the puzzle box.

He doesn't necessarily go after who opened it because it requires desire to open the box. If the person that desires the box open isn't the person that opens it, he goes after the person with the desire instead.

Unless a survivor finds the puzzle box, essentially knows what it is, desires it opened, and has it opened, pinhead would not be summoned in the first place. That means pinhead would just be a puzzle box sitting somewhere while survivors try to eacape.

He usually goes after extremely hedonistic people, too. None of the survivors fit the bill too well.
    He is way more reasonable than most killers since he can be bargained with.

I don't see him working, realistically. The rules don't support him being a killer too well.

If he does happen to appear, I imagine he would walk slowly, and snipe people with chains, or telepathically hurl things at people. 
    His mori would either be ripping the flesh off a person, or turning them into a cinobite with hellish machinery which would lead to some, hopefully neat custom moris.

If it were Frank, or whazzername trying to escape, and get their flesh back maybe?

I love the first halfish of the hellraiser series of movies.
  • Zarathos
    Zarathos Member Posts: 1,911
    Pinheads mechanics has been touched upon by the community before. His movement should probably be 110% or 4.4ms. As a killer he is often depicted as calm slowly making his way towards his opponet.

The idea of a chain that grabs survivours and pulls them in was also an idea some have played around with the specifics of what blocks it or how far it can go should be left to the balance team and ptb. 

My idea for him is to have his hook mechanics change. Pinhead should have the ability to extend the unhook process via chains that must be broken/cleansed/sabotaged. This power depending on its difficulty will probably only be useable on an indivigual survivour once. 

The puzzle box is iconic however I'm not sure how you could work it in. It would be intriguing if we got a new survivour item with this killer that could be the puzzle box. The box could allow survivours to see the current state of gens at the risk of revealing there position to the killer whilst channeling for info similar to a map. It could also spot hex totems if like the map you are in range of the hex totem. Similar to how maps track objectives and miscellaneous stuff.

The puzzle box provides additional information on objectives at the cost of revealing the survivours position. Which would suit the theme of the puzzle box from the movies. 

I reckon these ideas would make this chapter very special if it was to happen. 
  • RabidWabbitz

I think any killer could be used in DBD as long as they take a bit of time making sure it fits with the movies. Hopefully they never release a licensed killer again and give them powers that they don't have like Freddy and his Sandman powers. We don't want to see that again!

• Perhaps the puzzle box could be a perk that reveals the auras of survivors opening chests in a radius and while opening chests they are exposed.
  • RabidWabbitz
    edited February 2019

@DudeDelicious said:
    How about ignoring the lore here. What if gens were invisible and unable to be repaired, and interact with the exit gate switches unless a survivor locates the puzzle box (highlighted by an aura) and summons pinhead. Pinhead can’t injure or interact with survivors at all unless he’s summoned and remains invisible till he is  (a bit like Freddy). Pinhead can choose to “un summon” himself at any time because his power will be that he can rapidly speed up gen regression AND (when applicable) regress exit switch progression, applying constant pressure by a survivor needing to choose who will return to the puzzle box. A survivor that takes the risk of summoning pinhead is rewarded with tremendously increased action speed BUT suffers from exposed until they are downed or pinhead chooses to “un summon” to perform the regression power. 

interesting take on things. I like it but I see the whiners freaking out on this as a killer. killers get mad if they can't hit people all of the time.

Post edited by RabidWabbitz on