The Dead by Daylight team would like your feedback in a Player Satisfaction survey! https://dbd.game/4dbgMEM

What main am I?

Poweas
Poweas Member Posts: 5,873
edited January 2019 in General Discussions

So I like to think of myself as a neutral player but obviously that isn't true anymore. I almost never play survivor now because I find it downright boring compared to killer. I'm constantly playing Billy and trying to learn Spirit (btw whispers on her is amazingly efficient). Despite this, however, I always side with survivor in the forums and I want solo survivor to be buffed and made more fun?

Which side am I currently maining?

Comments

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

@Poweas said:
    So I like to think of myself as a neutral player but obviously that isn't true anymore. I almost never play survivor now because I find it downright boring compared to killer. I'm constantly playing Billy and trying to learn Spirit (btw whispers on her is amazingly efficient). Despite this, however, I always side with survivor in the forums and I want solo survivor to be buffed and made more fun?

what do you play the most?

• George_Soros
    George_Soros Member Posts: 2,270
    Poweas said:

"Maining" is for simpletons. Play each side, try out every killer, and hate everyone equally.
  • Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    IMO, it's entirely possible to not be a main.

Mains, IMO, play one role the overwhelming majority of the time and likely do not appreciate being on the other side.
  • NekoGamerX
    NekoGamerX Member Posts: 5,277

@Master said:
    Do you think killers are OP? => Survivor main
    Do you think survivor are OP? => killer main

DO you think the game is balanced? => BHVR main

I think players are OP

• Poweas

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@Poweas said:

Killer undoubtedly.

• Poweas

@Rebel_Raven said:

Mains, IMO, play one role the overwhelming majority of the time and likely do not appreciate being on the other side.

So neutral?

• Poweas

@Master said:
    Do you think killers are OP? => Survivor main
    Do you think survivor are OP? => killer main

DO you think the game is balanced? => BHVR main

Both are op in certain points. For example, Nurse. another example, DS.

• Hoodied
    Hoodied Member Posts: 13,018

@Poweas said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@Poweas said:

Killer undoubtedly.

so you are a killer main

• Vietfox
    Vietfox Member Posts: 3,823

Wait, i call myself survivor main because i play more as a survivor than as a killer, but it's just 60/40.
  • GrootDude
    GrootDude Member Posts: 14,110
    I think the game is semi-balanced, but I typically side with killers on the forums and I play survivor slightly more. But I like to consider myself neutral.
  • Poweas

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@Poweas said:

@ToxicFengM1n said:

@Poweas said:

Killer undoubtedly.

so you are a killer main

Don't expect me to be sticking up for killers though ;)

• BigBubs
    BigBubs Member Posts: 1,131

Mains are biased.
    Are you biased? No? Then you are not a main of any side.

• Rebel_Raven
    Rebel_Raven Member Posts: 1,775
    Vietfox said:

Wait, i call myself survivor main because i play more as a survivor than as a killer, but it's just 60/40.
    It's all good. I'm not one to want to tell people what to do, so you do you.

I play about the same. Usually what the rituals are when I catch up since my schedule gets in the way.
    I don't consider myself a main. 
    I like survivor play because it's less stress.
    I like killer for the stuff leading up to the hooking.
  • ad19970
    ad19970 Member Posts: 6,356

I mean I play more killer as well and I'd like to see some solo survivor only buffs as well. But only alongside some killer buffs, with the exception of top tier killers, which are in my eyes Nurse, Billy, Spirit and Hag.

• Poweas

@ad19970 said:
    I mean I play more killer as well and I'd like to see some solo survivor only buffs as well. But only alongside some killer buffs, with the exception of top tier killers, which are in my eyes Nurse, Billy, Spirit and Hag.

YOU SIR, THINK EXACTLY LIKE ME. You even nailed my tierlist.

• Poweas

@BigBubs said:
    Mains are biased.
    Are you biased? No? Then you are not a main of any side.

Ok.

• White_Owl
    White_Owl Member Posts: 3,786
    edited January 2019

If we're talking about forums, it really depends. If you say something killer mains don't like you're a survivor main, viceversa you're a killer main if you say something survivor mains don't like. In any case you suck at X role and need to git gud.

Outside of forums you're a smart person that understands with only one role there would be no game.

• jobasco
    jobasco Member Posts: 32

Maining refers to which character/side you gravitate towards...

For example, I personally prefer to play survivor but will play killer occasionally. I consider myself a survivor main for this reason.

If you play both survivor and killer equally or don't have a preference, then I would consider that as a neutral playstyle. You don't have to have a main!

• Peanits
    Peanits Dev, Community Manager Posts: 7,522
    Whatever you play most. If you play both often you don't have to have a ''main". Just because you play one side more than the other doesn't mean you gotta' defend your side and ask for buffs either. I feel like the best feedback comes from someone who can look at something objectively anyway, not just someone who's looking out for their own best interests.