killers should have home field advantage....

Options

killers should be able to set their map preference just like on kyf. their preference should play the same as an offering would. the killer could set his preference to random if he so chose but i think this would be somewhat helpful in providing a balance....

Comments

• deadwolfwalking
    deadwolfwalking Member Posts: 624
    Options

@Dwight_Confusion
    i don't think you would have the same maps. i play billy and one of my favorite maps is Lerys Memorial. i played kyf so much and all my friends picked it as a joke to tax my patience.... finally, i played it so often, i've come to prefer it.... i'm sure there are a wide variety of killers who enjoy oddball maps....

• deadwolfwalking
    Options

thats true. but if 3 or 4 survivors play offerings, you have no chance of going there at all.

• RSB
    RSB Member Posts: 2,258
    Options

@Dwight_Confusion said:
    The issue is that you'd have the same maps constantly.

The offering map thing is completely fine the way it is, they just need to rework a few maps to freshen them up.

A fresh coat of paint is the way to go.

4 survivors' offerings versus killer's one is not fine, as well as fog offerings.

• deadwolfwalking
    Options

@RSB

exactly....

• Jack11803
    Jack11803 Member Posts: 3,930
    edited June 2018
    Options

Rotten Fields. Billy. BBQ... Absolute Hell

• deadwolfwalking
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

swf, brand new parts, ds.... totally fine?

• SovererignKing
    SovererignKing Member Posts: 1,273
    Options
    Truthfully, they just need certain map restrictions for certain Killers. Billy and Nurse can’t get Lery’s. Doctor can’t get The Game as his TR covers the whole map easy. 

Some maps are just too too one sided for Killers and too one sided for Survivors if it’s a certain Killer.
  • Dwight_Confusion
    Dwight_Confusion Member Posts: 1,650
    Options

I think some of you are overthinking this. I'm a killer main.

THey just need to balance out certain maps some.

• Jack11803
    Options

@deadwolfwalking said:

@Jack11803 said:

A wrong never rights a wrong, especially seeing how this is about map choice, meaning I could do that combo every game. SWF is not every game, brand new parts aren’t either, and even DS. Plus there’s the fact you would stomp solo players. And payback for d-strike, the one common thing that’s happen almost every game, is not an easy 4K wipe

• Jack11803
    edited June 2018
    Options

@deadwolfwalking
    Also, personal pet peeve, but many share it; what-about-ism (what you used) usually is just an appeal that’s like “well, I don’t care if so in so gets screwed over, because I did.” It’s like refusing to help a burning ship, saying it’s ok, because your ship has been set on fire before

• deadwolfwalking
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

@deadwolfwalking said:

@Jack11803 said:

A wrong never rights a wrong, especially seeing how this is about map choice, meaning I could do that combo every game. SWF is not every game, brand new parts aren’t either, and even DS. Plus there’s the fact you would stomp solo players. And payback for d-strike, the one common thing that’s happen almost every game, is not an easy 4K wipe

by map preference, i mean an area. not a particular map.... granted there are areas with only one map. but its not that big of deal. just a question.... everybody calm down....

• ThePloopz
    ThePloopz Member Posts: 1,010
    Options
    Wouldn’t this defeat the entire purpose of map offerings? What wrong with the map offerings? 
  • deadwolfwalking
    Options

@Jack11803 said:
    @deadwolfwalking
    Also, personal pet peeve, but many share it; what-about-ism (what you used) usually is just an appeal that’s like “well, I don’t care if so in so gets screwed over, because I did.” It’s like refusing to help a burning ship, saying it’s ok, because your ship has been set on fire before

i'll be honest.... i don't give a **** about survivors.... less everyday. because as i find myself trying to play a fair game, i deal with more and more bullshit from little ochido clones.... i'd be perfectly content if they all started on the hook and only the ones that jumped off would be allowed to continue.... :D

• deadwolfwalking
    Options

@ThePloopz said:
    Wouldn’t this defeat the entire purpose of map offerings? What wrong with the map offerings? 

nothing.... except that theres no counter for the killer....

• ThePloopz
    Options
    What do you mean counter who/what are you countering 
  • deadwolfwalking
    Options

a counter to map selection. if 2 survivors play the same map offering, a killers map offering takes a dive.... by giving killers an automatic vote, offerings would be more balanced....

• Silas
    Silas Member Posts: 307
    Options

@deadwolfwalking said:
    a counter to map selection. if 2 survivors play the same map offering, a killers map offering takes a dive.... by giving killers an automatic vote, offerings would be more balanced....

Giving the killer an extra "vote" is the opposite of balanced. Sure, obviously the number of survivors outweighs the killer, but there is no guarantee that multiple survivors (even SWF) are going to play the same offering. It's a gamble.

• deadwolfwalking
    Options

@Silas said:

@deadwolfwalking said:

Giving the killer an extra "vote" is the opposite of balanced. Sure, obviously the number of survivors outweighs the killer, but there is no guarantee that multiple survivors (even SWF) are going to play the same offering. It's a gamble.

4 swf playing same offering is an absolute shut out for killer. same way with 3 survivors.... but a killer with an extra vote would be more balanced than what you currently consider 'balance'....

• ThePloopz
    Options
    How many times does this actually happen though? I don’t think it happening enough to warrant a change right now anyway 
  • Jack11803
    Options

@deadwolfwalking said:

@Silas said:

@deadwolfwalking said:

4 swf playing same offering is an absolute shut out for killer. same way with 3 survivors.... but a killer with an extra vote would be more balanced than what you currently consider 'balance'....

The mais should just get fixed. Then keep it the way it is. It shouldn’t be “I want this whatever sided map” it should be “I like this map so I want it” thus everyone should get an equal choice. You should solve the problem st the root, not add a system like this.

• Krowplex
    Krowplex Member Posts: 46
    Options

In my opinion, a map ban for survivors and killers is the way to go.
    For survivors, every survivor could pick a map and 2 of them would be randomly selected, and these would be banned.
    For killers, the killer would be able to select 2 maps to ban as well.
    This, for instance, would bring diversity to a map selection system, as map selection would be less linear for both killers and survivors. No offerings needed and current offerings would stay the same.

• deadwolfwalking
    Options

no. currently its all chest and missing hook offerings.... this way it would be better. have your extra chests and missing hooks. we'll play on my map....

• Silas
    Silas Member Posts: 307
    Options

Again:

@Silas said:

Your assumptions are cute and all, but they don't validate whatever attempt at a point you're trying to make.

• Jack11803
    edited June 2018
    Options

@deadwolfwalking said:
    no. currently its all chest and missing hook offerings.... this way it would be better. have your extra chests and missing hooks. we'll play on my map....

But what if don’t wanna? Survivors are gameplay wise, weaker and about 1/4 killer, or should be. What if it’s a solo match? Which is what I do? Always killer sided maps would be picked. Maps should not be easily chosen, except with offerings, and should just be edited to be more fair

• guest602
    guest602 Member Posts: 149
    Options

The only problem I see with the offering system, is when you choose an offering but someone else also does, and that the game occurs on the map this someone else chose, you don't have your offering anymore. I think you should keep it.

• deadwolfwalking
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

@deadwolfwalking said:

But what if don’t wanna? Survivors are gameplay wise, weaker and about 1/4 killer, or should be. What if it’s a solo match? Which is what I do? Always iller sides maps would be picked. Maps should not be easily chosen, except with offerings, and should just be edited to be more fair

killers are ALWAYS solo. we have no option.... survivors ALWAYS have the option. ALMOST always join with others. and just as often coordinate as to 'who brings what'.... so **** the killer because there MIGHT be a solo player? lol. you ppl.... :D

• Jack11803
    Options

@guest602 said:
    The only problem I see with the offering system, is when you choose an offering but someone else also does, and that the game occurs on the map this someone else chose, you don't have your offering anymore. I think you should keep it.

The offerings increase the chance of that map. Even with a green one, it can fail. You don’t keep it then. You should only keep offerings if a dc occurs, or if it’s literally contradicted, like the bouquets used to be.

• guest602
    guest602 Member Posts: 149
    Options

@Jack11803 Then why did they remove the brown/yellow map offerings if it simply increases the chance of a map?

• Jack11803
    Options

@deadwolfwalking said:

@Jack11803 said:

@deadwolfwalking said:

But what if don’t wanna? Survivors are gameplay wise, weaker and about 1/4 killer, or should be. What if it’s a solo match? Which is what I do? Always iller sides maps would be picked. Maps should not be easily chosen, except with offerings, and should just be edited to be more fair

killers are ALWAYS solo. we have no option.... survivors ALWAYS have the option. ALMOST always join with others. and just as often coordinate as to 'who brings what'.... so **** the killer because there MIGHT be a solo player? lol. you ppl.... :D

Past green (a single offering) chances for a map are capped. Also, there is almost always solo players. Besides maps wouldn’t be “home field advantage” if they were balanced. And in that case the offering system is fine.

• Jack11803
    Options

@guest602 said:
    @Jack11803 Then why did they remove the brown/yellow map offerings if it simply increases the chance of a map?

They didn’t increase it enough.

• Krowplex
    Options

@deadwolfwalking said:

@Jack11803 said:

@deadwolfwalking said:

Having made small games for a while, if you assume that people who plays your game are always gonna go for one option over the others, you're wrong. Some will do this, and some will do that.

Here's a small scenario: Player1 has the choice to go through door X and door Y. Do you say: nobody will go through door Y because they have the option to go through door X? No! You have to plan for both sides. And if you give the player this option, you shouldn't hard punish him for picking it.

It's not always black or white. It can vary. Personally, I always play solo, simply because I don't feel like having a weight attached to my leg.

• deadwolfwalking
    Options

so because maps SHOULD be balanced, my point is null.... despite the fact that we all know nothing about the game is balanced.... but my request is unreasonable because it favors the killer.... lol. whatever....

• Jack11803
    Options

@deadwolfwalking said:
    so because maps SHOULD be balanced, my point is null.... despite the fact that we all know nothing about the game is balanced.... but my request is unreasonable because it favors the killer.... lol. whatever....

It’s because the topic isn’t actually a big issue currently. You should be requesting for balanced maps instead is what I’m saying.

• Jack11803
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

@deadwolfwalking said:

It’s because the topic isn’t actually a big issue currently. You should be requesting for balanced maps instead is what I’m saying.

Also, whether you like it or not. Survivors, OP or not have to also have weight in the matter. You said there’s almost never a solo in your lobby, so “screw them, killers more important” however, from the solo guys point of view; HE WILL LITERALLY NEVER, EVER GET THE MAP HE WANTS. That’s just dumb. It’s better left to chance.

• deadwolfwalking
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

@deadwolfwalking said:

we already have 4 'balance the map' threds.... thats putting a hat on a ******* hat.... this is different....

• Jack11803
    Options

@deadwolfwalking said:

@Jack11803 said:

@deadwolfwalking said:

we already have 4 'balance the map' threds.... thats putting a hat on a ******* hat.... this is different....

Well in that case, I’m saying this idea isn’t good.

• deadwolfwalking
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

@deadwolfwalking said:

@Jack11803 said:

@deadwolfwalking said:

lol. count your flags. lol. you're in no position to call 'good ideas'.... :D

• Jack11803
    Options

@deadwolfwalking said:

@Jack11803 said:

@deadwolfwalking said:

@Jack11803 said:

@deadwolfwalking said:

My flags are amazing thank you very much!

• Krowplex
    Options

To continue your idea, In my opinion, a map ban for survivors and killers is the way to go.
    For survivors, every survivor could pick a map and 2 of them would be randomly selected, and these would be banned.
    For killers, the killer would be able to select 2 maps to ban as well.
    This, for instance, would bring diversity to a map selection system, as map selection would be less linear for both killers and survivors. No offerings needed and current offerings would stay the same.

• deadwolfwalking
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

@deadwolfwalking said:

@Jack11803 said:

@deadwolfwalking said:

@Jack11803 said:

@deadwolfwalking said:

i agree. an impressive display.... but it also takes you out of the running for Mr. 'Hey, Guys. Listen To This'.... :D

• ThePloopz
    Options

@Jack11803 said:

@deadwolfwalking said:

@Jack11803 said:

@deadwolfwalking said:

@Jack11803 said:

@deadwolfwalking said:

i agree. an impressive display.... but it also takes you out of the running for Mr. 'Hey, Guys. Listen To This'.... :D

People flag for no reason a lot of times tbf
  • Jack11803
    Options

@deadwolfwalking

Yeah I’m sure no Mod or dev would listen to my crazy babble. You heard it here first, but I believe the best way to balance the entire game (not talking about maps here) is to give solo comms. That way they’d be equal strength, or at least much closer to SWF. So then survivors could be nerfed.

The reason survivors are barely nerfed as of right now, is because although SWF is OP, solo is actually TOO WEAK. And a survivor nerf would be kicking them while they’re down. This would solve that. It’d also allow and more fair and streamlined change for aura perks, or buffs.

Of course this change should also include a mute button, and that button would tell the player you muted them so they don’t talk to air, and bans for certain behavior... you know; the works.

• deadwolfwalking
    Options

@ThePloopz

thats very true. and i happen to like the fella. we met on a DBD community.... but i also know he is an habitual shitposter and 'rabble rouser'.... :D

• deadwolfwalking
    Options

@Jack11803 said:
    @deadwolfwalking

Yeah I’m sure no Mod or dev would listen to my crazy babble. You heard it here first, but I believe the best way to balance the entire game (not talking about maps here) is to give solo comms. That way they’d be equal strength, or at least much closer to SWF. So then survivors could be nerfed.

The reason survivors are barely nerfed as of right now, is because although SWF is OP, solo is actually TOO WEAK. And a survivor nerf would be kicking them while they’re down. This would solve that. It’d also allow and more fair and streamlined change for aura perks, or buffs.

Of course this change should also include a mute button, and that button would tell the player you muted them so they don’t talk to air, and bans for certain behavior... you know; the works.

i can support this....

• ThePloopz
    Options

@ThePloopz

thats very true. and i happen to like the fella. we met on a DBD community.... but i also know he is an habitual shitposter and 'rabble rouser'.... :D

Oh I know lmao he slightly tricked with fake news about the console update 
  • Jack11803
    edited June 2018
    Options

@deadwolfwalking said:
    @ThePloopz

Ploopz also knows me from PS :p

• Krowplex
    edited June 2018
    Options

It's nothing new in the gaming industry and it's always been like that - Give a buff, then nerf even harder. However, this seems like the only reasonable approach.

• Runiver
    Runiver Member Posts: 2,095
    Options

I'd simply prefer maps to be balanced overall, rather than making a few maps to be overly painful.